Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
Great news! Really excited for this. I do have a question regarding feeder leagues.

You mentioned the inclusion of College Division 1-A teams, are we able to customize the college league structure and the teams?

Would we be able to add additional feeder leagues to the College Division 1-A teams (ex. High School/JUCO)? Is this something that you would consider adding in the future?
This will not be possible in V1, but something we'll likely add in a future version of the game.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 AM   #22
Kobeck
Major Leagues

the colleges are not playable, fine, but really please consider adding the lower divisions as well.

with hardware the way it is today the ammount of games should not be an issue.

Matter of fact just make college totally moddable, possibly a minimum size would be arguably acceptable - lol

cant tell you how excited I am that Jim has some competition
Old 01-31-2014, 07:48 AM   #23
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Will we be able to edit whatever BTS will have like OOTP has the World default.XML to add our own fictional cities & nations? And if so would I be able to start in 2003 with 10 total teams and expand every few seasons until I get to 32 teams? Or will I have to start with 32 teams?
BTS utilizes the same world database (including the XML) as OOTP, yes.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 AM   #24
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will the playoff format be the same for every league?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #25
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Great news!

Question - It was mentioned that realism is the goal of BTS (which is great) but in future versions will the amount of customization similar in scope to what's found in OOTP for example, be added?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #26
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Will the playoff format be the same for every league?
This is something that we cannot say for sure right now. The OOTP code base offers customizable playoffs, but we'll have to see if we can utilize this for BTS as the whole topic is incredibly complex.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:21 AM   #27
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
Great news!

Question - It was mentioned that realism is the goal of BTS (which is great) but in future versions will the amount of customization similar in scope to what's found in OOTP for example, be added?

Thanks!
It'll be expanded from version to version, yes. But our primary focus for V1 is to get the NFL 100% right, and then go from there...
Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #28
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It'll be expanded from version to version, yes. But our primary focus for V1 is to get the NFL 100% right, and then go from there...
Thanks for the answer, Markus! That is exactly the answer I was hoping for

Best of luck to you and your company as you expand your gaming selection. I was with you from V1 of OOTP, I'm with you on V1 of FHM, and I'll definitely be with you with V1 of BTS Football.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #29
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Somewhere down the road after the ability to design your own plays is instituted, are there thoughts of possibly having head-to-head games in "Coaching mode" online. Having this available in a career based, online League environment would fill a gap that has been left open since the crashing and burning of the Sierra Series, FB Pro 98 set the standard, 99 Killed the series. Being a 50 year old man I have no desire to test my hand-eye coordination against other people. But I have every desire to out coach them with plays of my own design in a real-time Game online.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 01-31-2014, 08:37 AM   #30
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Orioles.. dude... You are asking good questions, but there's a specific thread at the top stickied for Q & A ... Why not ask your questions there instead of making your own thread, so all the information stays together and questions are asked and answered in one spot, as opposed to this thread eventually falling off the front page and others having to reask the same questions???
Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 AM   #31
da commish
All Star Reserve

financial aspects

This is great news!! I've been hoping that OOTP would develop a US football game so I was very excited to see the announcement. Now my non-work life will be completely filled with OOTP.

Can you provide more info on the financial aspects of the game, what will be included (stadiums, etc.) and how much control we will have over that? Will there be a general manager mode similar to OOTP Baseball, etc.?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #32
Sgran
Bat Boy

I'm really excited about this. I really enjoyed Front Office Football and I hope this game carries the torch forward.

Please tell me what kind of feedback we're going to get on offensive line play.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #33
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
Orioles.. dude... You are asking good questions, but there's a specific thread at the top stickied for Q & A ... Why not ask your questions there instead of making your own thread, so all the information stays together and questions are asked and answered in one spot, as opposed to this thread eventually falling off the front page and others having to reask the same questions???
I have merged both threads
Old 01-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
This is great news!! I've been hoping that OOTP would develop a US football game so I was very excited to see the announcement. Now my non-work life will be completely filled with OOTP.

Can you provide more info on the financial aspects of the game, what will be included (stadiums, etc.) and how much control we will have over that? Will there be a general manager mode similar to OOTP Baseball, etc.?
It's too early to comment on this. How detailed the financial system will be is not yet determined.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #35
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I am excited and I so would love to be able to control college football as well as pro. But still excited about the beginnings of at least pro football. As I love college football more than pro since college is a lot more exciting to watch. I can understand how college football applications would take a while longer since the rules change all the time and recruitment of high school players and walk-ons. Where as pros is much simpler.

Thanks OOTP management team for bringing American Football to us. Now I have two things to get excited about the new baseball game and now this WOOHOO
Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #36
vonschiller
Bat Boy

Thanks for the message in my inbox this morning, guys! This is very exciting! As someone who's played around with both OOTP and FM, I'm sure BTS will be a smashing success.

So, first question: what will our role be? Will we simply be the overarching in-control-of-everything front office guru, or is there a chance that we start as a coordinator, working our way up to a head coaching job?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:18 AM   #37
beorn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
Please tell me what kind of feedback we're going to get on offensive line play.
I second this.

It's kind of like fielding in a baseball sim. Really important, and very observable to a real life GM, but difficult to reduce to useful stats. (OOTP has made great strides in this area with fielding.)
Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #38
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Arena League has a Different set of Rules and uses Arena's where they play so how's that going to effect game?

E. League option?

Random Historical Draft Classes?

College football has Spring Practices so those are technically Spring Games and Arena League starts in the Spring but after the Draft?

Live by Play? Meaning have announcers and seeing the Players on the field? 3D engine?

Draft like in real life meaning going 3 days and Trades really happening in it?

Super Bowl Week? Pro Bowl? Player Transaction News in Team News like on 9-25 the Jags put Tommy Maddox on IRL and called up from Practice Squad Chad Hanne?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #39
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

that's so true American football lives and dies on the Offensive and defensive lines doesn't matter if its High school or College or pro.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 AM   #40
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I loved Arena football until they had that one year Hiatus and my team left the league and has not returned and likely wont again therefore obviously my interest in Arena football has slipped a bit. I still love it though