Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #21
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
I play a very simple game... no financials... just let the teams play and see what happens.

I long for the day when I can just watch a game play out with realistic animation... that is the ultimate for me.

I want to see my fictional players and dynasty leagues come alive.
Mr. Church I too play a very simple fictional league with no financials, both leagues have the DH and I only allow trading during the offseason every other year and also can't wait to see what improvements they do to the stadiums and 3-D players and animation. Don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait to see what the near future holds.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:39 PM   #22
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUKegman View Post
Mr. Church I too play a very simple fictional league with no financials, both leagues have the DH and I only allow trading during the offseason every other year and also can't wait to see what improvements they do to the stadiums and 3-D players and animation. Don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait to see what the near future holds.
The OOTPB future is good, I think... I've been playing it religiously since OOTP3... and it has really come a long way.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #23
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Maybe the animation will be realistic by OOTP25... hope so... I'm an old codger and can't wait too many more years.

I think a stadium generator is on the agenda for OOTP21... maybe OOTP22... I think that's what Markus said on the Forum... we should have it by OOTP25.
Hi Eugene i'm with you I started in 2003 also am close to 70 so feel like time is running out. Isn't it amazing how this game has grown, anyway just wanted to say hello have a great day...Rick
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #24
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
Hi Eugene i'm with you I started in 2003 also am close to 70 so feel like time is running out. Isn't it amazing how this game has grown, anyway just wanted to say hello have a great day...Rick
I hope to still be playing OOTPB when I'm 90.... currently I am "way over the hill" and "headed for the holler"... the "holler" is the lowest part between two hills... the holler will probably be the end of the line.

If your're just near 70, I think you have a good chance to be around till 90.

Hope OOTP40 is a good version... I hope you enjoy playing it.

By then I will be in the "Happy Hunting Grounds"... hopefully still playing OOTPB... hope Jesus will let me play OOTPB in Heaven.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #25
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Has anybody downloaded OOTP 3D stadiums from the Mods Forum that show the view behind the batter's box... someone mentioned it in an earlier post.

Wish andyjdhz would reply.

I had asked him if the view from the batter's box showed the players larger in that view?... and if you see the entire play from that vantage point, including the fielding and throwing of the ball?

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-15-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #26
andyhdz
All Star Starter

sorry been busy. I only play at home so I can't show the screenshot now since I'm at work.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #27
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

I thought I remembered reading that there were over "300" new animations done with the Green screen and they were going to be added periodically.. I don't believe I have seen anything new since release???
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:11 PM   #28
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
I thought I remembered reading that there were over "300" new animations done with the Green screen and they were going to be added periodically.. I don't believe I have seen anything new since release???
Now that you say that I don't think I have seen it either.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:46 AM   #29
andyhdz
All Star Starter

here is the batter's box views in some of the stadiums. This is from Chukchansi Park. You can do this on your own as well to any stadium you want you just have to mess with the camera which isn't the easiest thing I'm afraid.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #30
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
here is the batter's box views in some of the stadiums. This is from Chukchansi Park. You can do this on your own as well to any stadium you want you just have to mess with the camera which isn't the easiest thing I'm afraid.

Really appreciate you posting the screenshot.

When the ball is hit, does it stay in this same view?
Will the players field and throw the ball in this view?
Or does the screen change to another view automatically and show the regular view?

This is a good view... like the size of the players... thank you for posting it.

Yeah, agree with you... trying to mess with the camera view is a real mess... especially for someone like me who is computer-challenged.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-18-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #31
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Ormondbeachdan;4488901]I thought I remembered reading that there were over "300" new animations done with the Green screen and they were going to be added periodically.. I don't believe I have seen anything new since release???[/QUOTE

I have only played out three games... tried to adjust the views... all I could do was set the player size to maximum 170... and move the camera behind home plate and move it closer to home plate.

After three games, I didn't see any improvement over OOTP19, either.

I think there is less diving by the outfielders... wish they would fix where the ball hits in front of an outfielder deep on the field... and a player gets a double... don't think this would happens in real life... if the ball lands that close to them in front of them that deep and they field it cleanly, they would be able to throw the runner out at second.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-18-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #32
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Eugene Church;4490091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
I thought I remembered reading that there were over "300" new animations done with the Green screen and they were going to be added periodically.. I don't believe I have seen anything new since release???[/QUOTE

I have only played out three games... tried to adjust the views... all I could do was set the player size to maximum 170... and move the camera behind home plate and move it closer to home plate.

After three games, I didn't see any improvement over OOTP19, either.

I think there is less diving by the outfielders... wish they would fix where the ball hits in front of an outfielder deep on the field... and a player gets a double... don't think this would happens in real life... if the ball lands that close to them in front of them that deep and they field it cleanly, they would be able to throw the runner out at second.
This is interesting to me as to my eye there are a great many, albeit mostly rather subtle, improvements in the 3D graphics in OOTP20/XX/whatever. The way I see it, player movements in general, ball flight paths, catcher reactions, bunt plays, pitcher delivery, etc. etc., all have significantly improved in this version.

Keep playing with camera views. They really are pretty limitless in terms of angles you can view the game from. Want to sit behind the third base dugout and watch the game? You can do that. Want to take up a perch in the left field stands? Sure, you can do that. What about getting an overhead/blimp view? Absolutely, if that's something you might enjoy. Now granted, many of these views are not going to be ideal for seeing every bit of every play. And just like attending a game in real life, you might sit somewhere where you have a great view of the right fielder going about his business but if a ball is hit down the left field line there might be an area where the play is out of your view for a bit.
But in answer to the question you posed above in the previous post, views do not change as the play progresses. Wherever you are at the beginning of the play, that is where you will remain. Hopefully eventually the game will have dynamic views that shift during the play to give you the best angle on the action. But that isn't true yet.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #33
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=BirdWatcher;4490108]
Quote:

This is interesting to me as to my eye there are a great many, albeit mostly rather subtle, improvements in the 3D graphics in OOTP20/XX/whatever. The way I see it, player movements in general, ball flight paths, catcher reactions, bunt plays, pitcher delivery, etc. etc., all have significantly improved in this version.

Keep playing with camera views. They really are pretty limitless in terms of angles you can view the game from. Want to sit behind the third base dugout and watch the game? You can do that. Want to take up a perch in the left field stands? Sure, you can do that. What about getting an overhead/blimp view? Absolutely, if that's something you might enjoy. Now granted, many of these views are not going to be ideal for seeing every bit of every play. And just like attending a game in real life, you might sit somewhere where you have a great view of the right fielder going about his business but if a ball is hit down the left field line there might be an area where the play is out of your view for a bit.
But in answer to the question you posed above in the previous post, views do not change as the play progresses. Wherever you are at the beginning of the play, that is where you will remain. Hopefully eventually the game will have dynamic views that shift during the play to give you the best angle on the action. But that isn't true yet.
Birdwatcher, thank you for always helping people with good, complete answers.

I really appreciate OOTP people like you.

I'm sure you know what you are talking about as far as animation... it is apparent to you that subtle improvements have been made... and that's great to hear.

Thanks for letting me know that the action will play out in the current view... and doesn't change views during the play.

As you say, one of these days Markus and the crew will perfect the animation... for me that is my ultimate dream... just to watch a game playout and for my fictional dynasty players to come to life.

I won't switch my dynasty leagues to OOTP20 until the final patch is made to the game... usually that is around July... I want the game to be as good as its going to get when I switch over to it... and I don't mind waiting until then.

I'm sure I will see the improvements at that time.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:10 PM   #34
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Thumbs down

There is one slight workaround to the frozen view. After a play is done you can switch the view and do a replay of the last play and it will be played again in your new view in case you want to see that play again in a better view.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #35
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There is one slight workaround to the frozen view. After a play is done you can switch the view and do a replay of the last play and it will be played again in your new view in case you want to see that play again in a better view.
That's awesome! I never even thought to try that.
Thanks for the tip.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #36
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I can get this Chukchasi Park view behind the catcher with the large players in a default stadium in OOTP20?

Thank for the replay tip.. that's great!

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-18-2019 at 03:58 PM.