Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-11-2019, 02:26 AM   #1
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Its All For The Best

Maybe it is all for the best that 19 is shuttering soon. Too often am I getting really excited about seeing a card I want, only to realize I'm in 19 and I actually want that card in 20.

"AHHH!!! Doug Jones! No wait..."

I'm just glad I've been able to build a team good enough to remain in Perfect and occasionally snipe a playoff appearance here and there (3x thus far)

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:44 AM   #2
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I still enjoy 19 more than 20. Maybe it's just meant more to me building my teams my way for so much longer, but the new game just doesn't excite me to the same extent 19 always did. Getting three teams to the Perfect level was awesome and two of them have won PL championships - my Blues have won 5. I haven't spent a penny on my 20 teams and honestly haven't gotten into them to the same extent, but only one has made it to PL.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:32 AM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I can see where you're coming from. Between the smaller card base and the smaller number of point awarding achievements, 19 has a different feel and pace to it. I personally think I probably ultimately prefer 20, but 19 is definitely something special in its own right.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #4
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

My 19 team was a late starter F2P and currently goes about .500 in perfect each year as I check in once a month or so. Won one PL championship.

That team still has cards like Patrick Corbin and Len Barker on it. Craig Stammen has been in the bullpen since the starter packs. An 83 Lindor at SS. No way something similar would be competitive this iteration in perfect.

It also has 96 Bill Freehan as my starting catcher so I can never open it again without getting irrationally angry seeing him.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I still enjoy 19 more than 20. Maybe it's just meant more to me building my teams my way for so much longer, but the new game just doesn't excite me to the same extent 19 always did. Getting three teams to the Perfect level was awesome and two of them have won PL championships - my Blues have won 5. I haven't spent a penny on my 20 teams and honestly haven't gotten into them to the same extent, but only one has made it to PL.
Yes, I still enjoy 19. The competition of the teams are amazing. So many good teams and I love competing against them all each week. There is no way I’d want to leave this team and all the history of this league. Each week I find a challenge and every couple of weeks I get a rival in my league to battle against. I also love looking at the stats and history of each player and teams as I go against them week after week trying to win that Championship. With all this history I could never move on but I understand they need to eliminate the earliest version so they can make more money with the next but until that happens.....What a GREAT ride....

Last edited by Zorro; 11-19-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote