Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Serious question - how does one get a refund

I preordered the game and have bought it every year since OOTP3. Heck I've been on these forums since 2001. My laptop will not do Face Gen or 3d because of the new Open GL requirements, which were not divulged prior to the pre-order. For some reason the drivers for the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family stripped out support for Open GL 2 or higher in their Windows 8 drivers. I tried following guides to install the previous Win 7 drivers instead but it wouldn't work.

There's a thread started by the Devs in the Support forum almost a month ago to help those with these problems, and a bunch of people have posted in there, yet no one from the Devs has posted in there since 2 days after the thread was created.

I love the game but haven't played it in a while because of these problems. I haven't had a problem with Face Gen in any previous version. Had I known that these two key features wouldn't be available to me no matter what i did on my end laptop wise, I honestly wouldn't have spent the money.

Thanks
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Try Werty's solution in this thread:

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-h...s-8-1-x64.html
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by The Wolf; 04-16-2015 at 11:54 AM.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

I've tried that as well as another solution that I posted in that face gen thread in the tech support forum and my laptop automatically installs either the win 8 driver or a standard generic driver instead - even if i try to force it.

trust me i WANT to play OOTP 16 with face gen and 3d and I've tried like crazy to work around the problem.

thanks for the reply though Wolf
Old 04-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Really sorry to hear a long timer can't play anymore not that he doesn't want but just can't. I hope something happens were you fix your issue

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

By PM

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
I've tried that as well as another solution that I posted in that face gen thread in the tech support forum and my laptop automatically installs either the win 8 driver or a standard generic driver instead - even if i try to force it.

trust me i WANT to play OOTP 16 with face gen and 3d and I've tried like crazy to work around the problem.

thanks for the reply though Wolf
Did you try manually selecting which windows updates are installed so that the graphics driver would not get overwritten?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #7
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Did you try manually selecting which windows updates are installed so that the graphics driver would not get overwritten?
yes, that's when it started to do the generic windows display driver
Old 04-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

edit: It turns out that was the answer!

Last edited by The Wolf; 04-22-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #9
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

When the game wouldn't play for me I ended up completely deleting everything and starting with a clean install and that worked... but it sounds like we were having different problems.

I feel for you. That sucks.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:39 PM   #10
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Yeah mine works except 3d and facegen - i could probably live without the 3d but not the facegen, especially after having facegen work in the past
Old 04-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #11
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yeah mine works except 3d and facegen - i could probably live without the 3d but not the facegen, especially after having facegen work in the past
I would definitely PM someone at the company (maybe Markus directly) if you haven't already. There are a lot of posts about issues in a lot of different locations, and while I've always found the customer service offered by OOTP to be terrific, the sheer number of issues being posted and the limited number of people who really know what's going on (as in are coding the game) often mean that people don't get replies to their issues, even in centralized locations like the Bug Report thread.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #12
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I'm no expert, but I have trouble accepting this: "I tried following guides to install the previous Win 7 drivers instead but it wouldn't work." I know you have tried hard, but maybe it's worth the $$ and a trip to Best Buy to get some professional help? Or maybe it's worth some more $$$ to get a new machine?

Yes, I know these are naive questions which of course you have already considered and answered but I feel the same as Padreman about being "sorry to hear a long timer can't play anymore not that he doesn't want but just can't."

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #13
BradC
All Star Starter

Go Tribe:

Have you filed a ticket at support.ootpdevelopments.com?

If you still can't get any help that way, please PM me or email me at [brad dot cook at ootpdevelopments dot com] and I'll do whatever I can to help you. While we have a two-week window for refunds, I'm sure we can work out an exception if you simply can't get this resolved. But I'd like to see if we can exhaust any possible fixes first.

Thanks, and sorry you're having trouble.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #14
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Go Tribe:

Have you filed a ticket at support.ootpdevelopments.com?

If you still can't get any help that way, please PM me or email me at [brad dot cook at ootpdevelopments dot com] and I'll do whatever I can to help you. While we have a two-week window for refunds, I'm sure we can work out an exception if you simply can't get this resolved. But I'd like to see if we can exhaust any possible fixes first.

Thanks, and sorry you're having trouble.
Hey Brad - i haven't filled one out yet - i'll do that today - i've been out of town since you posted this. Appreciate you reaching out to me. At this point if we can get facegen to work i'd be happy, even without 3d.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #15
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Assuming you haven't tried this already....

Go to Settings--3D & Facegen--Open GL Shader Mode, and set it to "Disable Open GL Shader (Troubleshooting)". Makes it so 3D won't work, but at least facegen will. Worked for me, anyway. Since I don't want/need/use 3D anyway, acceptable losses!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #16
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post

Go to Settings--3D & Facegen--Open GL Shader Mode, and set it to "Disable Open GL Shader (Troubleshooting)". Makes it so 3D won't work, but at least facegen will. Worked for me, anyway. Since I don't want/need/use 3D anyway, acceptable losses!
Yeah, that might work.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #17
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post

I'll try that when i get home, thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #18
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll try that when i get home, thanks
Either way, report back here, buddy.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #19
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

no matter what i do, FaceGen resorts back to disabled. I've tried disabling both open gl options as well as anti-aliasing, along with every combo of turning some on and some off, and nothing.

opening a ticket now
Old 04-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #20
Assos
All Star Starter

Go Tribe, I am rooting for you to get this fixed! I think alot of us feel this way!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote