Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 03-08-2024, 02:37 AM   #1
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

March Madness Kentucky could be a 1 seed?

Could Kentucky end up being a 1 seed in March Madness?

I have not paid attention to Bracketology in years, as I personally believe it has no relevance at all towards March Madness. It is simply a weekly prediction throughout the season.

I have a friend that follows Bracketology heavily. When I looked at it I saw Kentucky was a 4 seed. I looked at the top 25, and noticed that 4-25 all had between 6-8 losses. This was last week.

He said that Kentucky was going to be a 3/4 seed in march madness. My response was If Kentucky wins all of their games (likely two against #4 Tennessee, and 2-3 other top 25 teams in the SEC tournament, they could finish as a 1 seed, and if not that easily a 2 seed).

This factored in that most of the teams ahead of them were going to beat up on each other. Only teams I saw that could be a problem in stopping that from happening was Duke, North Carolina, or Arizona. Duke and UNC will battle each other, if one of the teams wins both, it might be hard for Kentucky to jump ahead of that team. Arizona has such a weak conference, which allows them to have the record they do. Put that team in a stronger conference I don't see the #5 in the nation. But its hard to see AZ losing another game, which could trump my thought.

If Kentucky loses 1 more game, I don't see them having a chance at a 1 seed. But if they win every game until March Madness, I think they have a chance.
Samueltbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 02:43 AM   #2
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueltbaum View Post
Could Kentucky end up being a 1 seed in March Madness?

I have not paid attention to Bracketology in years, as I personally believe it has no relevance at all towards March Madness. It is simply a weekly prediction throughout the season.

I have a friend that follows Bracketology heavily. When I looked at it I saw Kentucky was a 4 seed. I looked at the top 25, and noticed that 4-25 all had between 6-8 losses. This was last week.

He said that Kentucky was going to be a 3/4 seed in march madness. My response was If Kentucky wins all of their games (likely two against #4 Tennessee, and 2-3 other top 25 teams in the SEC tournament, they could finish as a 1 seed, and if not that easily a 2 seed).

This factored in that most of the teams ahead of them were going to beat up on each other. Only teams I saw that could be a problem in stopping that from happening was Duke, North Carolina, or Arizona. Duke and UNC will battle each other, if one of the teams wins both, it might be hard for Kentucky to jump ahead of that team. Arizona has such a weak conference, which allows them to have the record they do. Put that team in a stronger conference I don't see the #5 in the nation. But its hard to see AZ losing another game, which could trump my thought.

If Kentucky loses 1 more game, I don't see them having a chance at a 1 seed. But if they win every game until March Madness, I think they have a chance.
That all being said. In the last 12 years, I have accurately picked 1 team in the final game 10 times. (last year I had picked UCONN, but in my last lookover I switched it to Texas I think). 7 of those years I have chose the champion to win it, 6 of the 12 of those years I accurately picked both teams, and 3 of those I accurately picked the National Champion.

Its a random thing to be good at, but I've had great success with it. I spend hours prepping my bracket every year. I think March Madness is the most thrilling time of the year for sports. So many games, wire to wire matchups, upsets, etc.
Samueltbaum is offline   Reply With Quote