Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
Skelter
Bat Boy

Late to the party, but suggestions:

I'm a long time football sim player, and I'm currently playing PFS, which is a very good game in and of itself. These are some suggestions that I have made to the developer about things that PFS does NOT currently have but probably should, so some of these may be in the plan already, so take them for what they are. Enjoy.

1) In Game "Mass Updates" for everything- Age, size, height, weight, contract lengths, etc. Also you should be able to update by position, age, or even team; IE: Every player on the New Orleans Saints gets a +2 to strength or whatever.

2) Player Rotation- You should be able to set players to rotate- IE: I wanna play this D-Lineman on 3rd and long, I wanna play this RB when the starter's energy is at 70%, or I wanna play this OT when we're up by 28 points or more

3) Defensive "Coverages"- You should be able to put your defense in "coverages", not just formations- IE, We're in 4-3, yea, but are we in man to man, cover 2, cover 3, prevent, etc? I have some more ideas about this, but I'll keep em to myself for now.

4) The option to go for 2- We should be able to go for 2 any time we want. Or never. Or anything in between.

5) Onside kicks- Same thing as going for 2. Any time. Never. Sometimes. Whatever.

6) Guided Training- Right now in PFS the training system is so ridiculously random, your offensive linemen have as good a chance to get better at kick accuracy as they do at run blocking. Please have a reasonable training system.

7) Guided blitzes- You should be able to pick who you want blitzing. I *never* want my middle backer with 68 speed blitzing. I *always* want my strong safety with 92 speed blitzing.

Probably a lot more stuff to suggest, but I know nothing of BTS yet, so I'll just rest on that stuff for now

Like I said, these are all things I've suggested to the developer of PFS and have never heard so much as a "Screw you" about them. Maybe he'll do em, maybe he wont, but I'd sure love to play a game that DID have those things.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Very quickly:

1)No. You can edit players individually though (I worked on the editor today in fact!)
2)Yes, not sure how to what extent it will be though.
3)Yep, already in
4)You choose the plays, up to you if you go for 2 or not.
5)see above
6)Obviously DL won't train at kicking.
7)You call the plays, so you decide who blitzes. It's a bit more involved than "he has 78 speed so choose him" though.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
Very quickly:

4)You choose the plays, up to you if you go for 2 or not.
5)see above
7)You call the plays, so you decide who blitzes. It's a bit more involved than "he has 78 speed so choose him" though.
What if you are just playing the GM role and not calling plays. Is there a way to build tendencies for certain situations?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
Skelter
Bat Boy

Quote:
Very quickly:

1)No. You can edit players individually though (I worked on the editor today in fact!)
That's great at least that you can indeed edit players. My main reasoning behind wanting more mass editing options in PFS is so you can alter an entire draft class at once- For example, lets say League X wants some better QBs since all their current ones kind of suck, so they mass edit their QBs only. Another league, League Y, decides that they want to tune down all the incoming draft classes by 20% in every stat, so they do a mass edit of every incoming draft class to make them clearly not as good as older players.

Just a thought. Glad you seem on board with all the other stuff, and thanks for the response. Glad to know yall are working on this game and I look forward to being a part of it.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

lol late to the party? We are still over 1 year away
Old 02-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Very quickly:

1)No. You can edit players individually though (I worked on the editor today in fact!)...
Francis, what about an option to have multiple players on a screen kind of like a spreadsheet where editing can occur one player at a time, but where several players (sortable of course) are shown. Then, when you're done, scroll down/up or whatever, and click "save"?

Something like this could be a navigation time saver.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

IMO, that kind of stuff should saved for an out-of-game editor, rather than be part of the game itself. As long as the save files are in a standard format (or a format that's made public, anyway) DB editors can be written to do that kind of mass database style updates to players, etc.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #8
BradC
All Star Starter

Yes, you'll be able to create strategies, like in OOTP, and your coaching staff will have certain tendencies, so you can hire and fire the coaches you want to fit your style of play (a grinding ground game vs. an aerial attack, a defense that blitzes a lot vs. one that's more conservative, etc.).

Francis may have an idea at this point how granular the strategy settings will be, such as "Run 90% of the time on 1st and 10 in the first quarter, when the score is tied or I'm ahead, or behind by no more than 10 points." That would work like OOTP's drop downs, I assume, but don't quote me - Francis will have the last word there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore121 View Post
What if you are just playing the GM role and not calling plays. Is there a way to build tendencies for certain situations?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #9
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Yes, you'll be able to create strategies, like in OOTP, and your coaching staff will have certain tendencies, so you can hire and fire the coaches you want to fit your style of play (a grinding ground game vs. an aerial attack, a defense that blitzes a lot vs. one that's more
I really have no idea but I would guess that if you wanted to you could edit a your coaches so they exactly fit your strategy. Or you could make a fictional coach with your name or whatever.