Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:25 AM   #21
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I usually have some extra vacation time i have to use by April so i will do the same as i did last year.
Take a vacation day and hope i can get the game before the day is over. Haven't had any problems in the past. Usually have it before lunch.
Anyone else making it a personal holiday?
Maybe OOTP release day should be a holiday.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #22
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Pre-order bonus?

It says on the pre-order/OOTP20 features page that if you pre-order during launch week that you'd get a bonus pack for perfect team. Would that mean that if we pre-ordered now we wouldn't get that bonus pack? Would launch week be considered March 17-23?
martyjay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #23
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
I usually have some extra vacation time i have to use by April so i will do the same as i did last year.
Take a vacation day and hope i can get the game before the day is over. Haven't had any problems in the past. Usually have it before lunch.
When you're retired, every day is a holiday
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #24
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
When you're retired, every day is a holiday
Nice.
I still have some time before i get that holiday.
I hear people say you will get bored when you retire.
I'm thinking you never played ootp.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #25
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Pre-ordered.

Literally the only video game I purchase. You have my money every year.

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #26
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Mr Red Green here has a great idea as I might do the same thing
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #27
TigsOs
Bat Boy

Unfortunately, my place of work has required us to take some furlough days through June. Fortunately, I have saved them for this release Looking forward to another version of the game!
TigsOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #28
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

yep.

the only game I will pre-order.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #29
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
yep.

the only game I will pre-order.

Honestly the pre-order does nothing for me.

1st There is no Steam pre-order so there is no point for me as I have dozens and dozens of games on Steam I want them all in the same place.

2nd The sale price is valid the entire launch week. So no urgency to pre-order then

3rd There is no pre-order bonus. I get there is card packs for PT but not anything in the base game. If you look at AAA video game pre-orders usually pre-ordering gets you some kind of unique in game items/visuals or other customization options.

4th The game file isn't large so not worried about download time it will take minutes. While some AAA games are 60-100gb usually those pre orders will pre-install the game before launch day it just wont run.

If pre-order was for a steam key and had some kind of bonus I don't know official custom alternative logo set or jersey or graphic type thing then I would be all over pre-order. But there is nothing different from the pre-order to just buying it on launch.

Now don't get me wrong come launch week I will play the hell out of OOTP 20. I just don't think OOTP pre-order is anything special when compared to the other dozen games I order every year.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #30
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Honestly the pre-order does nothing for me.

1st There is no Steam pre-order so there is no point for me as I have dozens and dozens of games on Steam I want them all in the same place.

2nd The sale price is valid the entire launch week. So no urgency to pre-order then

3rd There is no pre-order bonus. I get there is card packs for PT but not anything in the base game. If you look at AAA video game pre-orders usually pre-ordering gets you some kind of unique in game items/visuals or other customization options.

4th The game file isn't large so not worried about download time it will take minutes. While some AAA games are 60-100gb usually those pre orders will pre-install the game before launch day it just wont run.

If pre-order was for a steam key and had some kind of bonus I don't know official custom alternative logo set or jersey or graphic type thing then I would be all over pre-order. But there is nothing different from the pre-order to just buying it on launch.

Now don't get me wrong come launch week I will play the hell out of OOTP 20. I just don't think OOTP pre-order is anything special when compared to the other dozen games I order every year.

no steam & I don't play much of anything anymore, this is really the only game I still buy. pre-order is a no-brainer for me to show my support for the game/developers. the discount is nice, but not a driving factor.

I also like having the game early on Fri & playing with it all weekend before release.

I haven't played Perfect Team & not sure I ever will.

Last edited by IanIachimoe; 03-05-2019 at 06:02 PM. Reason: too much space between lines
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote