Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #21
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Davis View Post
I obviously don't know what is going on with Francis but what ever it is I wish him well and hope he gets through it. But it's 15 months now since the question and answer thread opened and all we have seen is the logo. Surely there is the odd screen shot that can be shared after 15 months? If not it would suggest the game is still along time from away from being released!
absolutely - 15 months from announcement and pretty much zero actual information on its development...getting a bit of a Chinese Democracy vibe about this project that it simply will not come to fruition
Old 05-04-2015, 09:06 AM   #22
joshbrady91
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, its been ages! heard nothing on the game at all!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #23
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
absolutely - 15 months from announcement and pretty much zero actual information on its development...getting a bit of a Chinese Democracy vibe about this project that it simply will not come to fruition
Did I say there was zero information on the development, umm NO!

Did I say the release date seems a long way off and we've seen zero screen shots, Umm YES!

SMH!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #24
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
After I posted my response to garion early today, I was perusing around this subforum and located the unsourced quotes that garion quoted, which were posted within the 40-something page FAQ thread. As you can see, literally all of my posts on this forum are in this very thread. Needless to say, I'm not up on the day-to-day of this forum or the BTS topic since I really only check-in periodically. I apologize if my "thread bump" came off as insensitive. It seems that it may have been untimely and I was unaware of that.

garion, there is probably a more diplomatic way to address posts like mine instead of flying off and calling me a disrespectful jerk. We may all be better off if you leave the moderation to the mods.

I will continue to wait patiently for the debut of BTS, will check back in a few weeks/months, and remain a loyal customer.
Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to throw you specifically under the bus, but didn't think it appropriate to say something in the FAQ thread (since it's for questions). Yes, you got caught in the crossfire a bit there from the FAQ thread and other threads, but if you're so excited about the game how come you aren't checking what is really the most relevant thread for the game? I mean, you guys want updates and the FAQ thread is where Francis has updated the most! Sure, no release date, no screenshots, but he's discussed what is locked down and what is out along with some of his views on things. If all you want is a release date I'm sure OOTPD will post it everywhere for the world to see.

As far as the minimod stuff, I honestly felt like it needed to be said. Brad has repeatedly asked people to be patient and that he can't say anything else, yet people continue to beg for updates. I was probably not entirely in the right, but it didn't seem to me that Brad's polite responses were satisfying people, so a little bit of tough love was what I attempted to do, perhaps a bit more vehement in it than intended.

I get it, I want this game to come out more than any other game I can think of, but when something serious happens in a person's life, whatever that may be, we need to give them some space. You know, have a little (more) respect. I've spent many years on forums so I take minimodding very seriously and didn't do it on a whim. People feel like they're owed something, which is just silly because they're not. It is a tough pill to swallow and makes me want to rage against the dying of the light, but it is what it is. No amount of bugging for updates will get us a different one than "please be patient". Rock and hard place and all that.

But anyway, like I said, I get it. You didn't see the other posts from Brad, it's cool. Didn't mean to make it seem like a personal attack. Not trying to crap on people here, I know how awesome I'm hoping this game will be and can imagine how the rest of you feel.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #25
csingle33
Bat Boy

I just discovered this upcoming game today, and I am hella excited for it whenever it comes out. I've been playing football video games since NES Play Action Football, but it was the franchise mode on the late 00's Maddens that were absolutely the most addicting thing that I've ever encountered. I didn't play the games, I always simmed them and acted as the GM, because Madden started to get really bad as they tried to make it more "realistic". That led me into playing the soccer manager games, which were awesome! I've been hoping somebody would make a fully fleshed-out version of the Madden franchise mode for years! Head Coach was too focused on coaching, and the plays from the play editor never worked, because apparently nobody at EA Sports knows how blocking schemes work, and Madden franchise had severely limited options. If this game comes out anything like an (American) football version of Football Manager, then it will be my absolute favorite game ever! Here's to hoping everything works out for Brad! Also, I'd be stoked to be selected for the beta whenever it happens!
Old 05-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #26
BradC
All Star Starter

I'm fine. Francis is the developer, and as before, I can't say anything about his current situation. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is right now.

As a PR/marketing guy, I'm acutely aware that that is frustrating for our customers to hear, but, again, please bear with us.

RE "Chinese Democracy": I hope no one is comparing Francis to Axl Rose.

Finally, I would like to go on the record as saying that Neil Gaiman's blog post is something that every fan of anything should read every once in a while for a little perspective on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csingle33 View Post
Here's to hoping everything works out for Brad! Also, I'd be stoked to be selected for the beta whenever it happens!
Old 05-12-2015, 06:21 AM   #27
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I'm fine. Francis is the developer, and as before, I can't say anything about his current situation. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is right now.

As a PR/marketing guy, I'm acutely aware that that is frustrating for our customers to hear, but, again, please bear with us.

RE "Chinese Democracy": I hope no one is comparing Francis to Axl Rose.

Finally, I would like to go on the record as saying that Neil Gaiman's blog post is something that every fan of anything should read every once in a while for a little perspective on things.
Hi Brad

As a PR/Marketing guy do you not think some screen shots to wet the appetite of your potential new customers would be a good thing? The lack of information reference a potential release date or screen shots is pushing me back towards FOF. Just saying

thanks
Old 05-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #28
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hi Brad

As a PR/Marketing guy do you not think some screen shots to wet the appetite of your potential new customers would be a good thing? The lack of information reference a potential release date or screen shots is pushing me back towards FOF. Just saying

thanks
Sir, just drop it. Personal health is more important than a stupid screenshot. You might be pulled back to FOF but you will be pulled back to BTS as soon as information is released, no matter how long the wait is.

Just drop it.

Last edited by dumbrabbit; 05-12-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #29
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrabbit View Post
Sir, just drop it. Personal health is more important than a stupid screenshot. You might be pulled back to FOF but you will be pulled back to BTS as soon as information is released, no matter how long the wait is.

Just drop it.
I'm asking the Marketing guy Brad as he does the marketing as he mentioned prior to you comment, the hint to who i directed my question to was the "Hi Brad" i started my post with! I am sure Brad can answer questions directed at him.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #30
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I'm asking the Marketing guy Brad as he does the marketing as he mentioned prior to you comment, the hint to who i directed my question to was the "Hi Brad" i started my post with! I am sure Brad can answer questions directed at him.
Doesn't matter. I don't think he has much authority either when it comes to screenshots. Needs permission from Francis or Markus(not sure which) to post it.

The game is not going to be released any time soon anyway, and if they post a screenshot about it, and if it's one you don't like you'll be asking for more. It's better off for them to just keep quiet about it, in my opinion.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #31
BradC
All Star Starter

Yes, I would need permission to post a screenshot.

Again, the lack of screenshots and other things is due to something that I'm not at liberty to discuss, so there's nothing more that can be said right now.

Our forums have subscription functions beyond the threads: You can subscribe to an entire forum, so you're alerted when new threads appear. I would recommend using that function so you're notified when something new pops up. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #32
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Again, the lack of screenshots and other things is due to something that I'm not at liberty to discuss, so there's nothing more that can be said right now.

Our forums have subscription functions beyond the threads: You can subscribe to an entire forum, so you're alerted when new threads appear. I would recommend using that function so you're notified when something new pops up. Thanks.
hmmmmmmmmmm, thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 AM   #33
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:

I have learned through Franchise Hockey Manager to accept that when there is some news to tell the community about a game OOTP tend to be pretty good. It maybe be frustrating at times waiting for the updates but they are usually worth it when they are posted.

However, this last one seems a bit more concerning than the usual wait and we will give you news when we have it and indeed makes for worrying reading regarding this project. You would think that a developer who is trying to build a customer base would after a considerable amount of time working on a game be at least willing to release a screenshot of the game to show people what it was like. Two questions spring to mind. 1) Is Francis still working on the game? 2) Is Francis still working on the game for OOTP?

Last edited by Penfold75; 05-13-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Unfortunately, we do not have good news:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-may-13th.html
Old 05-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #35
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Old 05-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #36
spiker
Bat Boy

What an unfortunate situation for Francis and his family. I wish him well and hope for a full recovery.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:53 AM   #37
whouse85
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Beyond the Sideline update?

I gave up on the game a while back. I understand personal issues, but one guy being out shutting down a company's entire game development is something I do not understand.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:00 AM   #38
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouse85 View Post
I gave up on the game a while back. I understand personal issues, but one guy being out shutting down a company's entire game development is something I do not understand.
That is why they are looking for a second developer to work on the game while Francis is recovering...
Old 06-20-2015, 02:02 AM   #39
whouse85
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No one will be able to do it like him, so I wouldn't get too excited.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:20 AM   #40
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouse85 View Post
No one will be able to do it like him, so I wouldn't get too excited.
How can you say that? What Francis has said is encouraging, but we haven't even seen a screenshot. How do you know that someone else won't come in and help?