Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #2241
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041 Top Prospects

Top 100 Prospects List Published:
The season is about to start, so it's time to publish the annual Top 100 Prospects list. This year 21-year-old RHP Lúcio Morín Jr. of the Ellicott City Express is the #1 prospect overall.

Here is the top 10:
1) RHP Lúcio Morín Jr., 21, Ellicott City Express
2) SS Álex Silva, 22, Norfolk Cavaliers
3) RHP Ben Johnson, 22, Chadds Ford Cannons
4) SS Eduardo Reyes, 21, Washington Senators
5) RHP Augusto Cardenas, 20, Milton Brewers
6) RHP Adrián Bare, 23, Wilmington Iron Pigs
7) RHP José Guerra, 19, Wilmington Iron Pigs
8) RHP Stephen Rose, 23, King George Royals
9) LHP José Salcido, 20, Milford Clippers
10) C Miguel Cortesini, 24, Chadds Ford Cannons

Chadds Ford Thoughts: Looks like I left Chadds Ford in a good shape with two top-10 prospects. Cortesini was #29 last season so to see such a big jump is exciting for him. At 24 he should be making a splash soon. I gave him an opportunity last year and he did 'ok' looks like he will be starting the season in AAA this year. Ben Johnson, I stole from the New Castle Colonials along with Ben Alexander. Johnson was #24 last year, a huge jump for him, and at 22 should be seeing big league action in 1-2 years. Honestly, I don't see Cortesini being "the man" anytime soon.

Last years #1 was SP Ramon Jimenez. He battled injuries through his first full campaign with the Mountaineers and only managed to throw in 9 games, all starts, going 4-2 2.61. If he can stay healthy, and many experts don't think he can, he could be an ace for a long time to come.

History of the Top Prospects
Here is a look at the past top prospects, with some very quality names on the list including some Hall-of-Famers (donated with the *) and Hall-of-Famers to be.

2013: OF Peter Peters, New Castle Colonials*
2014: SP Pedro Rivera, Ocean City Tourists*
2015: C Andy Kohl, Dover Generals*
2016: SP Brad Jones, Newark Millers*
2017: C Will Riley, Ellicott City Express*
2018: C Antonio 'Buzz' Castaneda, Chesapeake Blue Crabs
2019: SP Pablo García, Salisbury Ports
2020: SS Anthony Lucarelli, Seaford Blue Jays
2021: SS Anthony Lucarelli, Seaford Blue Jays
2022: SP Ricardo González, Wilmington Iron Pigs
2023: MR Júlio Rocha, Milton Brewers
2024: SP Gonzalo Bustamante, Georgetown Sixteens
2025: LF Jorge Arredondo, Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs
2026: SS António Hernández, Ellicott City Express
2027: RF Jorge Arredondo, Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs
2028: SP Juan Durango, New Castle Colonials
2029: C Héctor Pagán, Richmond Cardinals
2030: C Héctor Pagán, Richmond Cardinals
2031: SS Brian Battle, Martinsburg Mountaineers
2032: SS Brian Battle, Martinsburg Mountaineers
2033: CF Salvador Espinoza, Washington Senators
2034: SP Kevin Schultz, King George Royals
2035: CF Tyrone Jackson, Martinsburg Mountaineers
2036: LF Lorenzo Montoya, Christiana Blue Hens
2037: SP Armando Santos, Ellicott City Express
2038: SP Armando Santos, Ellicott City Express
2039: SP Ramon Jimenez, Martinsburg Mountaineers
2040: SP Ramón Jiménez, Martinsburg Mountaineers
2041: SP Lucio Morin Jr., Ellicott City Express

Lucio Morin Jr, last year's #20 prospect, is a 21-year-old righty with a high-ceiling. Morin was draft in 2038 and played 21 games in short-season A-ball. He then split 2039 between A and AA, and last year he spent all season in AAA, where he went 10-12 5.58. If he continues his speedy climb the fans in Ellicott City will see him on the mound by the end of the year.

Top Minor Leauge Systems:

Top-5
1st - Chadds Ford Cannons: P B. Johnson (3rd) , C M. Cortesini (10th) , CF P. Orozco (11th) , 3B M. Sterling (13th) , P E. Shively (54th)
2nd - Milton Brewers: P A. Cardenas (5th) , 1B T. Silva (12th) , SS F. Ramírez (50th) , P M. Callahan (51st) , P I. Romero (61st)
3rd - Norfolk Cavaliers: SS Á. Silva (2nd) , P D. Ellison (30th) , P M. Rich (36th) , P L. Aguilar (55th) , RF S. Ramos (68th)
4th - Washington Senators: 2B E. Reyes (4th) , 2B D. Sánchez (28th) , P F. Pérez (44th) , 1B W. Moore (67th) , SS J. Hidalgo (93rd)
5th - Wilmington Iron Pigs: P A. Bare (6th) , P J. Guerra (7th) , P J. Huffman (62nd)

Bottom 5
24th - Harpers Ferry Raiders: C P. Madrigal (82nd) , P B. Richards (95th)
25th - Georgetown Sixteens: P S. Combs (77th)
26th - Port Penn Ducks: P D. Klein (99th)
27th - Annapolis Admirals
28th - Alexandria Growlers

16th - Chesapeake Blue Crabs: P M. Clemons (43rd) , P M. Gonzáles (48th) , P R. Rodríguez (59th) , P M. Violante (70th) , P P. Guzmán (84th)
I am surprised to see my minor league system rated so high! Glad to see I have a few top 100 prospects when I got here I was nervous that my minor league system wasn't very strong. Our top prospect is 19-year-old Mike Clemons who was our #1 pick in 2039. Last year he pitched in Single-A going 6-8 4.80 in 30 GS. He will be starting in AAA this year and as a lefty, he could be key to this team's success over the next 5 years. My scout only sees him as a 3* prospect.
Attached Images

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:56 AM   #2242
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Wow, this one is still going strong. I haven't looked at the Dynasty Thread in a long time. Been stuck playing Perfect Team and have ignored the solo leagues. I really need to get back to Dynasties, the worlds I have made have crumbled.

Looks great! Keep up the good work.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #2243
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
Wow, this one is still going strong. I haven't looked at the Dynasty Thread in a long time. Been stuck playing Perfect Team and have ignored the solo leagues. I really need to get back to Dynasties, the worlds I have made have crumbled.

Looks great! Keep up the good work.
I am not updating it as often as I would like, but I am going to try to finish with a bang.

Thanks for reading and checking back!

and the spin off:

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
Old 06-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #2244
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041 - DE Conference Predictions

Looks like the big teams are going to be the leaders in the DE Conference with the Clippers (10 playoff appearances, 3 titles), the Iron Pigs (10 playoff appearances), and the Braves (17 playoff appearances, 6 titles) predicted to win their divisions... The Blue Jays and Generals will be trying to take down the Clippers, while the Clippers look for their 4th division title in a row. The Blue Hens have won the division 2-times in a row and will be looking to make that 3, while the Cannons will be chasing the Iron Pigs and Blue Hens trying to make it back to the playoffs for the first time 3 years. The Sixteens have 9 division titles including winning the last 6 years. The Braves will have to hold off the Sixteens if they want to break that streak!

Lewes Braves hitters Eisaku Fujihara and Ichizo Nii are the early favorites for MVP, while Iron Pigs Pat Reynolds, Clippers Cal Lawton, and Braves Scott Vanciny look to be the front runners for the Golden Arm.

Hopefully, this season will be more enjoyable than the predicted standings are making it appear.
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 06-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #2245
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041 - MV Conference Predictions

The Beltway Division looks to be the closest division this season with the Senators (10 playoff appearances, 2 championships) will look to win the division for the 5th time in 6 years, missing out last year, to their closest competition the Annapolis Admirals (12 playoff appearances, 0 titles). The Mountaineers have only been around since 2030 but have started to create a dynasty, winning the division the past 4 seasons, including 2 titles. They are young and hungry and want to hoist the trophy again in 2041. The, or my, Blue Crabs (8 playoff appearances, 1 title) have made the playoffs the past 4-seasons, the last 3 as the division winner, and look to make it 5 in a row. We won the title in 2039 and would love to have it back in our clubhouse.

Mountaineers Ulbrecht Gette and Tyrone Jackson are the favorites to win the MVP awards, and Mountaineers Hugh Duncan and Ramon Jimenez look to be the favorites to win the Golden Arm awards.

Can anyone stop the Mountaineers this year or will they continue to dominate?
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 07-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #2246
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041 - Blue Crabs Opening Week & Roster

Opening Week is HERE!!
Games this Week: 5 vs Ocean City Tourists, 2 @ Fruitland Ports

Personal Message from Owner Emílio García: Season Expectation:
Tony,

Welcome to the new season. I hope that the off-season has treated you well! This is also a reminder that you should be able to achieve a winning season, playing better than .500 ball.

Good Luck!
Emílio García

Final Roster:
With only 25 roster slots available, we will have to make 8 roster moves. This final 8 will be tough, as I will be carrying 12 pitchers and 13 position players, at least that is my first thought... it may end up being 11/14 depending on who I can move and not. Currently, 15 pitchers and 18 position players are on the roster.

Transactions to the Minors
Pitchers:

MR Leonardo Gallegos (L): 11 .1 IP, 4.76 ERA, 11 K's
MR Pancho Guzman: 16.1 IP, 1.10 ERA, 16 K's (tough drop!)
MR Carl Hubbard: 13.2 IP, 5.93, 16 K's (spent all 2040 on big-league roster)
Guzman and Hubbard all have high ceilings and will be up with us this year.
This gives us 12 pitchers. Michael Swift would get sent to AAA, but as a rule-5 draft pick, I am going to keep him with the big club, not ready to lose him.

Position Players:
3B Luis Antonio Rodriguez (.263-1-5)
C Lucio Velazquez (.273-0-3) Wanted to keep him up but just couldn't fit him in.
3B Rodrigo Carmona (.333-2-5) has no options so I am not 100% sure what I am going to do with him.

I still need to figure out what 3 players just won't be with us this year... I have some ideas of what I should do, but I still need to figure this out. I don't want to lose anyone too important to this team and the future.

12 pitchers, 16 position players, I need to remove 1 and 2 to bring it down to 11 and 15. I am struggling here and I am not 100% sure what to do, release the old guy and go with youth, send the youngster to AAA and let the old guy have one more shot? This is the time of the season that can, at least to me, be the most difficult.

Pitching wise I have no one who can be demoted, so it looks like I have to think about remove Michael Swift from the team maybe I make a deal and bring him back or keep him... I asked Theo Bomas to go to AAA, but he refused which I didn't really expect, but it is what it is...

I am stuck on what to do... I want to make sure my team is the 'top' team I can put out on the field without a) losing too much money and b) losing too much talent.

Roster Breakdown
Position Players
C: Marvin Garrett
1B: Victor Santiago
2B: Derek Slaughter
3B: John Hughes
SS: Jimmy Dye
LF: Andrew Guerin
CF: Alan Willis
RF: Jose Aguila
DH: Steven Hodge

C: Jose Rodriquez
1B: Naofumi Ohayashi
UTL: Juan Cruz
UTL: Rodrigo Carmona
UTL: Leo O'Connor (possible DFA)
OF: Weston Thomas
OF: Ron Turney

Staff
SP: Shawn Bell
SP: Cesar Berau
SP: Aaron McComb
SP: Fred Rose
SP: Joey Hamrick

CL: Tim Meyers
SU: Robert Torres
SU: Theo Bomas

MR: Carlos Berrios (only lefty on the team)
MR Donald Bender
MR: Michael Swift (possible Rule5 return)
MR: Jose Ruiz

That is 28... I am totally struggling with the final 3...

Torres, Berau, Willis, Aguila, and Garret all have options, but they are some of my top players.
Bomas has an option but refused re-assignment
Slaughter has 3 options, but he is set to be the starting 2B
Swift is a Rule-5, and will most likely be let go (and I may try to bring him back)
O'Connor has a 1-more year at 15-million and no one is willing to deal.
Cruz and Dye have no options

So DFA O'Connor, let Swift go back to his former club, and I still have one more move... I may end up trying to deal Naofumi, but I like his bat for $3 million.

Oddly these roster moves have been slowing me down to getting this season going... I just need to do it so I can get it going!!!

Is it cheating to go into system settings and change the rosters to 26? lol

and the spin off:

Old 07-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #2247
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Final Roster Set - FINALLY

I made the final roster moves... they were tough, but I have delayed WAY too long.
1) Released Michael Swift, then traded back for him:
Chesapeake-Annapolis Trade Confirmed: The Blue Crabs and the Admirals finalized a deal this afternoon. Chesapeake has traded for 24-year-old RHP Michael Swift and in return, Annapolis will receive 26-year-old minor league LF Jamal O'Neal, an 8th round draft pick and $250,000 in cash.

