Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-09-2019, 05:41 AM   #1
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Whats your routine between games during the season?

Once I have set up the tactics, lines, training and so on at the beginning of the season I often find myself just simming through a lot of stretches of the season without adjusting much apart from replacing some injured players and the occasional sent down/call up.

Been like that for years with FHM, for me once I got the ship going I don't find much to do for myself.

So I'm wondering how it works for you guys, what are you doing in-between games on a regular basis?
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I check the stats, but other than that I really only care about getting to the draft and FA. If I feel the urge to actually play a game, I'll hop on console and play a game of EA NHL. However, that's a big reason I switched to FHM, because building the team is more interesting to me than actually playing. Seeing the results from the changes I've made to the team.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome View Post
Once I have set up the tactics, lines, training and so on at the beginning of the season I often find myself just simming through a lot of stretches of the season without adjusting much apart from replacing some injured players and the occasional sent down/call up.

Been like that for years with FHM, for me once I got the ship going I don't find much to do for myself.

So I'm wondering how it works for you guys, what are you doing in-between games on a regular basis?
Between the games? Not too much, Mostly reading the "reaction to the trade offer: NO WAY" messages
I'm a play-out-games kind of player, so I like to set tactics, and the likes, to win games through coaching. With mixed results.
I do check my AHL team if I play in the NHL, or the VHL for the KHL, to figure out my next call-ups.
I don't trade often, mostly because I'm not huge on trades - I prefer building on chemistry, drafts and UFAs, but also because trading is a very frustrating experience for me in the game, I can never, for the love of god, figure out what I should do to get a trade accepted, since the only reply we get is "NO WAY". But that's me, I'm always reluctant to trade, because I don't like exchanging pieces of my roster (except for emergency situations) to create a new hole while plugging another. And not always can I sacrifice a, for example, young player or a draft pick to acquire another player.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Between the games? Not too much, Mostly reading the "reaction to the trade offer: NO WAY" messages
I'm a play-out-games kind of player, so I like to set tactics, and the likes, to win games through coaching. With mixed results.
I do check my AHL team if I play in the NHL, or the VHL for the KHL, to figure out my next call-ups.
I don't trade often, mostly because I'm not huge on trades - I prefer building on chemistry, drafts and UFAs, but also because trading is a very frustrating experience for me in the game, I can never, for the love of god, figure out what I should do to get a trade accepted, since the only reply we get is "NO WAY". But that's me, I'm always reluctant to trade, because I don't like exchanging pieces of my roster (except for emergency situations) to create a new hole while plugging another. And not always can I sacrifice a, for example, young player or a draft pick to acquire another player.
I build my teams the exact same way and if I do make any trades, it's from putting players on the trade block or shopping a player and seeing what the AI will offer me. Trades otherwise are frustrating as you said, due to the lack of feedback from the AI. I'm hoping they add something in FHM 7 that shows what each team wants and doesn't want in terms of potential trades.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:27 PM   #5
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

I wish we would get more feedback on what's working on the ice and what isn't. Maybe some player interaction as well.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #6
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome View Post
I wish we would get more feedback on what's working on the ice and what isn't. Maybe some player interaction as well.
I go by game ratings and stats. If players have poor stats or the team isn't doing well in a statistical category, then I'll make adjustments accordingly. If most of the team has low game ratings more often than not, then I'll look into changing tactics. It is a stat driven game after all.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #7
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
I go by game ratings and stats. If players have poor stats or the team isn't doing well in a statistical category, then I'll make adjustments accordingly. If most of the team has low game ratings more often than not, then I'll look into changing tactics. It is a stat driven game after all.
Also trying that, would love some feedback though which would need slightly earlier than the stats are starting to reflect those changes I made.