Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
sloanzone
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1995 MLB replacement season started

Finally, using OOTP 20, I have started the 1995 MLB replacement season that would have taken place had the courts not stopped it and brought the real players back. I am using the original 162-game 1995 schedule, and as accurate of rosters as possible. In some instances, where the team's 32-man roster wasn't announced prior to the end of the strike, I filled in where possible based on newspaper stories at the time.

The first game would have been on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball - 4/2, Mets at Marlins.

METS 9, MARLINS 5 - The Replace-Mets used two solo Derek Lee (not a replacement, I added him because the Mets needed players, and he was reported a possibility in the days leading up) home runs and six Marlin unearned runs to win the 1995 season opener.

Lee was 3-for-4 with the two homers, two RBIs and four runs scored; second baseman Edwin Alicea, acquired in a trade from the Los Angeles Dodgers prior to the game, was 3-for-5 with a double; and veteran right-hander Bob Stoddard (1-0) allowed five hits, three runs (two earned) and a walk and struck out one in five innings.

For Florida, first baseman Rick Lancelotti drove in three runs, while right fielder Rob Katzaroff was 3-for-4 and scored twice. Right-hander Marty Clary (0-1) yielded five hits, four runs (all unearned) and a walk and whiffed three in 3 2/3 frames.

The two teams combined for five errors.
sloanzone is offline   Reply With Quote