Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

28 Team - 6 Division - 162 Game - Interleague Play Schedule

I have just expanded my league by two for a total of 28 teams. I have 3 divisions in each subleague (North, Central, South). In both subleagues, the North Division has 4 teams and the Central and South divisions have 5 teams. I need a schedule that includes interleague play for 162 game season.

If you need more info about my league, let me know. Can't start my 1998 season without a schedule, but no pressure..LOL
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Anybody care to take this on? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:46 AM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Let us say this is a work in progress. I thought I was doing pretty well on it until...

Have you ever heard the story of the two teams building a bridge, one starting on each side, but when they meet in the middle the two sides do not line up? It is something like that right now.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

You could use the 1997 MLB schedule as an alternative, though you'd have to switch around the team IDs to accommodate your slightly different divisional alignment.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

I really appreciate you guys working on this for me. I don't care if I use an old MLB schedule, I just need something where my teams will play 162 games and have interleague play. I'm not sure exactly what you mean about "switching around team IDs". Does that involve alot of work to do?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Any luck guys?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:32 AM   #7
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Give this (zipped file) a try. Division opponents are played 16-20 times each, other league opponents are played 6-9 times each, and there are 18 total interleague games per team. The layout is pretty much like MLB in start date, end date, All-Star Game date.

Let me know if there are any problems. Sounds like you are in a hurry, but it is good to at least test-check the schedule before just running with it.

Last edited by gmo; 05-02-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #8
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Ok...do I need to run like a sim for an enitre year with the schedule or do I just need to just look over it really good before I start my season?Thanks by the way for the hard work! I didn't mean to rush you.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
gmo
Hall Of Famer

There is the schedule grid and some other report (games versus opponents?) that you can look over. Those probably should catch anything. I think creating a test league a running a year just to be sure would be really thorough but probably unnecessary.

For pretty much every schedule I make I have a suite of tests I use, so I am in general confident they are what I think they are (and hopefully what was intended!). That is why I rarely make a test league and load the schedule file myself. But you never know for certain, and I only give a quick visual inspection after the last step of making the lsdl file.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #10
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Ok, I loaded it and looked over it and everything LOOKED ok. I started playing and got through spring training, but when I got to opening day, I found out that the All-Star game was scheduled on April 6th. Can this be fixed?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #11
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Ok, I restored my backup last night on my league. Now waiting for either the schedule that was posted to get repaired, or a new schedule.Also, by the way, I noticed that inside the file, it says that some homestand can be as much as 30 games at a time. Is there anyway to reduce that number to make it a little more realistic? If not, I understand. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkonisback View Post
Ok, I restored my backup last night on my league. Now waiting for either the schedule that was posted to get repaired, or a new schedule.
That ASG thing was a problem in the top data line of the file (ASG was set for day "1" instead of day "100"). That is fixed now in the attachment up above.
Quote:
Also, by the way, I noticed that inside the file, it says that some homestand can be as much as 30 games at a time. Is there anyway to reduce that number to make it a little more realistic? If not, I understand. Thanks for the help!
That is not really in this schedule. The "no more than 14 games straight home or away" is actually accurate. I just started the comments by copying from another file, and I did not delete that 30 games bit.