Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #101
redtiger7
All Star Starter

On the home screen, a switch conference button in teh standings box so we can easily see how the rest of the league is doing.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:30 AM   #102
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranul View Post
Bring back the jerseys one things I liked looking at in the older games when looking at the custom teams players was looking at the players jerseys
If you mean FaceGen (which I guess you mean), that was and still is in any FHM version. Just make sure you enable it both in the Startscreen settings and your save settings (after you started a game). I know the process to enable them is a bit strange and we already made it much easier to access in FHM 6.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #103
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

I would like to simplify offering qualifying offers to my players.
Sort of like in OOTP how you can click "Offer all minor league contracts"

I'd like to be able to select which players to offer a qualifying offer to all at once, then I can negotiate individually with those players i really want to sign,

I find I spend too much time qualifying guys I dont really want, but dont want to lose the rights too.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #104
Veshy
Bat Boy

- I would like the graphical representation (gifs) of the types of tactics for a better understanding and choosing the appropriate tactics.

- Increase salary budget after successful season,

- Better negotiation of new contracts with players.

- Save rosters (line), So I don't have to manually put the healed player into the lines

Last edited by Veshy; 08-20-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Veshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #105
ranul
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
If you mean FaceGen (which I guess you mean), that was and still is in any FHM version. Just make sure you enable it both in the Startscreen settings and your save settings (after you started a game). I know the process to enable them is a bit strange and we already made it much easier to access in FHM 6.
No when on FHM 3 when you click on a player on the a team roster you see a picture of the player in the top corner wearing his uniform but when you click on a player in FHM 5 you only get a shadow of a player .
ranul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:31 PM   #106
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
No when on FHM 3 when you click on a player on the a team roster you see a picture of the player in the top corner wearing his uniform but when you click on a player in FHM 5 you only get a shadow of a player .
That's FaceGen not on.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:45 AM   #107
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
As Adam said below (and I in my post): you don´t have FaceGen enabled. FaceGen was (and still is) available in any version of FHM to this point.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #108
ranul
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
As Adam said below (and I in my post): you don´t have FaceGen enabled. FaceGen was (and still is) available in any version of FHM to this point.
thanks
ranul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:12 AM   #109
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Since beta testing has already begun, any chance we see the final product before hockey season begins?
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #110
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

I would love to be able to tweak things like how good or how many players individual countries turn out. I play exclusively with the European leagues, so it'd be nice to dramatically lessen the dominance that Canada/Russia/USA has. If it isn't a feature, does anyone know if there's a way to edit this?
number1alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #111
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alien View Post
I would love to be able to tweak things like how good or how many players individual countries turn out. I play exclusively with the European leagues, so it'd be nice to dramatically lessen the dominance that Canada/Russia/USA has. If it isn't a feature, does anyone know if there's a way to edit this?
You can always edit the player directly
Old 08-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #112
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
You can always edit the player directly
I'm not talking about editing individual players; I mean reducing the amount of top-level players that a country produces as a whole.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #113
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Fewer injury updates. Right now we get a message when a player's almost ready to come back (but still not dressable) not 100% but dressable, and fully recovered. All within a day of each other. When quick simming, it becomes a bit annoying with all those stoppages, but you still want to know when you can add him back to the roster. Perhaps just dumping that first message would ease things a bit.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #114
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Fewer injury updates. Right now we get a message when a player's almost ready to come back (but still not dressable) not 100% but dressable, and fully recovered. All within a day of each other. When quick simming, it becomes a bit annoying with all those stoppages, but you still want to know when you can add him back to the roster. Perhaps just dumping that first message would ease things a bit.
I mean, you can edit how many injury messages you get already.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:18 PM   #115
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I mean, you can edit how many injury messages you get already.
How so? it seems to be you either get them or you don't. (By unchecking the injuries box in news subscription.)
Old 08-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #116
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
How so? it seems to be you either get them or you don't. (By unchecking the injuries box in news subscription.)
You're looking at the exact right spot, but you just haven't played around with the options.

The first 2 are all about injuries in that area.

You can turn down Exit Autoplay so it tells you only when a player is out for (say) a month, or two.

The second option is about how "hurt" a player actually is. Turn it on and set it to 30% plus and you should limit the amount you get.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #117
redtiger7
All Star Starter

I'd like to suggest that FHM6 change the expansion draft rules to limit the number of players taken from each team. The current real life rule is 1 per team I believe? I find the current way it works tends to gut some teams, and leave others completely untouched,
Old 08-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #118
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

I'd be super happy with a fully functioning online component.
HTML exports, saved strategy templates, easy import/export of team files.
Basically, if it worked exactly like OOTP.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:33 PM   #119
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
You're looking at the exact right spot, but you just haven't played around with the options.

The first 2 are all about injuries in that area.

You can turn down Exit Autoplay so it tells you only when a player is out for (say) a month, or two.

The second option is about how "hurt" a player actually is. Turn it on and set it to 30% plus and you should limit the amount you get.
I'm talking about when a player stops being injured. Right now, those are all personal messages, and the only way to stop them is to stop all personal messages. TBH, I don't need to know that he's almost ready. Just tell me when I can dress him and I'm fine.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:56 PM   #120
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Another thing I'm hoping for: more playable European leagues!