Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-29-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb Tournaments - Development Update & Beta Info

It's LIVE!
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308187

Update, Nov 11, 5:30 AM ET: OK, we are now updating the servers. This will take around 2 hours (you will not be able to log in!) and then we'll release the 20.7.68 patch which is required to get back into PT and also to play tournaments!

Update Nov 8: OK guys. We're on pace to launch the 20.7 patch along with the start of the public beta of PT Tournaments on Monday morning, Nov 11

Update Nov 2: We are still working to fix some issues during the private beta and also want to add the ability to set rosters immediately after signing up for a tournament (instead of having to wait that it starts), as this will significantly improve the usability of the feature This will take a bit, so we won't start the public beta on Nov 4 but rather target Nov 11 now.

OK guys, a few hours late, but anyway, here's a bigger update.

So, good news in fact. Company internal beta testing went well, we worked hard through the entire weekend fixing bugs and completing features and will now start closed beta testing with our regular beta team today!

Now, the timeline below is not a promise, but it's what we are working with internally, and since the whole introduction of PT tournaments will have to be done in two stages, it makes sense to let you know how it will unfold.

So, once closed beta testing is concluded (best case scenario: Monday Nov 4), we will roll out a regular public OOTP 20 patch (version 20.7.xx), which has to happen on a Monday because on the same day we need to update the PT servers for the new league cycle, too. The patch will be a required patch, meaning that with the current version (20.6.55) you will no longer be able to access PT once we have updated the server. This 20.7 patch will contain the tournament feature which will still be officially in beta state, meaning there will most likely be bugs, which can also affect main PT play. So, if we have a bit of bad luck we may have to release a hotfix patch soon after releasing 20.7. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to test the patch in the live server environment prior to launching it publicly because, as mentioned, we also have to update the live servers. Currently the closed beta works on our preview servers, but it's unable to access the live servers at the same time.

OK, so 20.7 will have the tournament in beta mode and we'll collect your feedback and fix the last remaining bugs & add tweaks to functionality as you desire. We think this will take 7 or 14 days.

Then, once all is well and we are happy with the state of the tournaments feature, we will roll out another patch (version 20.8), which will again be released on a Monday and required to log into PT as we will most likely have to update the servers again.

Here's the timeline in summary (estimated, not promised ):
Today (Oct 29) -> Start of beta testing
November 4 or 11 -> Release of required 20.7 patch with tournaments enabled as beta feature
7 or 14 days later -> Release of required 20.8 patch with tournaments as officially launched feature

Oh, and we haven't been busy just on tournaments. Here's the complete changelist for the upcoming 20.7 patch:

- Pitching strategies hidden for teams you cannot control
- Fixed issue where in some cases IAFA offers were prevented if over salary cap
- Fixed situation where importing a template could wipe player history
- Fixed display bug during off-season of historical players' season age
- Fixed service time issues in live start leagues. Fixed modifier issue when live start league advances to 2020
- Fixed Steam Achievement trigger for 50+ game hit streak
- Enable button to copy camera view to all parks in 3D ballpark editor
- Improved 3D for groundball doubles, fielders holding ball on runners taking extra bases
- Adjusted rule 5 return logic (players on min deals will shift to minor league deal)
- Fixed association playoffs not starting if top league has playoffs disabled
- Fixed AI waiver claim issues (should improve claim and release issues)
- Fixed bug in AI valuation of vesting options
- Fixed *** Compensation removing money from both sides
- Fixed positioning of player & team popups
- Fixed various playoff seeding issues
- PT: Added new pack opening animation- INSTANT!
- PT: 3d animation setting now also applies to pack opening speed
- PT: Reduced loading times between packs in pack opening screen and increased performance of card image downloads in general
- PT: Added confirmation to quick-sell from auction dialog (gold+ cards or if data has been entered in starting price/buy it now)
- PT: Improved performance on inactive roster page
- PT: locked cards automatically selected to submit when completing missions
- PT: space bar opens the next pack when viewing pack open animations
- Several other small bug fixes and crash fixes

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-11-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
- PT: Improved performance on inactive roster page
- PT: locked cards automatically selected to submit when completing missions
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:17 AM   #3
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to see additional pitching strategies for teams you do control. Specifically, always use highest rested reliever first (where no role is specified.)
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
klcs77
Bat Boy

Love to see all the hard work coming to an end I am sure everyone involved is going to need rolling half days well earned for sure hope yall get a little breather before its back to the grind for 21
Attached Images

Last edited by klcs77; 10-29-2019 at 10:24 AM.
klcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by klcs77 View Post
Love to see all the hard work coming to an end I am sure everyone involved is going to need rolling half days well earned for sure hope yall get a little breather before its back to the grind for 21
Yes, no ****. Many of our team have worked for many months straight, without much of a break. But hey, we still love our job and do this because it's a lot of fun, and we hope you guys will enjoy the results of this hard work.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:49 AM   #7
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
The improved performance when dealing with inactive cards is a huge quality of life improvement for me...game changer!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Wow, this is a lot more information than I was expecting in this update. This level of transparency is greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
The improved performance when dealing with inactive cards is a huge quality of life improvement for me...game changer!
I was thinking the same thing.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #9
realhotsnow
Minors (Rookie Ball)

yay!
realhotsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:35 AM   #10
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

PT: Added confirmation to quick-sell from auction dialog (gold+ cards or if data has been entered in starting price/buy it now)

Oh Thank GOD for this. I have lost enough PP this week to be welcome this fix with open arms!

Mine is probably different than anyone else's problems with the wide white quicksell button on each auction players page.

Mine is due to a funky, annoying gaming mouse that sometimes double clicks on left mouse clicks. Soo......

If I put in my auction price, and unfortunately selected the 6 Hour Choice which on my monitor is directly over the wide wide button location on the page so it would select the 6 hours then the double click would come and the mouse pointer being directly over the underlying button would click and sell the card for 4000.

Thankfully I figured out what was happening after 2 cards got quick sold for appx 50,000 less than I could have fetched at fair market.

I have a work around for my problem, don't select the 6 hour auction time frame! LOL

Last edited by webdox; 10-31-2019 at 09:24 AM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:35 PM   #11
bphilb
Minors (Single A)

Great update. This is an exciting addition to the game.

bphilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #12
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Definitely great news to hear. Really looking forward to tournaments. Any update on how things are going with the closed beta? Any major issues that have been encountered?
Old 11-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #13
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

I stopped buying packs... I'm very excited!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #14
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

A little update: We are still working to fix some issues during the private beta and also want to add the ability to set rosters immediately after signing up for a tournament (instead of having to wait that it starts), as this will significantly improve the usability of the feature This will take a bit, so we won't start the public beta on Nov 4 but rather target Nov 11 now.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-02-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #15
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

I want it to be Nov 11th rn

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #16
neugey
All Star Reserve

IMO it's worth waiting an extra week. Being able to set your roster sooner rather than later is vital.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
IMO it's worth waiting an extra week. Being able to set your roster sooner rather than later is vital.
Yes. Our team pushed hard for it, and I had to agree that they were right in the end, haha
Old 11-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #18
UDRays
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will tournaments have park factors or all be played in neutral parks?
UDRays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #19
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

That is exactly the big question I want to know the answer to. Are ballpark factors a thing I can change for tournaments? Can I have different ballpark factors for all 3 tournaments that I am in at the same time? Do I have the ability to change ballpark factors or are they exactly what I have set on my current team?
Old 11-02-2019, 05:12 PM   #20
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
A little update: We are still working to fix some issues during the private beta and also want to add the ability to set rosters immediately after signing up for a tournament (instead of having to wait that it starts), as this will significantly improve the usability of the feature This will take a bit, so we won't start the public beta on Nov 4 but rather target Nov 11 now.
Thank you very much for both the update and the hard work everyone is putting into this new game mechanic. Please know that it is all very much appreciated.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote