Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

Adding cash to trades

First of all, thank you for this forum...otherwise, I'm sure I would be annoying people to all hell with all my questions. :-)

I'm attempting to add cash to a trade I'm making with the Rangers, but I'm absolutely unable to. Won't allow me to click that blank and fill in anything. I am in Commissioner Mode (checked that), I have money in my starting balance (checked that), I'm allowed to initiate trades as a GM (checked that), Any other things I need to do?

Update: Okay, this is getting interesting - if I add the cash first, it takes it; the instant I add any players, it erases the blank, refuses to allow me to change it...but the Trade Summary in the middle lists the proper amount of money. Hmmm.
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Once both parties agree to the trade, you cannot add cash to it.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #3
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

If you want to add cash, probably from your trade partner, just try to add another one of his players first. The cash box will usually open back up to edit the amount. Once edited, just remove the player you added.
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:06 AM   #4
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

It's strange. If I start with the cash, hit enter, then add the players, no problem. If I want to change the amount of cash involved, I have to remove all the players, enter cash, hit enter, then re-add the players.

So I have a workaround, but this is kinda glitchy. Is anyone else experiencing this?
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #5
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriole^ View Post
It's strange. If I start with the cash, hit enter, then add the players, no problem. If I want to change the amount of cash involved, I have to remove all the players, enter cash, hit enter, then re-add the players.

So I have a workaround, but this is kinda glitchy. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Same thing happens to me. Also, the AI seems to agree to a trade no matter how much money is involved, they just don't care. Only the players are important to them, so it's always good to just add as much money as you can.
boogeyboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

It's not that I'm condoning extortion during your trade negotiations, but the AI values the player more than the cash. If you find yourself in a pinch for cash, use this feature to add some to the ledger, but don't sell off too many prospects doing it.
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote