Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:13 AM   #21
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP XX is the best version ever. I think everyone knows there are pieces that could be better ... when you compare it to best of the best simulations. However those other best of the best simulations probably have 100x the budget.

Let's hope the new packs sell well this year enabling OOTP XXI budget to go up and maybe we will get even more features next year.

More Player AI on taking extensions, player to player relationships, team preferences, etc. So many possibilities.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #22
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post
And for those that don’t like it- make sure you silence them so only positive thoughts can be shared about the game.
just want to watch the world burn. You're certainly not among the 99%+ of users I've experienced here who are by and large happy with this game. Also, after 13 seasons here lurking and posting and participating...these guys are flat out the best developers I've seen in 31 years of software experience, and the only ones I've ever seen maintain the level of engagement we get here.

In all my years on these boards, you are the first person I've seen provoke this kind of response from above. You should be ashamed.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #23
OS Red
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post
So why is this thread not getting locked?

God forbid anybody criticize the game. Complete bull****
I don't think anyone has a problem with constructive criticism. However I think most people have a problem when people whine and you come off as whining.
OS Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:02 PM   #24
USF
All Star Starter

Best sim sports game I ever have played by far. The value you get with this product is unmatched to the competition. In fact, I would argue they should charge 2x the price they do for the value you get back. Of course I would like to see some online league updates one of these versions :-))
Keep up the great work OOTP TEAM!

USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:23 AM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
Best sim sports game I ever have played by far. The value you get with this product is unmatched to the competition. In fact, I would argue they should charge 2x the price they do for the value you get back. Of course I would like to see some online league updates one of these versions :-))
Keep up the great work OOTP TEAM!
Actually it's kind of unfair to the games industry that people have this perception what a game should cost and increasing the price sets of a ****storm. OOTP came out 20 years ago, for $39.99. Even applying standard inflation the game should cost $60 now. And inflation for consumer products is actually even higher than that... so, the bills we have to pay go up each year (including salaries of course), yet our product remains priced the same. Oh well, I am just happy we're outgrowing inflation every year, but other developers are not that lucky...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:26 AM   #26
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

OOTP 20 dos not have any of the new features I wanted it to have. But I am thoroughly enjoying everything t does have. So as far as I'm cocerned for the amount of hours I have already put in and the amount of hours I will put in before OOTP 21 comes out... I stole this from you at $39.99
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #27
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Actually it's kind of unfair to the games industry that people have this perception what a game should cost and increasing the price sets of a ****storm. OOTP came out 20 years ago, for $39.99. Even applying standard inflation the game should cost $60 now. And inflation for consumer products is actually even higher than that... so, the bills we have to pay go up each year (including salaries of course), yet our product remains priced the same. Oh well, I am just happy we're outgrowing inflation every year, but other developers are not that lucky...
It's not luck. When you put out a consistently great product year after year it's because of hard work, dedication to excellence and the ability to listen and work with your customers.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #28
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
While I fully understand that everyone has different financial realities and that, here in the U.S. anyway, wage inequality keeps rising and the wages of many, relative to costs like housing, are not keeping pace, I am always amazed when people complain about the price of OOTP. (Again, this is no indictment of anyone who just legitimately doesn't have the extra $40 to spend right now, but experience tells me that those are not the ones who tend to loudly proclaim the game as a rip off at this very modest price.)

Given all that is packed into the game, given all the variations on how one can play the game, given the unlimited hours of joy one can experience with the game, the price is so minimal as to be, like Mr. Marlin said, like I stole it from you.

Then compare it to other entertainment dollars we spend- on going out to eat, going to a movie, even going to a sporting event- and the amount of money we spend per hour of enjoyment on OOTP is shockingly less. Pennies on the dollar would be an understatement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, because it is nothing but the unvarnished and un-exaggerated truth: the money I spend on OOTP is the best value I've ever received for a monetary investment.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:37 AM   #29
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
While I fully understand that everyone has different financial realities and that, here in the U.S. anyway, wage inequality keeps rising and the wages of many, relative to costs like housing, are not keeping pace, I am always amazed when people complain about the price of OOTP. (Again, this is no indictment of anyone who just legitimately doesn't have the extra $40 to spend right now, but experience tells me that those are not the ones who tend to loudly proclaim the game as a rip off at this very modest price.)

Given all that is packed into the game, given all the variations on how one can play the game, given the unlimited hours of joy one can experience with the game, the price is so minimal as to be, like Mr. Marlin said, like I stole it from you.

Then compare it to other entertainment dollars we spend- on going out to eat, going to a movie, even going to a sporting event- and the amount of money we spend per hour of enjoyment on OOTP is shockingly less. Pennies on the dollar would be an understatement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, because it is nothing but the unvarnished and un-exaggerated truth: the money I spend on OOTP is the best value I've ever received for a monetary investment.
Only thing I can say rivals OOTP in value for me would be the local library. So 39.99 for OOTP + whatever I pay in state & local taxes and overdue fees. Can you even buy a golf ball for 39.99 these days? How much does it cost to fish, hunt etc. Guy couldn't ask for two better values as hobbies, OOTP and crime fiction.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #30
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Only thing I can say rivals OOTP in value for me would be the local library. So 39.99 for OOTP + whatever I pay in state & local taxes and overdue fees. Can you even buy a golf ball for 39.99 these days? How much does it cost to fish, hunt etc. Guy couldn't ask for two better values as hobbies, OOTP and crime fiction.
For me, it’s the local bar! 😉
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #31
stan67
Bat Boy

I saw Mantle, Williams, Aaron all play (in person) and I am still learning the numerous facets of OOTP .I cannot offer any incisive critical comments . Nevertheless, it is my impression that OOTP improves every year I look forward to another great season .
stan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:03 PM   #32
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I think it's pretty unreasonable to think any game that releases yearly is an automatic 100% upgrade for 100% of the user base.

I love playing teams from current year for 5-12 seasons. Then starting over from opening day with a different team.

So the live update is pretty awesome. Especially come all star break when maybe s great team 10 games back or a team over performed. Can you correct the failing team? Maintain the over achiever?

So for my play style XX was a no brainier.

OOTP just appeals to so many different styles a small % might always be upset every release. That doesn't mean it was a bad release.

XX is an A+ release it just might not be 100% upgrade for 100% of the users well cause that's pretty impossible.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote