Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #1
TomWittum
Bat Boy

Historical leagues?

First off I would like to thank all for making a game I had hoped for nearly a decade would get made.

With that said I have a few questions about the upcoming game.

I can definitely say that the reason I got so hooked on OotP is the historical leagues. Like so many others I have spent most if not all my time replaying historical leagues and generally stop once I get to the present.

Q. Will we see a complete historical option like we see in OotP?

Also of course the goal is to be as historically accurate as possible. Statistics like in baseball are something we all want to see as close to accurate as possible. One area that baseball and football definitely diverge is injuries. While baseball has had some guys with career shortening injuries football has been a sport where career ending injuries are common place.

Q2. I am hoping that a mode will be set in place that players might have the chance to not get injured and there careers get the chance to play out. Is this a possibility? Of course this is assuming there will be a historical league.

Thanks again for taking on this task. Just like OotP I know this is the beginning and it will take probably many editions to get it perfected but just the mere fact it is finally getting done gives many of us reason to cheer!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

1)Historic.
Not in V1. I think we have to be realistic about what can be done for V1 and not overextend ourselves. The Football of today is almost a different sport to the Football of early year.
It's far better for V1 to have modern day NFL 100% right and not historic stuff, rather than a half done modern day system and a half done historic system.
1.5)Of course injuries will play a much more important role. We even have a whole separate screen (The Health Map) for them for every player!

Last edited by Francis Cole; 02-02-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If I could pick only one Historical Minor League it would be The Continental Football League(1965-69).
Old 02-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
millhousebc
Minors (Double A)

With the problems that Franchise Hockey has gone through, I am glad to hear you are focused on getting the first aspect of the game correct and then building off that in future versions.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
slic1149
Major Leagues

This may be an impossibility but I thought I would mention it. I understand and agree with your reluctance to include historical play in the first edition of your game. OTOH, would it make sense to only go back to the beginning of the current 32 team league? This would eliminate coding for expansions and NFL gameplay during this period of time is similar to what we see now.

My thought is, if this is possible, it would give you a head start on coding for a more robust historical sim and for those of us who enjoy historical gaming it might give us a small taste of things to come. I totally respect your commitment to putting out a great game right from the beginning. As a historical gamer I am also selfish enough to ask for a small slice of bread even if I can't have the whole loaf.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slic1149 View Post
This would eliminate coding for expansions and NFL gameplay during this period of time is similar to what we see now.
In regards to expansion, there ought to be some sort of expansion (and dispersal) draft in the first version of the game for fictional league players.