Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
CooKooforCocoCrisp
Bat Boy

2 questions: "stuff" increase/ball locations

New to OOTP and absolutely love it. I have two quick questions though:

1. I'm playing the MLB Quickstart as the Athletics and I was surprised to see Sonny Gray's Stuff rating was lower than Jesse Chavez. I looked at the player editor page in commissioner mode and couldn't figure out how to increase his stuff rating by a couple of points. I didn't want to go in and just randomly change numbers. Can anyone help with this?

2. I was trying to edit the ball locations for each park and couldn't figure out what to do with the 7/8XD ball position. I looked in the manual and all of the other ball position abbreviations make sense. Does anyone know what the XD stands for? (I thought it might be extra deep but I could be wrong)

Thanks for any help!
CooKooforCocoCrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooKooforCocoCrisp View Post

1. I'm playing the MLB Quickstart as the Athletics and I was surprised to see Sonny Gray's Stuff rating was lower than Jesse Chavez. I looked at the player editor page in commissioner mode and couldn't figure out how to increase his stuff rating by a couple of points. I didn't want to go in and just randomly change numbers. Can anyone help with this?

2. I was trying to edit the ball locations for each park and couldn't figure out what to do with the 7/8XD ball position. I looked in the manual and all of the other ball position abbreviations make sense. Does anyone know what the XD stands for? (I thought it might be extra deep but I could be wrong)

Thanks for any help!
I don't mess with ratings, but for your second ?...You got it...extra deep. I put those in the stands...works well for home runs and I just imagine it's a nice leaping catch for the few flyballs that use xd.
One important thing when adjusting the ball coordinates is to set the HP (home plate) exactly on the home plate in your pic. as the other ball coordinates are based on the HP location.

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-09-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooKooforCocoCrisp View Post

To adjust his stuff ratings, go to his pitches in the editor and drive up the current ratings and potentials on them. And make sure you hit Enter each time you change a number. Otherwise, the changes won't take.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
CooKooforCocoCrisp
Bat Boy

Thanks guys! Good point on the home plate thing. I have been moving ball locations but still see some "singles" that go foul.
CooKooforCocoCrisp is offline   Reply With Quote