Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
Sessh8990
Bat Boy

In Scouting: When do international players turn into Minor/Major League

In my Dynasty, I usually have a good scout in amateur and minor league scouting and usually do a split of 20/35/45/0 for my scouting. The thinking being you can usually count on big signing bonuses allow for better players and there is only so much impact signing internationally can have when there is a hard cap (1-2 players per year).

I was curious if anyone knew maybe after a year or two of being in your system or in someone else’s system the scouting goes from international to minor league or if you are kind of stuck until he hits the majors.

I would like to make some deals with or for my players but I can’t be sure if the OSA rating is more accurate than my rating.
Sessh8990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
dedtired
Bat Boy

I would assume it's when they move to the mino league system - either at 20 or when you move them over.
dedtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessh8990 View Post
In my Dynasty, I usually have a good scout in amateur and minor league scouting and usually do a split of 20/35/45/0 for my scouting. The thinking being you can usually count on big signing bonuses allow for better players and there is only so much impact signing internationally can have when there is a hard cap (1-2 players per year).

I was curious if anyone knew maybe after a year or two of being in your system or in someone else’s system the scouting goes from international to minor league or if you are kind of stuck until he hits the majors.

Read this:

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...outing_budgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessh8990 View Post
I would like to make some deals with or for my players but I can’t be sure if the OSA rating is more accurate than my rating.
OSA is not good, but your settings, luck, your budget, the age of the player, his playtime, and level all have an effect on the accuracy. (Probably a couple more things too.) In my game, about 80% of the players are relatively accurate (+/- 5%), but depending on the factors I listed, I found that 20% are significantly overrated or underrated when compared to "perfect" scouting. Of course, 5% is a big number if you scout high when it's low, but OSA can have much bigger misses.

Under default settings, everyone will be more accurate scouting a 30-year old MLB veteran than an 18-year old in the amateur draft.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 06-02-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:15 AM   #4
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

A question relating to this: Do players in the International Complex get a green "up" arrow next to their name when the game thinks they are ready to be promoted to Rookie ball like the other minor league levels?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:44 AM   #5
Trauma One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've never seen a green up arrow for complex players.
Trauma One is offline   Reply With Quote