2) Leo O'Connor won't be happy, but he has been waived and DFA'd. I tried to pull off a deal, but nothing was out there which gave me the ability to make roster space.

3) I keep trying to demote players with no options... this was a tough decision, but I made...I have DFA's another overpaid veteran Ron Turney. Turney has 3 more years on his contract I tried to trade him but failed...

Now we are set at 25! Finally. Well for about 10-days and then I will have more decisions to make since I doubt either one of these guys will be 'snatched' up. Maybe in the meantime, I will shop them around and just have to take on a huge bulk of their contracts, at least with O'Connor he is in his last season.

We need new Home Jerseys...
Attached Images

and the spin off:

Old 07-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #2248
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041: Week 1

Week 1
Current Week: 4-3 (4-3 .571, +1)
Next Week: 2 @ Fruitland Ports, 5 vs Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs
Power Ranking: 7 (105.9)

Home: 2-3 | Away: 2-0
April: 4-3

Runs Scored: 36 (4th)
Avg: .229 (11th)
HR: 15 (1st)
SB: 9 (4th)
Runs Against: 33 (9th)
Starters ERA: 4.24 (8th)
Pen ERA: 3.86 (7th)
Def Eff: .682 (9th)

Top Performers:
Hitting: John Hughes: .346-5-12, 2 2B, 9 H, 6 R
Pitching: Tim Meyers: 4 G, 0-0 3.86, 3 SV, 6K, 4.2 IP

Week 1:
Game 1: Ocean City 9, Blue Crabs 7 (11 Innings)

John Hugues: 2-4, HR (1), R, 2 RBI
Marvin Garrett: 1-4, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI
Shawn Bell: 7.0 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 8 K
Theo Bomas (L 0-1): 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R
H: 9, LOB; 6

Game 2: Ocean City 6, Blue Crabs 7
John Hugues: 2-4, 2 HR (3), 2 R, 4 RBI
Marvin Garrett: 1-4, HR (2), R, RBI
Steven Hodge: 1-3, HR (1), 2 R, RBI
Cesar Berau (W 1-0): 8.0 IP, 11 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 3 K
Tim Meyers (S 1): 1.0 IP, H, 2 R, BB
H: 8, LOB: 1

Game 3: Ocean City 6, Blue Crabs 1
Andrew Guerin: 2-4, RBI
Aaron McComb (L 0-1): 7.2 IP, 13 H, 6 R, 5 K
H: 5, LOB: 1

Game 4: Ocean City 2, Blue Crabs 10
Jose Aguila: 2-3, 2B, HR (1), 2 R, 3 RBI
John Hugues: 1-3, HR (4), R, 3 RBI
Derek Slaughter: 2-3, HR (1), R, RBI
Alan Willis: 3-5, 3B, HR (1), 3 R, RBI, SB (1)
Victor Santiago: 2-3, 3B, R, 2 RBI
Fred Rose (W 1-0): 9.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 ER, BB, 7 K
H:13, LOB: 7

Game 5: Ocean City 9, Blue Crabs 4
Andrew Guerin: 1-4, HR (1), R, RBI
John Hughes: 204, HR (5), R, 2 RBI
Joey Hamrick (L 0-1): 5.0 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 4 BB, 5 K
H: 6, LOB: 3

Game 6: Blue Crabs 2, Fruitland 0
Victor Santiago: 1-4, HR (1), R, RBI
Jose Aguila: 1-2, HR (2), R, RBI
Shawn Bell (W 1-0): 8.1 IP, 6 H, 7 K
Tim Meyers (SV 2): 0.2 IP, H, 2 K
H: 5, LOB: 3

Game 7: Blue Crabs 4, Fruitland 1
Jimmy Dye: 1-3, HR (1), R, 2 RBI
Jose Rodriguez: 2-4, 2B, R
Cesar Berau: 6.0 IP, 8 H, R, 2 BB, 6 K
Theo Bomas (W 1-1): 2.0 IP, BB
Tim Meyers (SV 3): 1.0 IP, H
H: 8, LOB: 3

Blue Crabs Roundup
Transactions: None
Injuries: None

GM Notes:
The theme of this week? Inconsistency and power! Overall we didn't play well but still ended up 4-3. Partly in thanks to 2 games against the lowly Fruitland Ports. But what it does tell me if we can get ourselves together and start to click we should be ok. Our team can score, but scoring will only get us so far.

I remember seeing John Hughes lead the Mountaineers so I knew he could hit. I am hoping that this first week is a good sign and not him bursting his bubble. He is just 2-seasons removed from a 51 HR 122 RBI campaign, so there is life in that bat. What he did this week was awesome and I would be a fool to think the career .240 hitter will end up hitting over .300, but stranger things have happened.

This may be a little harder than I thought, I really figured this team was going to be good and have a roster that I could work with, but it turns out it doesn't. There are a lot of vets on this team and in the end, it is my fault for bringing in players like Bomas and Hughes just to add to that list.

I will have to make some roster moves this week with O'Connor and Turney getting ready to come back. I am not sure what to do at this point, both are untradable, both are unwilling to take a demotion, and both aren't the players they used to be. I would hate to cut them and lose all that money, but isn't that what I am doing with them sitting in the AAA or on the bench? I may try to find a place for O'Connor as Juan Cruz is struggling... I am in a bad place. Seriously how do I not have anyone who can be sent down? This team isn't that 'deep'!

I say week 1 was a success and hopefully this team will come together play more consistently and win a lot more games. Last year we won 97 and no Blue Crabs team has ever won over 100, 97 last year, 96 in 2024, and 95 in 2015... my goal is to hit that magic 100.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Ichizo Nii, Lewes Braves: 11-26, 4 HR's, 8 RBI's
MarVa: Salvado Espinoza, 14-24, 0 HR's, 5 RBI's, 10 R's

Power Rankings:
1) Alexandria Growlers (164.3)
2) Washington Senators (163.3)
3) Chadds Ford Cannons (136.6)
4) King George Royals (135.6)
5) Martinsburg Mountaineers (133.6)

News:
Milford Clippers:
Lost MR Dan Austin for the year. The 35-year-old stretched his elbow ligament and will miss 11-months.
Lewes Braves: SP Scott Vanciny was at it again, striking out 16 Millers overs 8 Innings.
Lewes Braves: 1B Ichizo Nii had his hitting streak snapped at 20-games (started in 2040)
Martinsburg Mountaineers: SP Ramon Jimenez will be out the rest of the year with a torn rotator cuff. The 23-year-old started off the season throwing 14 innings of shut-out ball and posting a 2-0 record in 2 starts.

and the spin off:

Last edited by illeracula; 07-07-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #2249
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041: Week 2

Week 2
Current Week: 4-3 (8-6 .571, -- tied w/ Norfolk)
Next Week: 4 vs Ellicott City Express, 2 @ Harpers Ferry Raiders
Power Ranking: 9 (103.9, -2)

Home: 4-6 | Away: 4-0
April: 8-6

Runs Scored: 60 (8th)
Avg: .223 (13th)
HR: 22 (2nd)
SB: 23 (3rd)
Runs Against: 54 (t-5th)
Starters ERA: 3.62 (6th)
Pen ERA: 2.42 (2nd)
Def Eff: .726 (4th)

Top Performers:
Hitting: Jose Rodriguez: .462-2-5 (6-13), 2 2B, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 3 R
Pitching: Aaron McComb: 2 GS, 1-0 0.00, 17 IP, 10 H, 2 BB, 10 K

Week 2:
Game 8: Blue Crabs 2, Fruitland 0 (14 Innings)

Naofumi Ohayashi: 1-1, R, RBI, 2B, PH in 14th
Aaron McComb: 9.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 7 K
Roberto Torres (W 1-0): 3.0 IP, K
H: 8, LOB: 5

Game 9: Blue Crabs 2, Fruitland 1
Steven Hodge: 1-2, HR (2), R, 2 RBI
Marvin Garrett: 2-4, 2B, R
Fred Rose (W 2-0): 9.0 IP, 3 H, R, 2 BB, 3 K
H: 7, LOB: 5

Game 10: Virginia Beach 12, Blue Crabs 7
Jose Rodriquez: 4-4, 2B, HR (1), 2 R, 4 RBI
Jon Hughes: 1-4, HR (6), R, 3 RBI
Andrew Guerin: 2-2, R, RBI
Joey Hamrick (L 0-2): 4.0 IP, 12 H, 11 R, 10 ER, BB, 3 K
H: 14, LOB: 11

Game 11: Virginia Beach 1, Blue Crabs 5
Alan Willis: 1-3, 2B, R, 3 RBI
Jose Rodriguez: 2-4, HR (2), R, 2 RBI
Shawn Bell (W 2-0): 9.0 IP, 3 H, R, 3 BB, 11 K
H: 7, LOB: 2

Game 12: Virginia Beach 2, Blue Crabs 1
Jose Aguila: 2-4
Andrew Guerin: 0-2, R, 3 BB, 4 SB
Cesar Berau (L 1-1): 8.0IP, 8 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 4 K
H: 2, LOB; 5

Game 13: Virginia Beach 0, Blue Crabs 6
Derek Slaughter: 2-4, HR (2), 2 R, RBI
Steven Hodge: 1-3, HR (3), R, 2 RBI
Aaron McComb (W 1-1): 8.0 IP, 5 H, 2 BB, 3 K
H: 7, LOB: 6

Game 14: Virginia Beach 5, Blue Crabs 1
Weston Thomas: 2-3, RBI
Rodrigo Carmona: 2-3
Fred Rose (L 2-1): 9.0 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 3 BB, 7 K
H: 6, LOB: 10

Blue Crabs Roundup
Transactions:

Waived and DFA'd: Juan Cruz. Cruz was 0-2 this season. He has been claimed by New Castle within minutes.
Added Leo O'Connor to the active roster
Traded Away Ron Turney to the Express. We paid for 45% of his contract.

Chesapeake, Ellicott City Agree to Swap:
Today at a press conference the Chesapeake Blue Crabs announced a trade has been completed with the Ellicott City Express. The Blue Crabs have shipped 34-year-old CF Ron Turney and 20-year-old minor league 3B Luis Antonio Rodríguez to the Express for 29-year-old RHP Jonathan Hundley. Chesapeake will retain a portion of Turney's remaining contract. Turney is batting .244 with 1040 career base hits, including 162 doubles, 16 triples and 95 home runs with 446 RBIs and 527 runs scored. He has played in 1132 games, stolen 71 bases and compiled a .330 OBP. During his career the 29-year-old Hundley has piled up 928.1 innings. Over that time, he has fanned 658 batters, walked 331 and put up a 4.29 ERA. His lifetime won-lost mark is 56-49 and opposing clubs have hit .260 against him.

SP Jonathan Hundley was sent to AAA.

Injuries: None

GM Notes:
I wasn't happy with the changes I made to clear room for O'Connor and traded away Turney. At least with O'Connor when his contract is up he will walk... then I can target a shortstop. Juan Cruz wasn't the answer, but he could have been a nice utility man. Turney is still going to cost me which is awful, but it is what it is. Sometimes tough decisions need to be made... I just hope this isn't a dumb decision.

I worry about Leo O'Connor in the clubhouse. The 35-year-old wants to start and I am hoping he doesn't start crying and complaining and messing up the chemistry of this team. With the loss of Juan Cruz and Jimmy Dye struggling to hit .170 I have decided to move O'Connor into the starting 2B role. This is a little scary, but it could work out he has shown a solid bat in the past. So far this season however he is 0-3 with a K and an error in the 1-game he played.

Andrew Guerin stole 29 bases for the Crabs last year and this year I have in the leadoff slot in hopes for him to get on base and steal more, to set-up the middle of the lineup. Whatever he is doing so far this year, I hope he keeps it up... the problem is with writing this down I am totally jinxing him... Guerin is hitting .224 with an OBP .345 below is typical stats, but with his 12-12 steals in 13 games I don't see him leaving the lineup anytime soon. He is one of the game top base runners and I want to make use of that all season.

If you remember I had Joey Hamrick on my team before and he always underperformed for me... then last year for the Blue Crabs he went off and won 18 games! Amazing for Joey... This year? I think the real Joey Hamrick showed up. He has been shelled in his 2 games and I am really worried about those performances... I mean 2 starts, 9 IP, 17 H! This guy may end up somewhere else before too long his trade value will be somewhere close to nothing.

Another decent week, but a week where we should have done more... two weeks in and our theme is "Inconsistency". Lucky for us it is only April and there is still a lot more ball to be played.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Mikel Wallstreet, Lewes Braves: 12-29 (.414), 2 HR's, 14 RBI's, 8 R's (only 3-6, HR, 5 RBI w/ Lewes)
MarVa: Richard Forbes, Harpers Ferry Raiders: 12-27 (.444), 3 HR's, 4 RBI's, 7 R's

Power Rankings:
1) Washinton Senators (148.4)
2) King George Royals (136.6)
3) Chadds Ford Cannons (133.6)
4) Martinsburg Mountaineers (133.6)
5) Lewes Braves (124.7)

News:
Milford Clippers:
3B Peter Harvey isn't playing much this year and has realized it is time to hang it up. The 37-year-old has 5 AB's this season. He won the 2029 DE Conference Newcomer Award.
Alexandria Growlers: Lost SP Luis Sanchez for the season after suffering a torn flexor tendon. He was 1-0 1.93 so far this season.
Washington Senators: Lost MR Darren Reed for 6-months with radial nerve compression.
Milford Clippers: Tooka huge blow losing Cal Lawton for 3-months with a ruptured tendon in his finger. The 26-year-old and one time reliever of the year, has struggled to stay healthy as a starter.

Huge Swap includes Wallstreet and Fujihara:
Players had to say quick good-byes to their teammates this morning after learning that Martinsburg had traded 25-year-old CF Mikel Wallstreet to Braves for 33-year-old 1B Eisaku Fujihara. Club officials for both teams told reporters the major swap was finalized over the past two days after a week of negotiations. So far on the season, Wallstreet is hitting .327 with 1 home run, 12 RBIs and 8 runs scored. He has 16 hits and played in 12 games. This season Fujihara is batting at a .356 clip with 4 home runs and 12 RBIs.
>> I am not sure about this deal. What were the Mountaineers thinking? This will be interesting to watch how it pans out. Then again Wallstreet is hurt all the time and Fujihara has 20 power... maybe they did win this one.

and the spin off:

Old 07-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #2250
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041: Week 3

Week 3
Current Week: 6-0 (14-6 .700, +1)
Next Week: 2 @ Harpers Ferry Raiders, 4 vs Baltimore Barons
Power Ranking: 1 (138.0, +8)

Home: 7-6 | Away: 7-0
April: 14-6

Runs Scored: 84 (8th)
Avg: .225 (14th)
HR: 27 (3rd)
SB: 35 (2nd)
Runs Against: 91 (1st)
Starters ERA: 2.76 (1st)
Pen ERA: 2.08 (1st)
Def Eff: .747 (1st)

Top Performers:
Hitting: Steven Hodge: .400-2-5, 3 R, 5 G's
Pitching: Joe Hamrick: 2 GS, 2-0 1.69, 16 IP, 14 H, 4 K

Week 3:
Game 15: Ellicott City 2, Blue Crabs 4

Steven Hodge: 2-4, RBI
Andrew Guerin: 1-4, HR (2), R, RBI
Jimmy Dye: 3-4, 2B, 3B, 2 R, RBI
Joey Hamrick (1-2): 8.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, BB, 3 BB, 3 K
Tim Meyers (SV 4): 1.0 IP, 2 K
H: 9, LOB: 9

Game 16: Ellicott City 1, Blue Crabs 4
Andrew Guerin: 1-2, 3 R, 2 SB (14)
Marvin Garrett: 2-3, 2 RBI
Shawn Bell (3-0): 8.0 IP, 2 H, R, BB, 5 K
Tim Meyers (SV 5): 1.0 IP, K
H: 6, LOB: 8

Game 17: Ellicott City 1, Blue Crabs 3
Andrew Guerin: 3-4, RBI, 2 SB (16)
Steven Hodge: 2-4, RBI
Cesar Berau (2-1): 8.0 IP, 7 H, R, BB, 10 K
Tim Meyers (SV 6): 1.0 IP, K
H: 9, LOB: 11

Game 18: Blue Crabs 5, Ellicott City 0
Jon Huges: 1-4, HR (7), R, 2 RBI
Steven Hodge: 1-3, HR (4), R, 2 RBI
Alan Willis: 2-3, 2B, R, RBI
Aaron Mc Comb (2-1): 9.0 IP, 2 H, BB, 11 K
H: 7, LOB: 4

Game 19: Blue Crabs 3, Harpers Ferry 1 (12 Innings)
Andrew Guerin: 2-6, CS #1!
Alan Wills: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI
Steven Hodge: 1-4, HR (5), 2 R, RBI
Fred Rose (3-1): 11.2, 7 H, R, 2 BB, 5 K
Roberto Torres (SV 1): 0.1 IP, K
H: 6, LOB: 6

Game 20: Blue Crabs 5, Harpers Ferry 2
Jon Huges: 1-3, HR (8), R, 3 RBI
Derek Slaughter: 2-4, 3B, 2 R
Joey Hamrick (2-2): 8.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, BB, K
Tim Meyers (SV 7): 1.0 IP, K
H: 8, LOB: 4

Blue Crabs Roundup
Transactions:

SS/2B Juan Cruz cleared waivers and accepted his reasssignment to AAA.

Injuries:
In 6-days John Wood will begin his return from a torn flexor tendon in his elbow. What does this mean? It means our bullpen is going to get much better with a strong lefty reliever, and the worse of it all I will be stuck trying to make roster room! He has been out since August of last year, so he will be spending a few weeks in AAA. We will see how his return goes.

GM Notes:
Have to enjoy an undefeated week no matter when it occurs, the first week of the season, the last week of the season, it doesn't matter winning 5-7 games in a row is always a good feeling... now momentum wise we do hope we can do this again to finish out the season..

Based on his performance this week I'd say Joey Hamrick heard the rumblings that we werne't happy with him and figured last year was an anomoly season. I am still not 100% sold that he is off to win 15+ games again, but hey 2 solid starts makes me feel much better.

Now that our pitching seems to be moving full steam ahead it really is time of for our bats to start doing something as well. I have 1 player hitting over .275 and he is the highest hitting regular by 30 points. I am not going ot win many games with averages like:
Jose Agulia: .197, Steven Hodge: .189, Marvin Garret: .185.
Something has to give. Maybe it is time I tweak the lineup a little. I focused so much on the pitching this off-season because this team crushed the ball last year... now I am starting to wonder.

I am going ot mix things up. Shake the batting order up, do some odd things get people uncomfortable and hopefully this will spark them into hitting the ball. The first big update is you will see a lot more of Naofumi Ohayashi in the starting lineup...

We are playing well if we can start hitting better this season might be ours... then again, I have to remind myself it is April this is 162 games, not 60, a marathon, not a sprint, and all the other analogy's you can come up with. All it takes is one thing, one simple thing, that could be the difference between 90 wins and 80 wins...

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Matt Wallstreet, Port Penn Ducks: .857-2-2 (6 for 7).
MarVa: Takamuku Shibata, Norfolk Cavaliers: .400-3-11 (10-25), 6 R's

Power Rankings:
1) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (138.0)
2) Lewes Braves (138.0)
3) Washinton Senators (138.0)
4) King George Royals (131.0)
5) Norfol Cavaliers (125.0)

News:
Lewes Braves:
Lost power hitting 1B Ichizo Nii for the rest of the season with a broken bone in his elbow. Nii, last years DE Conf MVP, was off to a hot starting hitting .479-5-13 in his first 48 AB's.
Fruitland Ports: Will be with out SP Luis Ventura for 5-weeks with shoulder inflammation. Ventura was 1-2 1.59 in his first 4-starts this season. The 26-year-old won 17 games last year.
Annapolis Admirals: The old, oft-injured, veteran RP Ryan Gross has announced it is time to retire. Gross has pitched in 451 career games, amassing 2262.2 innings, while posting a record of 121-133 3.92. He won the Championship in 2031 with Dover and was the MVP of the DE Conference Championship round.
Washington Senators: Will be without OF Ambrose Gutierrez (.375-3-20) for 3-games. He was suspended for a recent altercation with an umpire.
Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs: Will be with out SP Pablo Garcia (1-3 7.17) for 4-5 months with a torn rotator cuff. Garcia was off to a slow start which had his manager wondering if something was wrong.

and the spin off:

Last edited by illeracula; 07-27-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:44 AM   #2251
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041: Week 4

Week 4
Current Week: 4-2 (18-8 .692, +1)
Next Week: 4 @ Martinsburg Mountaineers, 3 vs King George Royals
Power Ranking: 3 (129.6, -2)

Home: 9-8 | Away: 9-0
April: 18-8

Runs Scored: 120 (6th)
Avg: .239 (12th)
HR: 35 (t3rd)
SB: 48 (1st)
Runs Against: 84 (2nd)
Starters ERA: 2.70 (1st)
Pen ERA: 2.45 (3rd)
Def Eff: .727 (2nd)

Top Performers:
Hitting: Marvin Garrett: 6 G, .273-2-9, 6-22
Pitching: Shawn Bell: 2 GS, 1-0 1.20, 15.0 IP, 9 K

Pre-Week Thoughts:
Before the week started I tinkered with the lineup, knowing that defense was the top priority most the starters remained the same. Victor Santiago was moved to the bench in favor of Naofumi Ohayashi, but with a 3-game platoon. Santiago, also a left-fielder, would see some time out there as well. That was the biggest change, so for the most part it was just tweaking the line-up around moving Marvin Garrett to the #2 hole with Jon Hughes now hitting 3... We will see if that does anything. I have to get this lineup going if we expect to play well against the Mountaineers and Royals.

Week 4:
Game 21: Blue Crabs 6, Harpers Ferry 1

Alan Willis: 1-3, HR (2), R, 2 RBI
Steven Hodge: 2-3, R
Marvin Garrett: 1-4, 2 RBI
Shawn Bell (4-0): 7.0 IP, 9 H, R, 4 BB, 5 K
Roberto Torres (SV 2): 2.0 IP, 2 H, BB, K
H: 7, LOB: 6

Game 22: Blue Crabs 12, Harpers Ferry 4
Jose Rodriguez: 2-4, HR (3), 2 R, 3 RBI
Derek Slaughter: 1-5, HR (3), R, 2 RBI
Jon Hughes: 1-5, HR (9), R, 2 RBI
Weston Thomas: 2-4, 3B, 3 R
Cesaa Berau (3-1): 9.0 IP, 10 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
H: 12, LOB: 5

Game 23: Barons 7, Blue Crabs 9
Marvin Garrett: 1-4, HR (3), R, 4 RBI
Naofumi Ohayashi: 2-4, HR (2), R, 2 RBI
Jimmy Dye: 2-3, 2B, R, RBI
Aaron McComb (2-2): 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
Carlos Berrios: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, K
H: 11, LOB: 5

Game 24: Barons 3, Blue Crabs 4
Alan Willis: 1-4, GS-HR(3), R, 4 RBI
Fred Rose (4-1): 8.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 8 K
Tim Meyers (SV 8): 1.0 IP, 2 H
H: 5, LOB: 1

Game 25: Barons 2, Blue Crabs 4
Vince Santiago: 2-3, R, RBI
Derek Slaughter: 3-3
Jose Rodriguez: 3-3
Weston Thomas: 2-3, R
Joey Hamrick (3-2): 7.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 3 K
Tim Meyers (SV 9): 1.0 IP, BB
H: 14, LOB: 8

Game 26: Barons 4, Blue Crabs 3
Marvin Garrett: 1-4, HR (4), R, 2 RBI
Steven Hodge: 2-4, 2 2B, RBI
Shawn Bell: 8.0 IP, 7 H, R, 3 BB, 4 K
Tim Meyers (BS 1, 0-1): 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 BB, K
H: 7, LOB: 4

Blue Crabs Roundup
Transactions:

MR John Wood was sent to AAA Changwon for his rehab assignment after missing 8-months with a torn flexor tendon.

Injuries:
SP Joey Hamrick went Day to Day with Ashma but shouldn't miss a start.

GM Notes:
I am at a loss of what to see about this offense. I expected them to be a lot like last years, but it turns out they are either aging and forgetting how to hit or just slumping... Our top hitter (Victor Santiago) is hitting just .267, our best HR/RBI man, Jon Hughes, is hitting only .214, but at least showing power (9 HR) and driving in runs (23, 8 more then #2 on the team).

There are very few bright spots on this teams offense. Really, the only one has been Andrew Guerin, who moved in the lead-off slot this year. Guerin isn't hitting great .261, but he does have a .381 OBP and he has made the most of his time on base, stealing 21 bases in 22 attempts. He is on pase to steal over 130 bases this season. I don't think he will hit 100, but the all-time record of 80 (Pedro Galvan, 2017) is a possibility. Somethng I will be keeping an eye on as the season moves forward.

In the meantime I have to figure out a way to get the offense back up and running. Is it time to pull off a trade? Get a bat with someone who can hit for a high average? Do I have anyone worth trading? I have 5 pitchers in the top-100 prospects, but no position playres. However, I do have a couple of top system prospects that are crushign right now and it might be the 'right' time if I am desperate... I just don't think I am yet.

Having a team full of players without options really hurts flexibility... I just worry if we don't start hitting the Cavaliers, who are breathing down our necks @1 gm out, will be passing us soon.

Time to start focusing on the positive, our pitching... let them carry us until we get it going.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Patrick Coates (Milford Clippers): 9-20, 5 HR's, 9 RBI's
MarVa: Max Wallstreet (Norfolk Cavaliers): .524 avg, 11 hits, 4 HR's, 9 RBI's, 6 R's

Power Rankings:
1) King George Royals (139.5)
2) Martinsburg Mountaineers (135.6)
3) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (129.6)
4) Norfolk Cavaliers (122.7)
5) Chadds Ford Cannons (120.7)

News:
Lewes Braves
: Saw 33-year-old catcher Hector Pagan collect correct HR #300 this week. He becomes the 45th player in the DBL to hit #300 and currently ranks 9th as a catcher, 163 behind HOF'er Will Riley.
Ocean City Tourists: 1B Rodney Hunter didn't stay in the bigs long, but made the most of it while he was here, including a 3-HR performance during a 10-1 router over the Ports.
Martinsburg Mountaineers: Ulbrecht Gette hit 3-HR's during a 7-4 victory over the Admirals. Gette is going for his 3rd season in a row with 50+, he currently has 10 in his first 25 games.
Richmond Cardinals: SP Juan Carlos Maldonado has been shut-down for 9-months, effectively the rest of the season. Maldonado was struggling this year posting a 0-1 18.90 record.
Port Penn Ducks: Lost SP Carl Oulton for the year. Oulton will miss 12-months with a streteched elbow ligament. On the year the 31-year old was 1-3 5.10.
Baltimore Barons: Lost ace Jose Hernanez for 7-weeks with a strained biceps. Hernandez was 0-3 3.64 on the season.

Norfolk Cavaliers: MR Miguel Angel Gonzalez has decided to hang it up. The 40-year-old has only pitched in 3 games this season going 1-0 2.25 and has been regulated to mainly clean up duty, but what a career He had. Gozalez was only of my findings while in Norfolk and was always one of my favorites. I shifted him to bullpen duty in 2026 after an injury left me closerless (I think). It was tough call after an 18-8 3.25 record as a reliever. He currently #2 on the all-time save list with 542, behind Ed Yoder who has 585.

Time's Up: González to Retire: In the world of baseball, Miguel Angel González of the Norfolk Cavaliers said he feels "over the hill." So at age 40, the reliever has announced that he will call it a career at year's end. "There's always someone younger coming up behind you and in my case there aren't really any people older, so it's time to get out," he said. During his career González has made 1000 relief appearances and converted 542 saves. His record stands at 101-95 with a 2.98 ERA.

and the spin off:

Old 08-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #2252
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

April 2041 - Review

Players of the Month - April 2041

Delaware Conference
DE Conf Announces Outstanding Batter Award: Seasoned by several years of professional experience, 26-year-old Patrick Coates put together a solid offensive month for Milford and was crowned April's top batter in the Delaware Conference. He batted .375 with 12 home runs, 23 RBIs and 24 runs scored.

DE Conf's Best Starter is Vanciny: Veteran Scott Vanciny put together quite a successful stretch in April for the Lewes Braves, earning himself the Delaware Conference Pitcher of the Month award. Vanciny racked up a 4-1 record in 6 starts, posting a 2.36 ERA over 49.2 innings and striking out 65.

Santos Snags Rookie of Month Trophy: The premier Delaware Conference rookie in April was Harrington's right fielder Anastasio Santos. Last month, he played in 28 games and hit .252 with 2 doubles, 2 triples, and 10 home runs. Santos also scored 17 times and drove in 28 runs.

MarVa Conference
Wallstreet Wins MV Conf's Best Bat Trophy: A hot-hitting Maxmillion Wallstreet punished MV Conf pitchers in April, hitting .379 in 27 games while racking up 12 home runs, 21 RBIs and 22 runs scored. With those numbers it came as no surprise that Norfolk's 26-year-old left fielder earned MarVa Conference Batter of the Month honors.

Duncan Takes MV Conf #1 Pitcher Trophy: Hugh Duncan's been around the league long enough to appreciate the honor he received today. After going 6-0 in April, the 26-year-old Martinsburg hurler has been named MarVa Conference Pitcher of the Month. He fanned 58 in 49.1 innings, logged an ERA of 1.28 and allowed opponents to hit .204 against him.

MarVa Conference Names Rookie of Month: Júlio Salinas is still a bit shy, but then, who could blame the newest MarVa Conference Rookie of the Month honoree? He hasn't been around the league long enough to fully know the ropes yet, despite the fact that he's putting up veteran-like numbers. In April the Virginia Beach hitter tagged opposing pitching for a .265 average with 26 hits, 5 home runs and 11 RBIs.

Standings - May 1, 2041

Delaware Conference
Colonial Division: Dover Generals/Milford Clippers: 15-13 .536 (+1)
Northern Division: Chadds Ford Cannons: 17-11 .607 (+2)
Atlantic Division: Lewes Braves: 18-10 .643 (+1)

Wild Cards:
Georgetown Sixteens (DEA): 17-11 .607 (+2)
3 teams tied: 15-13 (+1)

MarVa Conference
Beltway Division: Washington Senators: 17-11 .607 (+4)
Mountain Division: Martinsburg Mountaineers: 20-8 .714 (+1)
Coastal Division: Chespeake Blue Crabs: 18-10 .643 (+1)

Wild Cards:
King George Royals: 19-9 .679 (+3)
Norfolk Cavaliers: 17-11 .607 (+1)

League Leaders - May 1, 2041

Delaware Conference Leaders:
Average: Naoaki Okubo, Georgetown Sixteens: .404
HR: Patrick Coates, Milford Clippers: 12
RBI: Anastasio Santos, Harrington Ponies: 28
R: Patrick Coates, Milford Clippers: 24
SB: Mookie Wallstreet, Christiana Blue Hens; 18
WAR: Patrick Coates, Milford Clippers: 2.6

ERA: Jose Santos, Chadds Ford Cannons: 1.54
W: Nobukazu Higashi, Milford Clippers: 5
K's: Scott Vanciny, Lewes Braves: 65
SV: Sergio Gallegos, Dover Generals: 11
WAR: Jose Santos, Chadds Ford Cannons: 1.8

MarVa Conference Leaders:
Average: Max Wallstreet, Norfolk Cavaliers: .379
HR: Max Wallstreet, Norfolk Cavaliers: 12
RBI: Ulbrecht Gette, Martinsburg Mountaineers: 25
R: Tyrone Jackson, Martinsburg Mountaineers: 28
SB: Andrew Guerin, Chesapeake Blue Crabs: 21
WAR: Max Wallstreet, Norfolk Cavaliers: 2.4

ERA: Hugh Duncan, Martinsburg Mountaineers: 1.28
W: Hugh Duncan, Martinsburg Mountaineers: 6
K's: Hugh Duncan, Martinsburg Mountaineers: 58
SV: Eddy Stephens, Martinsburg Mountaineers: 11
WAR: Hugh Duncan, Martinsburg Mountaineers: 3.4

and the spin off:

Last edited by illeracula; 08-06-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #2253
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

2041: Week 5

Week 5
Current Week: 4-2 (18-8 .692, +1)
Next Week: 1 vs King George Royals, 4 @ Washington Senators, 1 vs Annapolis Admirals
Power Ranking: 3 (129.6, -2)

Home: 12-8 | Away: 10-3
April: 18-10 | May: 4-1

Runs Scored: 151 (5th)
Avg: .240 (12th)
HR: 40 (4th)
SB: 56 (1st)
Runs Against: 109 (1st)
Starters ERA: 2.86 (2nd)
Pen ERA: 2.44 (1st)
Def Eff: .730 (1st)

Top Performers:
Hitting: Marvin Garrett: 7-18, .389-1-4, 5 R, .977 OPS
Pitching: Cesar Berau: 2 GS, 1-1 1.13, 16.0 IP, 9 H, 14 K

Week 5:
Game 27: Blue Crabs 1, Martinsburg 3

Jimmy Dye: 2-4, 2B
Cesar Berau (3-2): 8.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
H: 5, LOB: 10

Game 28: Blue Crabs 4, Martinsburg 5
Jose Rodriguez: 1-4, 2B
Marvin Garrett: 2-5, R, RBI
Aaron McComb: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Carlos Berriors (0-1, BS 1): 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, K
H: 9, LOB: 6

Game 29: Blue Crabs 8, Martinsburg 10
Weston Thomas: 2-5, 2B, 3B, 2 R, 2 RBI
Derek Slaughter: 3-5, 2 R
Jon Hughes: 2-3, 2B, R, RBI
Fred Rose (4-2): 6.2 IP, 10 H, 8 R, 2 BB, 3 K
H: 14, LOB: 7

Game 30: Blue Crabs 4, Martinsburg 1
Jimmy Dye: 2-4, 2B, HR (2), R, RBI
Steven Hodge: 1-3, 2B, R, RBI
Joey Hamric: 1.2 IP, H, R, 2 BB, 2 K
Jose Ruiz (1-0): 4.1 IP, H, 3 BB
Tim Meyers (SV 10): 1.0 IP, H, K
H: 10, LOB: 7

Game 31: King George 2, Blue Crabs 6
Marvin Garrett: 2-4, HR (5), 2 R, RBI
Jose Rodriguez: 1-4, HR (4), R, 3 RBI
Shawn Bell (5-0): 9.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, BB, 8 K
H: 6, LOB: 4

Game 32: King George 4, Blue Crabs 7
Victor Santiago: 1-3, HR (2), 2 R, 2 RBI
Jon Hughes: 2-4, HR (10), R, 3 RBI
Donald Bender: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 BB, 7 K
Tim Meyers (1-1): 1.0 IP, H, BB, K
H: 8, LOB: 3

Game 33: King George 0, Blue Crabs 1
Naofumi Ohayashi: 0-2, SF, RBI
Marvin Garrett: 1-4, R
Cesar Berau (4-2): 8.0 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 7 K
Tim Meyers (SV 11): 1.0 IP, H
H: 4, LOB: 3

Blue Crabs Roundup
Transactions:
Placed SP Aaron McComb on the 11-day DL
Purchased the contract of MR Tom Schmidt from AAA. Schmidt was 1-1 2.70 with 5 saves in 9 games. There are questions regarding his control, but he has two deadly pitches.

One reason Schmidt was called up was because he has some options left and when McComb is better I will need to send someone down. For the time being Wood will remain on rehab in AAA. Wood allowed 5 runs in one inning during his first rehab start.

Injuries:
SP Aaron McComb has a sprained ankle and is listed day to day for 2-weeks. Due to his 'fragile' state and the earliness of the season, I have placed him on the 11-day DL.

GM Notes:
This week showed off our weakness against stronger teams like the Mountaineers. The way we are hitting we just can't compete with teams like that. We need to get something going on the offensive side. I am happy with the defense and the pitching we just aren't getting enough people on base and that is our key for a title this year. The season is still early so I am not panicking yet, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't planning on our next move.

The first month of the season has been a great success and our pitching looks solid. We have suffered a couple of minor injuries, but our guys keep on keepin on. We have a depth in AAA, but we are missing guys with "options" which makes our flexibility a little tougher.

I have kept Leo O'Connor on waivers and keep trying to DFA him, but he isn't having it. He hasn't aged well and is far off from his .299 season just 2 seasons ago. Derek Slaughter has been playing well at SS and looks to be winning the full-time job so I really have no spot of O'Connor and he is still costs too much to release.

The team seems to be playing well, but I still think we have a lot more to give! We will see how the next 100+ games pan out... our biggest problem is our depth so we have to be healthy to compete. I should have done some more research before I jumped on to sign this team.

Sorry for the delay have a couple of big projects at work, which hopefully, will be winding down soon...

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Anibal Corona, Seaford Blue Jays: .407, 11-27, 4 HR, 11 RBI's
MarVa: Ulbrecht Gette, Martinsburg Mountaineers: .393, 11-28, 5 HR's, 8 RBI's, 9 R's

Power Rankings:
1) Martinsburg Mountaineers (141.9)
2) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (126.0)
3) Lewes Braves (124.0)
4) New Castle Colonials (114.6)
5) Georgetown Sixteens (112.1)

News:
Georgetown Sixteens:
SP Artie Bright threw the first no-hitter of 2041. A 9-inning, 6 K, and 2 BB performance against the Newark Millers. There was only 1 no-hitter in 2040 and 0 in 2039. In 2028 the DBL saw two pitches (Fernando Fareles, Narcissus Kondylis) throw 2 in the same season, with 140 games to go can Artie Bright duplicate that feat?
Lewes Braves: SS Winston Davis hit HR #300 of his career. The 33 year-old has 300 HR's, 808 RBI's, 665 R's and 1225 hits during his career.
Annapolis Admirals: SP Chris Brock will miss 3-4 weeks with elbow tendinitits. Brock is 2-1 1.90 on the season.
Milford Clippers: MR Alfonso Andrade is out 2-3 months with a strained hamstring. Andrade was 1-0 0.77 in 9 games this year.

and the spin off: