Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Coaches disappeared?

So I just did the most dreaded of my offseason tasks.. going through every single available coach to find the ones w/ the best development ratings... takes like half an hour b/c there is no way to see that in table form.

Anyways, I found 2 guys I wanted, offered them both over their demand.

Simmed a few days while making trades, etc, and went to check on my pending offers. Gone. Never got a reply. Can't find any record of them signing in the news & logs.. I exported the complete transaction log to html so I could search their names in the browser.

Where the did these guys go?

I'm pretty freakin miffed that they just vanished and/or signed somewhere without a trace.

Last edited by FlaviusFlav; 12-21-2019 at 11:01 AM.
FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Turns out that all coaches I shortlisted (~6?) disappeared over the 4 days I simmed.

Do they all sign that quickly, without counter offers, and not show up in any logs whatsoever?

They aren't on my staff shortlist any more either. There are a bunch of retired coaches on the list, however, so it doesn't appear that they get automatically removed if they retire or something...

Last edited by FlaviusFlav; 12-21-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:56 PM   #3
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Next season same thing.

"I would accept a X year contract for $XXXX"

Offer them that deal.

Next day they are gone. Nothing in the transaction log. No attempt to negotiate.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

"Favors offer"

Sim 1 day

Gone.

Dude is not listed in the "Complete transaction log"

Is this just a bug that is happening to me season after season?

I spent 15 minutes looking at every single available personnel and then offered this guy more than he was asking. He either died (like all coaches i seem to offer contracts to) or he signed somewhere else without returning to me and without being logged.

Last edited by FlaviusFlav; 03-01-2020 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Looking forward to see the response to this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:26 PM   #6
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav View Post
I spent 15 minutes looking at every single available personnel and then offered this guy more than he was asking. He either died (like all coaches i seem to offer contracts to) or he signed somewhere else without returning to me and without being logged.
I believe the bolded part is what is happening, at least as far as I've been able to tell. It's definitely a bug.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Have you searched for the coaches in the Search field to see if they show up?

Edit: not in a transactions log, but inside the Search field/bar inside the game itself
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #8
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34 View Post
Have you searched for the coaches in the Search field to see if they show up?

Edit: not in a transactions log, but inside the Search field/bar inside the game itself
Well, I didn't even know what you were talking about. I had to launch the game and look and I had never noticed there was even a search feature there before :-o

I got rid of my screenshot I was using to keep track of the offers I had out there so I don't remember the name. I'll try that next time, though.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #9
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

unfortunately the game doesn't tell you he signed with another team or any negotiation needed to be changed he will either disappear and sign with another team and you get no notification via game email but the only notification you get is when he signs with you so you just have to keep an eye on the pending offers page as that's the only real way to track whats happening each day
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote