Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 02-27-2006, 01:01 AM   #21
kq76
Global Moderator

Version 1.10 is now up!

The changes:
-added multiple filters and sorts to the show page (thanks to Duffy for recommending it!)
-enhanced the add/update email with full records of the previous and current profiles
-fixed the Commish OOTP Forum Username link to work for IDs that had spaces in them
-miscellaneous small stuff

We have 349 records ATM. We're getting there.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:10 AM   #22
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

I am trying to log in but it seems like it doesn't want to accept my password when I want to edit the HPBL and the WCBL information. Is there a way to reset the password for both leagues?
Old 02-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #23
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raderick
I am trying to log in but it seems like it doesn't want to accept my password when I want to edit the HPBL and the WCBL information. Is there a way to reset the password for both leagues?
You should receive your reset password via PM in a couple minutes.

Other people's passwords should work fine as I tested it on my old league before I put the newest version up and again just now.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:41 AM   #24
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. I updated the HPBL profile, but there is no submit button on the bottom of the page.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 AM   #25
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raderick
Thanks. I updated the HPBL profile, but there is no submit button on the bottom of the page.
Hmm. That's bizarre. Accessing it using the league ID#, which I normally use, makes the submit button show up, but it doesn't now if you use the league initials. I tweaked the update page a bit, I'll see if I can find out what the problem is. For now please use your league ID#s (140 for HPBL, 65 for WCBL). Thanks for pointing it out to me!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 AM   #26
kq76
Global Moderator

Problem found and fixed.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #27
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

I need to update SO49, I took over from Nate (The Professor) in the fall. The league never stopped.

League ID is 00100

URL is http://www.gbwebs.ca/so49/
Export deadlines - Tues and Friday 12:00 Noon EST
Game Version 6.51a
Commish real name = Gary Graves
Email Addy = gbwebs2004@yahoo.ca
Teams = 20
Current season = 1968

everything else the same

Thanks
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #28
kq76
Global Moderator

v1.2:
-added basic display mode and made it the default (only the most important info is listed in a rectangle that fits on the page without scrolling like you see at those popular download sites: http://ootp-leagues.com/iold/show.php)
-added paging (splitting the query result over multiple pages, making it load a lot faster, instead of it all on one long page, which was fine with a small database, but it's not anymore)
-added basic search (searches select fields including League ID, League Initials, League Full Name, among others: http://ootp-leagues.com/iold/search.php)
-designated the old search as advanced search
-added basic and full vertical display mode options to advanced search
-added an inputtable Number of Results Shown per Page to advanced search
-moved filters and sorts from show page to advanced search
-sped up searches with multiple filters and sorts by only using them if set
-deleted the text on the show page
-added reset button to advanced search
-added Alexa website preview thumbnails (very cool, see: http://ootp-leagues.com/iold/profile...&league=Submit for an example, but unfortunately very few websites have their sites cached (if you want to update your site's Alexa preview thumbnail, you can by clicking on the image, sign up as the contact, then click on the update thumbnail link) and not always does it load, so I might disable it or replace it with an option to link to your own website preview thumbnail or logo, but it will have to be a certain size)

v1.21:
-redesigned the site to a narrower look (studies have shown that most people prefer their content in an area narrower than the full screen and I do too, it's just not something that was high on the priority list until now)
-fixed a search bug so now if you don't both select the select box and enter something into the input box for the filters or sorts then it ignores what little you did do and spits out the default instead of nothing (thanks to whoever that unwitting tester was )
-added some help text to the search page

Thanks again to the people who made suggestions on how to improve the usability of the site!
Old 03-11-2006, 04:03 AM   #29
Marc Duffy
SI Marketing Wizard

Great work!!
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #30
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I seem to have forgotten the PC password. I was going to update its information.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:57 PM   #31
kq76
Global Moderator

A bump for those who still haven't seen it.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:16 AM   #32
bbrown02
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Could you email a password for SSL, id 00376

to bryan.brown@lel.net

I am the commish, and would like to update a few things.

Thanks in advance,
b
bbrown02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #33
JimiP
Minors (Triple A)

Thumbs up Wildthings Baseball League (WTL)

We're still alive and well . . . .here is the new link to homepage and accessible thru there are allother areas of league.

http://wtl.chefjimi.us/Wildthing%20B...wildthings.htm

league number is 00129

please update and if u need any more info or whatevers please shotme an e-mail...
Old 04-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #34
RebelYell
Minors (Triple A)

justa bump

ba-dump-bump

And coming soon:
The World Cup of Baseball
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #35
onarasec
Minors (Single A)

Could you email a password for the MBLS -- id 00353 -- to me at this address?

I'm the commish and would like to update several things on the listing.

