Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
Seyforabi
Bat Boy

Year 2300... Some suggestions

Hey guys,

This is my second year using iOOTP Baseball and I absolutely love it. As someone who has simmed almost 600 seasons over the two most recent versions, I had a few suggestions. I've listed them in order of importance (i.e. issues that I feel that are the biggest detractors from the game):

1. The lag. If you play the game (via simming) for more than 4 seasons in one sitting, it gets very, very slow. I find myself having to restart my phone so the loading times go back to a normal speed. This lag issue is especially noticeable when I accidentally enter the "Hall of Fame" screen. My phone consistently takes over a minute to load...

2. Trading. When you post a player on the trade block, you rarely get any inquiries even if they are in the "blue" range (i.e. 75+ on the 1-80 scale). This forces you to shop the player around on a team by team basis which is very time consuming. Moreover, some proposed trades include money, something we as players do not have the option to do. This would be nice, as would adding the ability to include more than 3 players in a trade without resorting to the "make this deal work" option after exhausting the three slots.

3. Drafting. I find GB% and whether a SP is actually listed as a "starter" in their player overview is important to predicting their future success. However, without going into each player's individual profile to see this information, it is inaccessible. Thus, if that was part of their profile in some sort of sortable way, it would go a long way towards streamlining the drafting process. As well, and this may be a long shot, I thought it would be interesting to add a scouting feature of sorts that would allow you to allocate money independent of your payroll limit (ideally based off of your market size and owner preferences) that may allow us to better evaluate players. You could keep the traditional scouting report that is in place, but along side it put our team scouting report. This would make the later rounds more interesting since every player currently sits with a potential rating of 21 and their success is a crap shoot.

4. Cuban Market. One of the most exciting developments in real life baseball has been the influx of cuban talent that is bid on mid-season. Adding this aspect to the game would bring it to another level. If the players that become available were subject to the payroll limits, it would force us as players to better allocate our resources for possible mid-season top prospects and add another dimension to the game.

5. Player Development. Right now, I would say this is the weakest part of the game. We basically draft players off of ranking, place them in the minors and add them to the big league roster once an arrow appears. Ideally, having a whole minor league system would be incredible, but this would seem like a very large overhaul and is likely a ways off. Still, it would be nice to have internal progress reports of sorts that track a player's development (outside of just clicking on their history) which might allow us to better utilize our prospects - either trading them before their value plummets or hanging on to a player that has shown consistent improvement.

These are the major things that compelled me to register and write this post. However, I will say that I was disappointed in iOOTP 2014 as compared to 2013, as it was the exact same thing... but with a different interface. The game is great, but I expected at least some sort of improvement on the "GM" side and was not very happy that that portion remained identical as I essentially paid money for something I already had. Again, it is a great game but this issue peeved both myself and my friends (who coincidentally turned me onto the game in the first place).
Seyforabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
wodi
All Star Reserve

I would like to see more development from lower ranked prospects.

When you look at the top players in the game many years in, the best players are all the top picks in the draft.

I would like to see some lower ranked prospects every now and then have their potential and actual ratings increase, 3rd 4th and 5th round picks.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Wow, I didn't know the game went on that long lol.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote