Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #41
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Monday, April 24th, 2017
Amalie Arena - Tampa, FL
Attendance - 19,204 (sellout)

Game Five - NHL Playoffs (Tampa Bay Lightning/Buffalo Sabres)

2nd - (1:00) Jonathan Drouin (2), Assisted by: Jason Garrison (4) & Slater Koekkuek (3)
2nd - (9:44) Tyler Johnson (2), Assisted by: Ondrej Palat (3)

3rd - (4:55) Brian Hart (1), Assisted by: Ondrej Palat (4) & Tyler Johnson (4)
3rd - (10:29) Victor Hedman (3), Assisted by: Ondrej Palat (5) & Tyler Johnson (5)
3rd - (11:24) Victor Hedman (4), Assisted by: Steven Stamkos (4)

Robin Lehner stopped 35 of 40 shots
Ben Bishop stopped all 30 shots.

Final Score: Tampa Bay Lightning (5) - Buffalo Sabres (0)

The Lightning lead the Sabres in the series 3-2.

We were never in this game and Bishop was on his game in net. And now the Sabres are behind the 8-ball.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #42
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
First Niagara Center - Buffalo, NU
Attendance - 19,070 (sellout)

Game Six - NHL Playoffs (Tampa Bay Lightning/Buffalo Sabres)

1st - (2:00) Zemgus Girgensons (1), Assisted by: Josh Gorges (4) & Beau Bennett (1)
1st - (9:35) Cody Franson (1), Assisted by: Luke Schenn (3) & Phil Varone (1)

2nd - (3:19) Beau Bennett (2), Assisted by: Nicolas Deslauriers (2) & Cody Franson (4)
2nd - (11:16) Ondrej Palat (1), Assisted by: Brian Hart (1) & Tyler Johnson (6)

3rd - (5:50) Jason Garrison (1), Assisted by: Steven Stamkos (5) & Slater Koekkoek (4)

Linus Ullmark stopped 34 of 36 shots
Ben Bishop stopped 24 of 27 shots.

Final Score: Buffalo Sabres (3) - Tampa Bay Lightning (2)

The series is deadlocked at 3.

Beau Bennett with his second huge goal of the series...netting what proved to be the game-winner in this one. Ullmark gets the start in net for the Sabres and plays strongly....facing a furious charge by Tampa in the 3rd period and coming out on top.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #43
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I must admit, when we went down 2 games to none early in this series, I was very skeptical about our chances....but we hung tough and now we face 1 last game to determine the winner of this series.

Game 7 is in Tampa, and the home team has won every game this series, so we have to buck the trend win this series.

Rasmuth Ristolainen is a bit nicked up, but plans to play. Jack Eichel has been quiet since returning to the lineup, but just his presence on the ice forces Tampa to pay attention to him and sometimes just that opens up plays for his line mates.

Beau Bennett is the toast of the town following his huge goal the other day. He's a solid kid and if he continues to improve, he could find himself playing more of a role on this club in the next few seasons.

So, on to game 7 and no matter what the result, this has been such a successful season for the Sabres. This has been a thrilling series and it's great that our fans have experienced some seriously fun and thrilling playoff hockey again, after a bit of a drought.

In the meantime, I need to think about what moves I need to make for next season....and I think I'm going to have to make at least one unpopular decision....but that's for later. For now, lets enjoy this!

Last edited by Rasmuth; 11-01-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #44
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Friday, April 28th, 2017
Amalie Arena - Tampa, FL
Attendance - 19,204 (sellout)

Game Seven! - NHL Playoffs (Tampa Bay Lightning/Buffalo Sabres)

1st - (0.57) Slater Koekkuek (1), Assisted by: Cedric Paquette (1) & Valtteri Filppula (1)
1st - (6:43) Beau Bennett (3), Assisted by: Luke Schenn (4) & Cody Franson (5)
1st - (15:18) Rasmus Ristolainen (1pp), Assisted by: Zach Bogosian (1) & Zemgus Girgensons (2)
1st - (19:32) Jack Eichel (1), Assisted by: Ryan O'Reilly (3) & Cody Franson (6)

2nd - (1:17) Cody Franson (2), Assisted by: Sam Reinhart (3) & Evander Kane (5)
2nd - (4:57) Jason Garrison (2), Assisted by: Valtteri Filppula (2) & Cedric Paquette (2)
2nd - (6:14) Jonathan Drouin (3), Assisted by: Steven Stamkos (6) & Ryan Callahan (1)
2nd - (18:56) Tyler Johnson (3pp), Assisted by: Victor Hedman (1)
2nd - (19:34) Cedric Paquette (1), Assisted by: Nikita Kucherov (2)

3rd - (19:46) Ondray Palat (2 eng), Assisted by: Brian Hart (2) & Tyler Johnson (7)

Linus Ullmark stopped 18 of 23 shots
Robin Lehner stopped 6 of 6 shots
Ben Bishop stopped 38 of 42 shots.

Final Score: Tampa Bay Lightning (6) - Buffalo Sabres (4)

The Tampa Bay Lightning eliminate the Buffalo Sabres 4-3.

The Sabres 2016/17 season is now over.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #45
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Losing is never acceptable, but the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup and surprisingly, my Sabres gave them as tough a test as possible...7 games.

I'm proud of this team. The playoffs in year 2 of tenure, and we took the eventual Stanley Cup champs to the brink.

I'm hesitant to admit...we are ahead of schedule.

Last edited by Rasmuth; 11-02-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:23 AM   #46
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Here are the NHL Awards for 2016/17:

Top Goalscorer Award: 47-Steven Stamkos (Lightning) - (47g-47a-94p)
NHL Scoring Leader: 97-Claude Giroux (Flyers) - (57g-40a-97p)
NHL +/- Leader: +58 - Elias Lindholm (NYR) - (26g-45a-71p)
NHL Defenceman of the Year: Alan Pietrangelo (St.Louis) - (9g-57a-66p) and a +34 plus/minus.
NHL Best Defensive Forward: Patrice Bergeron (Boston) - (20g-55a-75p) and +3 plus/minus.
NHL Goalie of the Year: Calvin Pickard (Carolina) - (33W-23L-4OTL, .914 sv pct., 2.30 g/a average and 7 shutouts.)
Save % Award: Petr Mrazek (Detroit) - .924
Goals Against Award: Jake Allen (St.Louis) - 1.95gaa
NHL MVP: Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh) - (31g-59a-90p)
NHL Playoffs MVP: Victor Hedman (Lightning) - (24 games - 1g-15a-16p) and a +4 plus/minus
NHL Rookie of the Year: Mitch Marner (Toronto) - (82 games - 17g-39a-56p) +/- 0
NHL GM of the Year: Don Maloney (Arizona)

Last edited by Rasmuth; 11-02-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:32 AM   #47
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

The Buffalo Sabres had 7 picks in the 2017 NHL draft.

(18) Rd.1 - D Timothy Liljegren - (18) 3.0a/4.5a
(48) Rd.2 - C Jack Studnicka - (18) 3.0b/4.5b
(59) Rd.3 - C Patrick Hrehorcak - (18) 3.0b/4.5b
(78) Rd.3 - G Jan Koziak - (18) 3.0b/4.0b
(108) Rd.4 - W David Zmeska - (18) 3.0b/4.0b
(138) Rd.5 - C Adam Darbyshire - (18) 3.0b/4.0b
(168) Rd.6 - D Stephen Viglas - (20) 3.5b/3.5b

It is expected that none of the players will have an immediate impact on the parent club.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:41 AM   #48
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

June 27th, 2017

Montreal offered a deal, and we accepted.

To Montreal: D-Mark Pysyk (25)

To Buffalo: F-Shane Prince (24)

Pysyk appeared in 50 games for Buffalo last season, tallying 2 goals and 3 assists.
Prince put up 37 points (12g/25a) in the AHL last season

Last edited by Rasmuth; 11-02-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:46 AM   #49
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

July 1st, 2017

Buffalo signs free agent defenceman Karl Alzner (28) to a 3yr/$2.21 million per year deal.

Alzner spent 9 years with the Washington Capitals appearing in 583 games. (27g/111a/138p) and a +49.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:56 AM   #50
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

July 2nd, 2017

Toronto and Buffalo have agreed on a trade.

To Toronto: D - Mike Weber (29)

To Buffalo: C - Jordan Kyrou (19)

Weber appeared in 378 games in 9 seasons (11g/51a/62p) with the Sabres.
Kyrou scored 61 pts (22g/39a) in the OHL last season. Our scouts rate him a 3.0a/4.0a prospect.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:01 AM   #51
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmuth View Post
The curse of Buffalo is very real to many folks who live there or religiously follow Buffalo Sports teams.

Who says money can't buy happiness.
Apparently money can buy 5 cups, if you sign Carey Price as a Free Agent.

That's when the Sabres' luck turned around in my sim of the NHL from the current season. Even a season ending injury to Price early in year 5 couldn't stop the dynasty... I'm playing as unemployed.
Attached Images

Last edited by tarashnat; 11-05-2015 at 10:00 AM.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #52
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Well close to getting out of the 1st round... much better then the real Sabres.. but there is hope... Good luck next season.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #53
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

wow Tarashnat....that is one hell of a run in your replay.

I'm hoping to update tonight. The 2017/18 Sabres are perhaps turning into a force to be reckoned with.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #54
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmuth View Post
wow Tarashnat....that is one hell of a run in your replay.

I'm hoping to update tonight. The 2017/18 Sabres are perhaps turning into a force to be reckoned with.
The next season they missed the finals by one game, then they won the cup again, then missed the finals again by one game. The AI built quite a dynasty around Eichel.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #55
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Tarashnat...can you do me a favor...pick what you think was the strongest team for that run...and can you post the team page showing the stats for the players on the Sabres team?
Old 11-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #56
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

July 1st, 2017

What a beautiful day. Summer days in upstate Western New York can be stunning...it's just the season is so frustratingly damn short. But then again, when the mercury starts to fall...it means one thing...hockey season.

I'm admittedly looking forward to the 2017/18 season. The team grew by leaps and bounds last year. We may have only finished one point better than the season previous, but the Sabres made the playoffs for the first time since 2010/11, and we gave the eventual Stanley Cup champs a run for their money.

I later read an interview online that Tampa coach Jon Cooper stated that we were the biggest challenge they faced in their road to glory. High praise from such a highly regarded individual.

We have some serious explosiveness on this team and we play such a high powered, fast game. Many teams have trouble keeping up with us on the ice and a certain NHL network analyst mentioned that the Sabres are the best conditioned team in the NHL. I can't disagree.

With the horses I have in this lineup, it only made sense to adopt a more West Coast style offense, while developing a defensive core that is responsible and hardworking. And that is truly what we have.

Eichel, Kane, Ennis, O'Reilly, Girgensons, Reinhart, Nischushkin, Bennett....this team can fly and they are young. It's a very exciting time to be a fan of this team.

You may notice that I didn't include Matt Moulson's name above. He clearly is in decline and his type of game really doesn't fit the blueprint of this team. Yet he still carries 2 years on his contract. Last season he only scored 13 goals and has been relegated to the 4th line much of the time. He still has some gas left in the tank and he can help another team I believe. But honestly...I don't want to pay him $5 million per year for the next 2 seasons. And I need room on my roster for the likes of 19 year old Alexander Nylander, Justin Bailey and William Carrier. It's just time.

So...I just sent a fax to Gary Bettman's office. The Buffalo Sabres have used a compliance buyout on Matt Moulson, and he is now a free agent. I know there will be some backlash from some of our Sabre faithful, but these fans are intelligent and I think most will understand this makes the most sense, for us and Mr. Moulson.

He will be missed though. He is a genuinely nice man and everyone truly loves him. We had a private meeting this morning and I told him my decision. He was respectful, gracious and he understood.

I also told him that if he continues in the game after he retires, there is a place in this organization if he desires. His eyes filled with tears when he reached out to shake my hand and I pulled him in for a hug....he was clearly surprised, but he hugged me back. Did I mention he's a real nice guy? He gave this organization everything he had and I will forever be grateful.

I hope he latches on somewhere and contributes.

I turned on NHL Network just after 6am the next morning and Matt was being interviewed. He was thanking the Buffalo fans and the team for the opportunity to play for the Sabres and expressed his profound sadness to be leaving the team. He seemed upbeat though, and he appeared confident he'd be on an NHL roster somewhere, on opening day. He also admitted that he and his family unanimously voted to continue living in Buffalo.

I couldn't help but smile.

Last edited by Rasmuth; 11-06-2015 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #57
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

July 7th, 2017

In need of a backup goalie for Linus Ullmark...

The Buffalo Sabres sign Free Agent goalie, Chris Driedger to a 3 year deal for $1.25 million per year.

Driedger possesses solid, if unremarkable skills with no apparent weakness. He's been mired in the Ottawa Senators organization.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:37 AM   #58
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Matt Moulson played for the Sabres from 2013-2016.

In 284 games:

62 goals
81 assists
143 points

As of December, 2017...Moulson is playing for Salith Sumperk in Eastern Europe.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:43 AM   #59
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

For the curious....

Connor McDavid 2016/2017 stats:

82 games
27 goals
38 assists
65 points
22 PIM
+5 +/-
Old 11-06-2015, 01:13 AM   #60
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

10/9/17

There was a slightly furious knock on my door just after 10am. I was sitting at my desk, I already was drinking.

"Come in," I said, loud enough.

The door opened and a disheveled Brett Ruff entered. Shutting the door, he opened his mouth to talk.

"What the hell is going on in New York," I said, cutting his words off just as he started to speak.

Brett smirked and ran his hand through his disheveled hair. "Pretty simple **** really," he stammered.

"****ing salary cap," I frustratingly muttered, returning my eyes to the television. Despite the complete takeover of information to personal devices, I always turn to television if it's available. Old habits, I guess.

Yes...Brett Ruff is Lindy Ruff's youngest son. A Syracuse University graduate, he was already employed by the Sabres when his father was fired by the club. That fact never influenced his standing with the team. He entered the organization via the physical training route, but his insight is keen and he lives for the game of hockey. By happenstance, I met him my first day in the office and now he is my right-hand man. In reality, he's #2 in the organization.

"Who do you want," he asked, eyes narrowing, "Stepan?" It really wasn't even a question. He just knew.

"Stepan," I confirmed.

"Hmmmm...," Ruff groaned, scratching the scruff on his chin.

I shook my head as I slowly stood up. "Are the Rangers really in that tight of a situation?"

Ruff's attention focused on me. "It's seriously desperate there," he said solemnly. "But that's the modern game. Sometimes it gets out of hand."

"There's some serious names on the waiver wire," I said, almost reverently. I already knew the answer, but I had to ask. "What's the price for Stepan?"

Brett's eyes narrowed as he stared at me. "The cap hit is $6.5 mil the next two years and decreasing the three beyond," He smiled wryly and continued, "but you know that already, you sneaky bastard."

I smiled and finished my drink, the remaining ice cubes lightly tinkling in the bottom of my glass. My mind couldn't get off the numbers. 27 years old, just entering his prime, really. 45 goals over the last two seasons and 103 assists over the last three.

"Let's get him," I said firmly, slamming my empty glass hard enough on my desk for the desired effect.

A huge smile broke out on Brett Ruff's face and he rubbed his hands together. "Alright," he said enthusiastically, "let's get him!"

And we did.

Last edited by Rasmuth; 11-06-2015 at 01:22 AM.