Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Best Settings to View Animation

I just bought OOTP20... mainly just to support Markus and the team... but also because previews posts about animation was that it was better than OOTP19.

Is OOTP20 noticeably better animation that OOTP19?... or is pretty much the same... I noticed in OOTP19 the outfielders dive way too much... and their actions don't always follow the PBP.

I just played a game in the default settings... and I didn't notice any improvements... and yes, I know this is a small sample... am I expecting too much?

What are the best settings to get optimal animation?

Is it possible to make the players larger?... the ball larger?

I see on the Options screen there is a place to make the ball larger, but it is grayed out and doesn't give me any options.

I have seen posts about various screens... I only see two choices in the Options... Wide is one of them... don't remember the other... but they really didn't seem to much of a difference between them.

Are there any closeup screens where the players are larger?

Would appreciate your help and advice.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
james17
All Star Starter

Yep...I have the same questions too because I don't see much difference either.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #3
Reed
All Star Starter

Go to the teams home page. Select settings, select edit park, select 3D, you should see the 3D stadium and on the right side some x y z values and near there a factor set to a default of 15. Change that to about 2 and the adjust the x y z factors which will move your camera viewpoint around to just about anywhere you like. First base, outfield etc.. I have mine set about 10 how’s up behind the catcher. When you get it to a spot you like you need to go to near the bottom right and save the view. You can save different viewpoints if you like.
As far as changing the players size, when you first select OOTP, where it ask if you would like to play challenge mode and it gives you the option to play a current game, load another game etc.. Near the bottom on the left is a setting tab. Open that and look around and you will find an option to change players size. I have mine set to 130.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Go to the teams home page. Select settings, select edit park, select 3D, you should see the 3D stadium and on the right side some x y z values and near there a factor set to a default of 15. Change that to about 2 and the adjust the x y z factors which will move your camera viewpoint around to just about anywhere you like. First base, outfield etc.. I have mine set about 10 how’s up behind the catcher. When you get it to a spot you like you need to go to near the bottom right and save the view. You can save different viewpoints if you like.
As far as changing the players size, when you first select OOTP, where it ask if you would like to play challenge mode and it gives you the option to play a current game, load another game etc.. Near the bottom on the left is a setting tab. Open that and look around and you will find an option to change players size. I have mine set to 130.
Thank you... really appreciate your help and information.

I would have never figured this out on my own.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #5
smiller
Major Leagues

Agree with you about too many diving catches. I seem to have at least three or more every game, including some where it looks like the outfielder caught the ball while on his back or butt.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Followed your advice and make the changes.

My players are a little larger.

I played out three games... and to be honest, I did not see a lot of difference between OOTP19 and OOTP20 animation.

I got the impression that there are not as many outfielders diving for the ball... but it just a guess after watching just three games.

Infield flies still look strange... wish they could make it look a little more realistic, like the outfield flies.

Wish there were more difference between line drives to the infield and a ground ball... I have to read the PBP to know it was a liner... or note that the infielder didn't make a throw.

Anyway, animation in OOTP is getting better... and a step in the right direction... but it has a long way to go for me... as many of you already know, I am hard to please... really like perfection.

Maybe the pace can be stepped with the addition hiring of new people to the OOTP Development Team.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-13-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Reed:

Really appreciate your help and instructions.

Thank you.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #8
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I was wondering how you get the players to show up on the field, with a picture and their ratings? I have looked at this for awhile and cannot seem to figure it out.

Thanks!
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
I was wondering how you get the players to show up on the field, with a picture and their ratings? I have looked at this for awhile and cannot seem to figure it out.

Thanks!
It's in the "Options" section... I think you can access it once you enter to play out a game... it's in a long list of choices about setting up the game up.

Give me some time and I'll post a screenshot.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #10
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I've tried that long pull down list, but when I select show player picture, or something to that effect --- it doesn't happen.
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #11
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Here are the instructions:

1. Open up a game to play it.
2. Start Game
3. Choose "OPTIONS" (near "View" and "BNN" on the upper right corner (screenshot #1)
4. Choose "GAME OPTIONS"
5. Look at "Viewing Options" ( middle of the screen) (screenshot #2)
6. Under "Player Labels", choose "Large Labels"
7. If you want Player Photos, choose "Display in Field").

Hope this is what you wanted.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-13-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
I've tried that long pull down list, but when I select show player picture, or something to that effect --- it doesn't happen.
Sorry, can't help you there... I am computer challenged... anything more than the basics and I'm thrown for a loop.

Hopefully one of the technologically gifted will chime in and solve your problem.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #13
andyhdz
All Star Starter

the animations are definitely smoother compared to last year but of course nowhere near modern graphics as that's not the main focus of the game. Some of the new 3d stadium mods that users have made have really neat views including batter's boxes and suite views.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #14
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
the animations are definitely smoother compared to last year but of course nowhere near modern graphics as that's not the main focus of the game. Some of the new 3d stadium mods that users have made have really neat views including batter's boxes and suite views.
Wow!... the view from the batter's box sound intriguing... are the players larger in that view?... do you see the entire play from that vantage point, including the fielding and throwing of the ball?

I realize that graphics are not the main focus of the game... GM and management seems to be the big thing... I play a very simple game... no financials... just let the teams play and see what happens.

I long for the day when I can just watch a game play out with realistic animation... that is the ultimate for me.

I want to see my fictional players and dynasty leagues come alive.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:18 PM   #15
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello Guys, thought I'd join the conversation since I have a question on game settings. In post #11 above, the scoreboard on the left shows score by inning, as well as a separate section for runs/hits/errors to the right of that.

On my scoreboard, all I can get to show up is RUNS for the game only (not inning by inning). I always have to hit boxscore if I want to have the additional info.

How can I change this?
Baseball Ray! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:18 PM   #16
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Ray! View Post
Hello Guys, thought I'd join the conversation since I have a question on game settings. In post #11 above, the scoreboard on the left shows score by inning, as well as a separate section for runs/hits/errors to the right of that.

On my scoreboard, all I can get to show up is RUNS for the game only (not inning by inning). I always have to hit boxscore if I want to have the additional info.

How can I change this?
I believe it's a screen resolution issue, Ray. Might not be able to change it.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #17
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post

I long for the day when I can just watch a game play out with realistic animation... that is the ultimate for me.

I want to see my fictional players and dynasty leagues come alive.

Agreed. I play-out all of my games, and although I have seen some improvements in the OOTP 20 animation over 19, I'm looking forward to the 3D engine taking another step forward, with improved player models and stadiums in the next version or two.

I know it is big lift, and this game is already huge, but the OOTPD team seems to want to move in that direction.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #18
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Agreed. I play-out all of my games, and although I have seen some improvements in the OOTP 20 animation over 19, I'm looking forward to the 3D engine taking another step forward, with improved player models and stadiums in the next version or two.

I know it is big lift, and this game is already huge, but the OOTPD team seems to want to move in that direction.
Maybe the animation will be realistic by OOTP25... hope so... I'm an old codger and can't wait too many more years.

I think a stadium generator is on the agenda for OOTP21... maybe OOTP22... I think that's what Markus said on the Forum... we should have it by OOTP25.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-14-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:59 PM   #19
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Maybe the animation will be realistic by OOTP25... hope so... I'm an old codger and can't wait too many more years.

I think a stadium generator is on the agenda for OOTP21... maybe OOTP22... I think that's what Markus said on the Forum... we should have it by OOTP25.
He did in fact mention this, and I’m positive it is on his agenda....no timetable yet though.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #20
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
He did in fact mention this, and I’m positive it is on his agenda....no timetable yet though.
I understand that a stadium generator is very, very difficult to program... that came from Markus when he said he would like to have it as a new feature... I am not sure, but I think he said it might be in OOTP21... at least, it would be a feature he would like in the next few years.