Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

Projected Budget vs $ Available for Free Agents

This is my fifth version of the game so I feel pretty dumb asking this question especially as I know it's been answered quite a few times before.

Anyway, I have a projected budget of 5 million, 14 million available for free agents, 10 million in cash and 33 million for extensions. I understand how the the available funds work as I have a couple big contracts ending after this year. What I am trying to figure out is why I can offer a free agent up to 14 million with no problems but when I attempt to make a trade for a player with a 6 million contract, I am informed that I would be over budget. I understand that the 6 million would put me over budget and why I cannot make the trade. What I don't understand though is why I can sign a one year contract with a free agent for double the amount I can trade for without a problem...

Why is there a difference as it appears both would put me over budget for this year?
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

My guess is contract length. Is the trade for a player with multiple years left?
I think cash only counts for this year and not next year or beyond.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

[QUOTE=TGH-Adfabre;3693967]My guess is contract length. Is the trade for a player with multiple years left?
I think cash only counts for this year and not next year or beyond.[/QUOTE

That makes sense so I tried trading for someone with a one year contract but that still was not allowed. Looks like cash cannot be used for taking on a contract but only for adding to trades to allow the other team to not lose budget value. I've usually only played as teams that grow my own players through the minors and am the one trading away high dollar veterans but I lost 3 pitchers to injury so had to try something new... Learn something new every day. Thanks for the suggestion.
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote