Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #221
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Seamheads seems to have several different pieces of information on Melvin Coleman (colema000mel) from what is on the database. DoB is listed as 1911-01-01, place of birth is Charlotte, NC, plus nicknames.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #222
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
The birth towns of two Hall of Famers, Ty Cobb and Walter Johnson, are incorrect. Cobb is listed as being born in Narrows, VA and Johnson in Humboldt, TN when in reality Cobb was born in Narrows GA and Johnson in Humboldt KS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
the problem stems from the world.dat file. there are thousands of unincluded cities that birthed mlb players and even more if minor league players are included

this is not fixable
I added Narrows, GA to the world db now. However Humbolt, Kansas was already in the world db. So the issue there is likely an incorrect link to the wrong Humbolt in the historical db file, not a missing city in the world db itself.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:39 AM   #223
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I added Narrows, GA to the world db now. However Humbolt, Kansas was already in the world db. So the issue there is likely an incorrect link to the wrong Humbolt in the historical db file, not a missing city in the world db itself.
the historical db contains no links to nothing no how , just city names and state abbrevs.
it is HUMBOLDT, KS btw. you forgot a letter in the world file.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:03 AM   #224
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
the historical db contains no links to nothing no how , just city names and state abbrevs.
it is HUMBOLDT, KS btw. you forgot a letter in the world file.
Not exactly following you here, sorry. Probably my bad, need more coffee.

As far as I can see, Humboldt is spelled correctly in the world db, I double checked and in fact just copied the name from the db and pasted it earlier in this paragraph. So if it's right there, it's right in the world db now. If not, then we can fix it.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #225
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:

As far as I can see, Humboldt is spelled correctly in the world db, I double checked and in fact just copied the name from the db and pasted it earlier in this paragraph. So if it's right there, it's right in the world db now. If not, then we can fix it.
it is Humboldt, ks in the database, I don't have an xml reader so I do not know what is in the whirled.dat file.

if it doesn't work I would not know why.

in your earlier note you spelled it humbolt.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:20 PM   #226
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

It isn't about the spelling. The over-arching problem is that the game picks up the CITY name from the database, but for some reason does not pick up the STATE. Thus, for instance, everyone with a birthplace of Pasadena (whether the state field contains CA, TX, or anything), they are ALWAYS assigned Pasadena, TX as their birthplace in the game. Whether or not Narrows, GA is actually in world.dat is irrelevant, because the game will still assign Narrows, VA to Cobb (or perhaps will start assigning Narrows, GA to all the ballplayers actually from Narrows, VA -- not sure which).
Old 10-31-2019, 12:59 AM   #227
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

spelling is an issue as are missing cities and ignoring state and probably country designations.

historical should have the world file either updated or ignored.

all would be well if the city and state simply came from the master.csv's without mucking around with the woefully incomplete world file.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:05 AM   #228
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
spelling is an issue as are missing cities and ignoring state and probably country designations.

historical should have the world file either updated or ignored.

all would be well if the city and state simply came from the master.csv's without mucking around with the woefully incomplete world file.
Remind me to talk to Markus about this during beta for 21. Maybe we can figure out a better way to work this.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:32 PM   #229
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Missing cities are actually a pretty minor issue for the US, as world.dat has 99% of the cities over 1,000 population now (and adding the ones under that would triple the size of the file). I can't speak to the rest of it because I've been using my own modified world.dat since v18, so perhaps the woeful state of non-US countries has been / is being addressed.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:49 PM   #230
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewelar View Post
Seamheads seems to have several different pieces of information on Melvin Coleman (colema000mel) from what is on the database. DoB is listed as 1911-01-01, place of birth is Charlotte, NC, plus nicknames.
Changed
Old 10-31-2019, 04:00 PM   #231
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

the cities included in the world file do not reflect city names in use in the 1870's it only contains current 2019 cities plus there were only 30 some states back then not 50, and thousands of birthplaces simply return an unknown designation even though they exist in the historical files. if this can be fixed without limitations that will be great.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:51 PM   #232
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Ah, yes, wasn't thinking about more distantly historical issues. The boroughs of New York are probably the most common problem here.

If (hoping against hope) it ever makes it into the game, Japan will have it even worse. Japanese cities have gone through large numbers of reorganizations over the years, whether it be merging smaller towns into larger agglomerated cities, or splitting cities into several pieces, or moving them from one prefecture to another. When I import a historical Japanese player from the old HS database, I often wind up having to go to Japanese Wikipedia to figure out where the player is actually from in terms of what the listed city is called now, or what city it's been merged into.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:38 AM   #233
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

When was the DB last updated in the game? The player strikeouts are still incorrect in the game. I just imported Ty Cobb and his strikeouts are incorrect.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:08 PM   #234
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
When was the DB last updated in the game? February or march as I recall The player strikeouts are still incorrect in the game. I just imported Ty Cobb and his strikeouts are incorrect.
this is on the list for ootp 21, the data needs to be downloaded before any update can occur, the downloader person who downloads data is most likely busy with other tasks but I have not actually checked this out. keep in mind that these updates are done by volunteers who voluntarily volunteer, a few of whom even have real lives with wives and kids and dogs and even the occasional cat. ootp has no full-time paid historical employees that I am aware of.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:47 PM   #235
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

I am playing an historical single year (1998) replay. I am GM and manager of the Yankees. I am using as played lineups and transactions. I see that my roster for the 1st game of the season (April 1) includes Orlando Hernandez. In 1998 Hernandez did not join the Yankees until the beginning of June. So why is he on the Yankee Roster on April 1st in my OOTP game? Am I doing something wrong with the settings? I also do not see Willie Banks on the roster for the 1st game even though in real life on April 1, 1998 he was on the Yankees 25 man roster.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
dbl4868 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:59 PM   #236
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Willie Banks is probably on the reserve roster. "Historical lineups and transactions" is not the same as "historical 25-man rosters." For the latter, we would need accurate minor league transactions.

Orlando Hernandez is on the OD roster because he pitched only for NYY in 1998. He did pitch in the minor leagues before he made his debut on June 3. But, again, OOTP does not have minor league transaction data.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #237
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Somehow the draft values have got to be cleaned up, because right now they're jibberish. It's nobody's fault. I understand it's probably low on the priority list. It just appears that things have been slipping over the years, and somehow it's resulted in this (player name followed by draft value):

Babe Ruth 1685
Glendon Rusch 1579
Bob Rush 2292
Amos Rusie 2861
Allen Russell 1570
Jack Russell 1964
Jeff Russell 2085
Dick Ruthven 2318

Ted Williams 1060
Ken Williams 1816
Lefty Williams 1212
Matt D Williams 2291
Mitch Williams 1216
Mike Williams 1376
Ned Williamson 1622
Stan Williams 1952
Vic Willis 3308
Woody Williams 2498

Barry Bonds 1703
Brian Bohanon 1388
Bernie Boland 1030
Bobby Bolin 2017
Jeremy Bonderman 1307
Bobby Bonds 3082
Tommy Bond 2700
Ricky Bones 1271
Bill Bonham 1649
Tiny Bonham 1785
Bobby Bonilla 3583

I'll be working on my own dispersal system because this feature is not working as intended right now.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:21 AM   #238
sprague
All Star Starter

Just to mention.
I called up a 1929 start, full minors.
The players were there save all the negro league. all of there teams had no players and no players were in the free agent pool, so they didnt wind up there.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #239
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Somehow the draft values have got to be cleaned up, because right now they're jibberish. It's nobody's fault. I understand it's probably low on the priority list. It just appears that things have been slipping over the years, and somehow it's resulted in this (player name followed by draft value):

Babe Ruth 1685
Glendon Rusch 1579
Bob Rush 2292
Amos Rusie 2861
Allen Russell 1570
Jack Russell 1964
Jeff Russell 2085
Dick Ruthven 2318

Ted Williams 1060
Ken Williams 1816
Lefty Williams 1212
Matt D Williams 2291
Mitch Williams 1216
Mike Williams 1376
Ned Williamson 1622
Stan Williams 1952
Vic Willis 3308
Woody Williams 2498

Barry Bonds 1703
Brian Bohanon 1388
Bernie Boland 1030
Bobby Bolin 2017
Jeremy Bonderman 1307
Bobby Bonds 3082
Tommy Bond 2700
Ricky Bones 1271
Bill Bonham 1649
Tiny Bonham 1785
Bobby Bonilla 3583

I'll be working on my own dispersal system because this feature is not working as intended right now.
here are the draft values in the database. they bear no apparent relationship to your numbers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DraftValue.zip (248.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 11-07-2019, 07:59 PM   #240
M's rule
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl4868 View Post
I am playing an historical single year (1998) replay. I am GM and manager of the Yankees. I am using as played lineups and transactions. I see that my roster for the 1st game of the season (April 1) includes Orlando Hernandez. In 1998 Hernandez did not join the Yankees until the beginning of June. So why is he on the Yankee Roster on April 1st in my OOTP game? Am I doing something wrong with the settings? I also do not see Willie Banks on the roster for the 1st game even though in real life on April 1, 1998 he was on the Yankees 25 man roster.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
I'm the one responsible for the transactions file. What pstrickert said in his reply is essentially correct.

Unfortunately, the file still lacks a lot of information about when players make their debuts during a season, either because of being signed or called up. I have added data to a few seasons that prevents rookies from being on their team's active roster until on or just before the date of their first game. But it's a big project with lots of seasons to go.

In the case of Hernandez, the program puts him in the starting rotation even though he won't get his first start until June 3. No harm is done immediately, since the program will follow the lineups file to determine who starts when. But it's conceivable that he'll end up being used in relief a time or two in April and May, which is the other downside of how the program normally handles things. EDIT: After I advanced my league to April 1, Hernandez was switched to RP. Between 4/1 and 6/1 he had 24 innings pitched in 12 relief appearances. Not good.

After the 1998 season is updated, though, he'll be on the Yankees' inactive/injured list until it's time for him to make his debut, so no bogus relief appearances and no taking up a space on the 25-man.

Willie Banks is indeed on the reserve roster (in the league I just created), and that could well be because El Duque is stealing his spot. If you want to use a hammer to fix this particular problem, edit Hernandez to be out of commission until June 3 and make sure Banks is the one who gets activated in his place. Weirdly enough, Banks is going to get traded to Arizona on the same day Hernandez pitched for the first time.

I hope some of this is helpful. Any other questions?

Last edited by M's rule; 11-07-2019 at 08:07 PM.
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote