Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 10-31-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

MLB Manager 2016 Suggestions

Here are my suggestions on what I think should be added into the next game.
  • Fix fantasy mode. I mentioned it before, fantasy leagues still have 16 teams in one league and 14 in the other. It's high time that this is fixed to 15-15.
  • Fix player morale swings. If a minor leaguer is on the DL then is demoted, his morale will decrease even if he doesn't have any major league expectations. I thnk the whole morale system has to be redone in MLBM 16
  • More in-depth transactions, especially the inclusion of waivers.
  • More realistic budgets. Currently, they're all way too high. It makes sense for them to be that high on OOTP 16 because you need to factor in other expenses such as scouting and staff, but in MLBM it's just player payrolls that you have to worry about. The Reds having a payroll of 150M is ridiculous.
  • A more balanced amateur draft. There are always just a handful of 5 star players, then the rest are pretty bad. There should be a balance of good players, or at least let there be a greater chance of say a 3 star potential player exceeding his initial potential. Right now, players rarely even reach their potentials. This has to be fixed as well.
  • Drafted starters have to be fixed as well. You can never draft a decent starter unless you have a top 5 pick. Pitchers are always relief, it seems. There needs to be a better way to handle your pitches and for them to develop EITHER into starters OR into releivers, not have their fate decided before they're even drafted.

That's all I can think of right now, but I will add more as I think of them.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
Soxfanjh
Bat Boy

MLB manager 2016 release date

Is there any word as to when a MLB manager 2016 will be released on the App Store? I just haven't heard anything about it.
Soxfanjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I mainly play MLB Manager in One-Pitch mode. I would love to finally see the ball/strike count added to the field view. I'd also love to be able to take a pitch even when the count has two strikes. I hate having to hit swing when I don't want to swing. It too often says I've struck out on a bad pitch, which I'd love to avoid.

Last edited by curtneedsaride; 03-05-2016 at 05:53 PM.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
honeycuttan
New User

Smile UX Improvements

First, MLBM15 is an amazing game - easily the most addictive mobile game I've ever played. Second, of course I'd like it to be even more realistic (full minor league system, ability to (easily) trade more than 3 players at a time, etc.).

...but I'd like to focus on what I see as relatively simple UX improvements that wouldn't require an overhaul of the game engine, just the UI flow.

- When attempting to add a player to a full active roster from the DL or minors, instead of showing an "Active roster full" alert, take us directly to the active roster so that we can choose the player to demote without having to navigate away from where we are, go to the active roster to make our change, and then navigate back to finally add the player to the active roster. This is an extremely frequent use case during a season and is the #1 place where time is wasted fighting the UI instead of playing the game.

- When making an in-game substitution, there should be some way to see ratings outside of the "big four" that are standard for hitting and pitching ratings/potential. For example, it would be very useful to see bunting ability and splits as I'm making a substitution. If it's a screen real estate thing, you could swap out some of the less useful views for this context. Splits and bunting ability are much more pertinent to the in-game situation than Financial Info (or even potential), for example. Even better, show us splits against the handedness of the current pitcher on the mound so that we don't have to navigate back to the pitcher or opponent view. On a similar note, as I'm choosing a reliever, it would be great to see the current batter's splits.

There are many other areas for potential UX improvements, but let's start with those.
honeycuttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yesterday, I picked up OOTP17 and MLB Manager 2016. And I'm a little disappointed with MLBM16 this year. I mostly play one-pitch mode, so I can finish a game quickly. But, since it offers the Take Pitch option when batting, I use it and seem to get more walks. However, if I have 2 strikes, I can't take the pitch. And I want that option in one-pitch mode, as well as the pitch count on screen. There's plenty of room to put it next to the outs.

Also, during my first game, I've already noticed the commentary goes behind the cartoony announcer, instead of staying within the commentary box and wrapping in a more attractive, readable fashion. That commentary should be an easy fix. And I'd prefer a faceless announcer (like a dark silhouette) or a more classy black and white image (more realistic looking). The cartoons look well done, I just don't think the cartoon style goes with the game.

And finally, I would like to see this game's save system function like Football Manager Mobile. When you manually save, you can return to that exact moment every time you load that save. Currently it auto saves after every game whether you manually save or not, rendering the whole option to manually save completely redundant. So if I lose a game, I'll never be able to replay it to get the tactics right. I'm always going to load that file after that game, instead of being able to load my manual save at the point when I made it. Does that make sense?
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote