Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Swede_06
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Replay Questions...

A couple of questions about Historical Replays...

1.) If you start let's say in 1901, I know the rosters will reflect 1901, but what happens I 1902, where do the rookies go?

2.) Same scenario, what happens to off-season, or in-season trades?

3.) Finally, what if you decide to "tinker" with history, and make trades teams turned down (like Ty Cobb to Cleveland for Elmer Flick in 1905), or not make trades (like the Indians giving up Shoeless Joe Jackson)?
"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud."...Bob Uecker
Swede_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
Swede_06
Minors (Rookie Ball)

bumping this to the top in hope of answers
"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud."...Bob Uecker
Old 05-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Where the rookies go is up to you. You can either let them go to their real life teams or you can have a rookie draft each off season.

Unless you are using real transactions the teams in your league will make trades during the season and off season.

Unless you are using real transactions OOTP replays will quickly turn into a fictional universe with players performing much like they did in real life.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #4
Swede_06
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK...thanks for the answers!

One more thing, and it's pretty obvious...If you are doing a historical replay, there is no way the minor league rosters are correct, right?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede_06 View Post
OK...thanks for the answers!

One more thing, and it's pretty obvious...If you are doing a historical replay, there is no way the minor league rosters are correct, right?
No they won't be correct.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
Swede_06
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I thought of this at work...

What happens to players who have their careers end suddenly...like Ray Chapman, who was beaned and died...can they go longer in their careers?