Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:15 AM   #541
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Well, it's pretty clear the top 4 teams in the NFL are the Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks, and 49ers, not necessarily in that order. The question is just which order.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #542
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Well, it's pretty clear the top 4 teams in the NFL are the Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks, and 49ers, not necessarily in that order. The question is just which order.
Too early to write off the Saints imo. The Seahawks have Russ playing at MVP level but now Lockett is hurt, that line is up and down, and the defense can only go as far as the pass rush can carry it on any given day. The Saints have a great roster, unfortunately they're prone to laying an egg or two every season.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #543
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Packers too. Aaron Rodgers can just end up winning any game on his own.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #544
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Not saying there aren't other good teams, but the top 4 seems to have the edge over everyone else.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #545
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Packers too. Aaron Rodgers can just end up winning any game on his own.
I agree with the Packers but not the Rodgers part. The Packers may be good enough this season to compete with the best. But besides 2010 when the Packers had a top 5 defense, Rodgers has no history of winning games on his own in the playoffs. He's been outright stomped, and in a few cases lost when favored to win. If the Packers don't match up evenly or favorably against their opponent, it's good night.

Last edited by Ragnar; 11-12-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #546
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

This is also his first year without one of the worst coaches of all time in charge of things. Remember when fat mike kicked two 18 yard field goals in seattle?

Rodgers has the fifth highest postseason passer rating ever and a postseason any/a more than a half yard better than Brady for comparison. You obviously can't tell the whole story with just one or two stats but they all say he's been pretty damn good.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #547
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is also his first year without one of the worst coaches of all time in charge of things. Remember when fat mike kicked two 18 yard field goals in seattle?

Rodgers has the fifth highest postseason passer rating ever and a postseason any/a more than a half yard better than Brady for comparison. You obviously can't tell the whole story with just one or two stats but they all say he's been pretty damn good.
Dude, Brady has been to 9 Super Bowls. I don't care what stats say. Stats are considered one of the greatest 3 lies. Don't go by them.

Rodgers 15-1 team lost at home in the playoffs to the 9-7 Giants. The Packers lost every game they played against the Alex Smith/Kaepernick 49ers both regular season and playoffs. Rodgers was absolutely obliterated by the 2016 Falcons. The dude is a really good QB but he's no magic man. He'll probably get stomped into the dirt this year too. I don't consider him any better than Tony Romo even though he had much better teams. Neither are going to be HOF.

Last edited by Ragnar; 11-12-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #548
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Dude, Brady has been to 9 Super Bowls. I don't care what stats say. Stats are considered one of the greatest 3 lies. Don't go by them.

Rodgers 15-1 team lost at home in the playoffs to the 9-7 Giants. The Packers lost every game they played against the Alex Smith/Kaepernick 49ers both regular season and playoffs. Rodgers was absolutely obliterated by the 2016 Falcons. The dude is a really good QB but he's no magic man. He'll probably get stomped into the dirt this year too. I don't consider him any better than Tony Romo even though he had much better teams. Neither are going to be HOF.
That is the dumbest thing I've read today. Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by low; 11-12-2019 at 07:38 PM.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #549
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

lol ok buddy. For a second I thought you were actually trying to discuss football, my bad.

Clearly Rodgers sucks because Matt Ryan threw for 392 yards/4 TDs in three quarters and the Packers lost as 6.5 point underdogs, but Brady has magical powers and gets all the credit for his team winning a super bowl despite scoring just 13 points.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-12-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:54 PM   #550
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
lol ok buddy. For a second I thought you were actually trying to discuss football, my bad.

Clearly Rodgers sucks because Matt Ryan threw for 392 yards/4 TDs in three quarters and the Packers lost as 6.5 point underdogs, but Brady has magical powers and gets all the credit for his team winning a super bowl despite scoring just 13 points.
Dude said Aaron Rodgers is on the same level as TONY ROMO. I'm rolling.
campinginalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #551
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
I missed the start of the Browns game last night but by all accounts Kareem Hunt got a good reception, that got me thinking of AB and comments on here. Now there different stories as theres no proof if AB did something but there is with Hunt. So I'm thinking what would it take for you to stop following your favourite NFL team, what would your reaction be if you were a Browns fan?

Personally I'd think twice about being a Browns fan, probably leaving myself open as I all Packers players wont be angels.
Hunt kicked a woman who called him the n-word and other racial slurs. AB supposedly sexually assaulted a woman. There is a reason Hunt gets away with a small 6 game ban and thats cause they were trying to basically apologize to him and not be seen as supporting a racist woman.

What would it take to stop following my favorite NFL team? Well I didn't follow the Oilers to Tennessee so I think relocation would do it, lol.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #552
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Everyone still dismissing my QB. Deshaun deserves to be in that top 3 MVP talk in my opinion, Lamar is kind of overhyped.

Houston always treated like a small market franchise though, probably cause of the stranglehold the Cowboys have over Texas, though to be fair, I'm in San Antonio right now and theres a lot of Houston jerseys on gameday.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:41 AM   #553
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is what started the conversation..

"Packers too. Aaron Rodgers can just end up winning any game on his own."

I just flatly deny the above. But if you're going to say that, then don't talk about being 6.5 dogs, after all, he can win just about any game by himself. Which of course is not true. At least not in the playoffs. So I'll hold off on crowning him.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:02 AM   #554
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Week 10
LAC@OAK(-1) Pick: LAC loss 0-1
DET@CHI(-2.5) Pick: DET loss 0-2
BAL(-10)@CIN Pick: BAL win 1-2
BUF@CLE(-2.5) PICK: BUF loss 1-3
ATL@NO(-12.5) PICK: NO loss 1-4
NYG(-2)@NYJ Pick: NYG loss 1-5
ARI@TB(-4) Pick:TB loss 1-6
KC(-3.5)@TEN Pick: KC loss 1-7
MIA@IND(-10) PIck: IND loss 1-8
CAR@GB(-5) PICK: CAR won 2-8
LAR@PIT(-3.5) PICK: LAR loss 2-9
MIN@DAL(-3) PICK: DAL loss 2-10
SEA@SF(-6) PICK: SEA won 3-10

Week 1: 6-7 Week 2: 7-9 Week 3: 11-4 Week 4: 8-7 Week 5: 7-8 Week 6: 8-6 Week 7: 9-5 Week 8: 11-4 Week 9: 6-7 Week 10: 3-10 Total: 76-67(53.1%)

my first really bad week, oh well, you can't win them all...

Week 11
PIT@CLE(-3) Pick: PIT
DAL(-4)@DET PICK: DAL
JAX@IND(-3) PICK: JAX
BUF(-6.)@MIA Pick: BUF
DEN@MIN(-10.5) PickEN
NO(-5.5)@TB Pick: TB
NYJ@WAS(-1.5) PICK: NYJ
ATL@CAR(-5.5) PICK: CAR
HOU@BAL(-4) PICK: BAL
ARI@SF(-11) Pick: ARI
CIN@OAK(-10.5) PICK: OAK
NE(-3.5)@PHI PICK: NE
CHI@LAR(-6.5) PICK: CHI
KC(-3.5)@LAC PICK: KC
Old 11-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #555
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Everyone still dismissing my QB. Deshaun deserves to be in that top 3 MVP talk in my opinion, Lamar is kind of overhyped.
To me this guy is under rated. I was down on him for awhile, but he proved me completely wrong. This guy is an elite talent at his position. He carries that team despite his offensive line. Not many QBs can do that.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:54 AM   #556
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

See you in 2020 Myles Garrett
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:15 AM   #557
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

You know you've screwed up when your coaches & teammates are upset with you in the post game media conference & all say you should be suspended.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-15-2019, 01:17 AM   #558
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
What a **** show of a game. Cleveland already had a player ejected. The referees lost control of that game and it got very ugly.
Not the look the NFL was needing right now.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:22 AM   #559
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
What a **** show of a game. Cleveland already had a player ejected. The referees lost control of that game and it got very ugly.
Not the look the NFL was needing right now.
I was too busy watching the Tar Heels disappoint me again. SMH

I watched the better game. But saw Myles Garrett lose it on SC afterward.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-15-2019, 03:05 AM   #560
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

There was something up with Myles Garrett to begin with. Even after the QB released the ball he threw the QB to the ground. Did he just figure he could do that since the game was over anyway? Or was he pissed off for some reason or another? Did he start Mason Rudolph on his fantasy team? That could be the reason for the helmet swing.