Thanks.
onarasec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:38 AM   #36
kq76
Global Moderator

I'm going to be uploading the next version of the IOLD over the next night or two, but I have to do a fair bit to the actual database so I'm going to take away access to it until the work is finished. I'll post when it's ready. Hopefully it won't take too long and I've already backed it up just in case I screw up.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #37
kq76
Global Moderator

It's back up and it looks good. If you notice any problems, though, please let me know.

v1.3:
-added fields: Commissioner Managed Team, Contact Preference, Founder, Last Updater IP, General Description, Old Site Addresses
-reorganized field order (more work than I thought)
-added basic search to home page
-added IP logger (just in case we get a troublemaker)
-added all button to results per page
-slightly changed purpose
-made "free or not" an option, not an input
-made all full horizontal fields no wrap
-deleted profile page as you can get it by search
-deleted links page as not of much use
-reorganized sorts and filters table
-made work in 800 res
-limited last updated in basic display mode to 10 characters
-converted timestamps into international standard date and time notation of YYYY-MM-DD 23:59:59 (Y-m-d H:i:s in php)
-fixed bottom margin with a break
-added lg_id to detailed filters
-added seasons count to full vertical display
-omitted last_updater_ip from being displayed
-renamed membership_fees to just fees
-renamed current_season field to latest_season
-renamed v7 to v2006
-copied additional_info to general_description as the former was often used for the latter in the past, now the two can be updated with different info
-change "Free"s, etc to "No" fees
-added founder and general_description to basic search

Last edited by kq76; 04-12-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #38
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

amazing stuff, K. thanks for all the hard work

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:16 AM   #39
RJB7777777
Minors (Triple A)

0005 - ATHFBL - Around The Horn Fantasy Baseball League

Please help me I went to update our League Info and I must have forgotten the Password. Could you PLEASE send it to me at ATHFBL@gmail.com Thanks, Rick

New Up-Dated Info:

The ATHFBL is run by a Father & Son Team. Were just starting our seventh season. We have 29 active GM's that use MIRC to do our trading in and all around League Business in.; Vice President & Co-Commish RichYanks swaownerrockswa@aol.com; President & Co-Commish RJB7777777 ATHFBL@gmail.com; 30 Major League Teams; $110,000,000.00 Salary Cap
Defunct: No Participants: Multiplayer Openings: Game Version: 6.5a Game Needed: No
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Daily 7AM EST League Time Per Sim: 3 Days 7 Days a Week
Players: Modern Teams: 30 First Season: 2003 Latest Season: 2008 Last Updated: 2006-02-07
Site: angelfire.com/mi4/athfbl/ E-Mail: ATHFBL@gmail.com AIM: Commissioner: RJB7777777

Also could you please use our League Logo as our Avator. Thank you, Rick (RJB7777777) It will be the Avator on your Left on this Post. Thanks again, Rick
No-Hit ~ St Louis Cardinals
SCB ~ New York Mets
XHL ~ Toronto Maple Leafs
JADSBL ~ Detroit Cobras Asst GM
JADSBL ~ Player Handler
EPL ~ Player Handler
Retro Baseball ~ Washington Nationals

ATHFBL Web Site ~ www.athfbl.com/
ATHFBL League Page ~ http://www.athfbl.com/league/
ATHFBL E-Mail Address ~ ATHFBL@gmail.com

AIM ~ ATHFBL Rick
Yahoo ~ ATHFBL_Rick

Last edited by RJB7777777; 05-21-2006 at 04:21 AM.
RJB7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #40
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJB7777777

Please help me I went to update our League Info and I must have forgotten the Password. Could you PLEASE send it to me at ATHFBL@gmail.com Thanks, Rick

New Up-Dated Info:

The ATHFBL is run by a Father & Son Team. Were just starting our seventh season. We have 29 active GM's that use MIRC to do our trading in and all around League Business in.; Vice President & Co-Commish RichYanks swaownerrockswa@aol.com; President & Co-Commish RJB7777777 ATHFBL@gmail.com; 30 Major League Teams; $110,000,000.00 Salary Cap
Defunct: No Participants: Multiplayer Openings: Game Version: 6.5a Game Needed: No
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Daily 7AM EST League Time Per Sim: 3 Days 7 Days a Week
Players: Modern Teams: 30 First Season: 2003 Latest Season: 2008 Last Updated: 2006-02-07
Site: angelfire.com/mi4/athfbl/ E-Mail: ATHFBL@gmail.com AIM: Commissioner: RJB7777777

Also could you please use our League Logo as our Avator. Thank you, Rick (RJB7777777) It will be the Avator on your Left on this Post. Thanks again, Rick
I sent you a PM with your new password (I'll also email it as you requested), but I'm going to post a few notes here as well that might be good for others to know too:

-you gave me enough info to figure out which league it was, but if you would have just given me the lg_id, I wouldn't have known what lg it was because your correct lg_id is 00055 not 00005
-it looks like you just copied the info from the "basic profile" and changed some of the data in it... I updated what I could, but you might like to know that there's even more you can update, to see what else you can update you can click on the "full profile" link or update your lg with your new password
-that image in the basic profile is a website preview, you can only see your logo from the "full profile"
-the version options are limited to the major version #s (e.g. 6.5), otherwise when patches (e.g. 6.5a) come out it'd be a major hassle for me to update the options everywhere, so people just need to assume that the league is using the latest patch consistent with the major version listed as they probably should be using anyway
-for "League Time Per Sim" you said, "3 Days 7 Days a Week"... league time per sim means just that, how many days in league time are you simming per sim, by "3 Days 7 Days a Week" I take it you mean you sim league time "3 days" at a time every real life, that "7 days a week" part belongs in the "Export Deadlines Days And Times" field, which you correctly already put as "daily..."
-you have your first season as 2008, but you have your current season as 2007? I assume your first season was still 2004 and your current season is now 2008, unless you restarted the league or something...

Last edited by kq76; 05-21-2006 at 06:25 AM.