Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #1
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

What kind of draft should we expect?

I read the announcement that all the D1 schools will be represented with real players (AI created, after the first year?), but what kind of draft will we expect to see?
I assume AI teams will draft based on their tendancies (best available, greatest need, etc), and we will be able to trade up/down in the draft and for future draft picks, current players, etc. as well?
Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #2
SmoothGentleman
Major Leagues

Seems to be basic things that I'd expect. I'm more interested in if there will be any kind of hoopla around it, guys in the building, taking place at special venues, or will it just be the basic select and what not.

What about the Combine, Pro Days, Inviting guys to your facility..etc.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
rancer890
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think the regional combines, pro days and what not should be there. I'm wondering if there will be interviews with prospects because the NFL draft is a lot different than the MLB with OOTP since a lot of drafted players become starters unlike developing in the minors in OOTP.

And what about the buildup before draft during the regular season. Like IRL there's experts at NFL network and broadcast partners like ESPN and Fox who religiously go over the draft just when the college football season starts, and mock drafts are setup even before then.

It would be nice to be able to setup your own draftboard during the season as well. In Madden I would write prospects on excel or on paper and move them up and down as the season progresses while thinking about my impeding FAs. In NCAA I have this roster spreadsheet which tracks all my depth charts and needs.

I think teams need to be aggressive during the draft as well, especially for QBs, since nowadays a coach's success is directly related to the QB he chooses (maybe something like the picks St. Louis acquired from the Redskins for RGIII?)

And I hope we can get the end of year 'Showcase' bowls like the Senior Bowl so we can send scouts to 'watch them live' in addition to the stats that they accumulate during the simulated college season.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Senior Bowl + others will most likely be in, not sure about regional combines, we'll have to see if there's time.
Think else where I've already confirmed the national combine + private workouts.

Interviews; Personally I hate interviews in games. I have never played a game where the interview has proven useful and in 99.9% of times it actually becomes a negative once you've had a few interviews and worked out what's going on in the background. FM with their huge resources can't really get it right, Madden with their even bigger budget can't get it right either. Google and IBM are only now in general starting to get it to work! I don't know yet what form they will take in BTS. It's a bit early for that.

You'll of course be having all your usual mocks, though we probably won't be able to use the name Mayock in the game!

In other posts I've talked a bit about the draft, rest assured the whole draft experience will differ considerably from OOTP.

Thanks,
Francis

Last edited by Francis Cole; 02-09-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
I think the regional combines, pro days and what not should be there. I'm wondering if there will be interviews with prospects because the NFL draft is a lot different than the MLB with OOTP since a lot of drafted players become starters unlike developing in the minors in OOTP.
There are also more 'technical' differences, such as how the draft order is determined, which is different in the NFL as compared to MLB.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #6
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
...You'll of course be having all your usual mocks, though we probably won't be able to use the name Mayock in the game! ...
Speaking of mocks...

Will we be able to set up our draft boards based on things like mock drafts? In other words, can the mocks be used to anticipate movements in the draft based on the game's "expert draft predictor"?