Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:39 PM   #21
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

he could have a high power rating in that era and still barely eclipse 10hr, i bet. the league totals will create some sort of ceiling, and as long as that jives, historically speaking, it's all good.

just one more thing to interpret a bit differently than our initial perceptions of it based on modern ootp leagues and players. historical play is a completely different animal. (or similar customized league)

the low league hr total will make a larger power mostly insignificant, but i don't have any experience to know for sure. i don't even know peak hr years for individuals for that era. think ty cobb hit 9 one year and won the triple crown? lol... something akin to that.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Relative ratings on or off will have an effect, even if you only have 1 league.

With relative ratings off, you always see the raw ratings. So whether your league average hitter has a power rating of 100 (internally on the 1-200 scale), 50, or 150, with relative ratings off, you always see things with the raw values. With relative ratings on, a player with a power rating of 100 will change depending on the league average values. So for the Paquette example, there, with relative ratings on, it shows him with slightly above average stuff, and with relative ratings off, he shows as below average. So basically, in that case, your league average stuff rating is probably below 100.

Which one you like more? That's a personal decision. Sometimes it can be annoying to see everyone clustered with all low stuff ratings and can be hard to distinguish, but then at other times, relative ratings may exaggerate differences.

As for the initial point, no, the profile ratings should not differ that much from the scouting pages. Trust me, if we knew how to fix it, it would be fixed. The only times it should differ are if you have him set as a reliever and he was scouted as a starter (or vice versa), or you are viewing relative to other leagues than he was scouted as. There's just so many combinations of settings, values, when guys get scouted, when things change and update internally, etc... that it just happens to be some saves have more troubles than others at staying in sync.
Quote:
Player overall/potential Ratings will show from the last scouting report on the player (optional)

In the overall settings, added a new option so that overall/potential ratings don't get updated "live" when you view a player page. This is optional - with it off, everything should function as it has before. With it on, hopefully this solves the "why do my reports keep showing different values" problem we've had forever.
I thought this new option was supposed to fix this, or is this something else entirely?

Last edited by MizzouRah; 04-19-2019 at 09:19 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:40 AM   #23
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

this problem seems to be back in full force again...not sure what has changed...but it seemed better before now.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #24
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

Yes I always see a difference in the scouting tab as compared to the player's homepage profile. Very much a pain in the ass. I see it the most with Pitcher's when it comes to their stuff rating. Occasionally in other areas.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #25
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Relative ratings on or off will have an effect, even if you only have 1 league.

With relative ratings off, you always see the raw ratings. So whether your league average hitter has a power rating of 100 (internally on the 1-200 scale), 50, or 150, with relative ratings off, you always see things with the raw values. With relative ratings on, a player with a power rating of 100 will change depending on the league average values. So for the Paquette example, there, with relative ratings on, it shows him with slightly above average stuff, and with relative ratings off, he shows as below average. So basically, in that case, your league average stuff rating is probably below 100.

Which one you like more? That's a personal decision. Sometimes it can be annoying to see everyone clustered with all low stuff ratings and can be hard to distinguish, but then at other times, relative ratings may exaggerate differences.

As for the initial point, no, the profile ratings should not differ that much from the scouting pages. Trust me, if we knew how to fix it, it would be fixed. The only times it should differ are if you have him set as a reliever and he was scouted as a starter (or vice versa), or you are viewing relative to other leagues than he was scouted as. There's just so many combinations of settings, values, when guys get scouted, when things change and update internally, etc... that it just happens to be some saves have more troubles than others at staying in sync.
I'm curious how the league average rating is calculated. I'm guessing it would have to be a weighted average based on PA (for hitters) or BF (for pitchers). Otherwise little-used reserves would drag down the average. But that would mean it would have to be based on a prior time period - probably the previous season - and may not reflect the current composition of the league. Or is it a sort of running average based on some time period? How often is the league average updated? Also, there might be some trickiness involved with pitchers and their variable stuff ratings depending upon whether they were designated as a starter or reliever at the time the average is calculated.

It seems a little problematic...
Cobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #26
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobby View Post
I'm curious how the league average rating is calculated. I'm guessing it would have to be a weighted average based on PA (for hitters) or BF (for pitchers). Otherwise little-used reserves would drag down the average. But that would mean it would have to be based on a prior time period - probably the previous season - and may not reflect the current composition of the league. Or is it a sort of running average based on some time period? How often is the league average updated? Also, there might be some trickiness involved with pitchers and their variable stuff ratings depending upon whether they were designated as a starter or reliever at the time the average is calculated.

It seems a little problematic...

The reason I bring this up, is no matter if you use relative ratings or not, this discrepancy should NOT be happening unless you aren't using the "use last scouted overall" option.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #27
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
The reason I bring this up, is no matter if you use relative ratings or not, this discrepancy should NOT be happening unless you aren't using the "use last scouted overall" option.
Exactly.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 AM   #28
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

the Problem appears to be that very often there’s a difference between the position is playing , and the position they are scouted for. There needs to be a way to scout at any given position.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 05-15-2019 at 10:50 AM.