Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
jyanksmsu
Minors (Double A)

Brand New MLB 2013 OOTP 14 Players League

- Forum Home | Forum

-There won't be a league file. I make all the changes and sim.
-Sims will be 15-17 days long. 3-4 Sims per week.
- 12 Teams taken so far.
- Last league I ran lasted from 2009-2032. Same format as this one.

Any questions PM or post here. Feel free to sign up on the boards and take a team.

Last edited by jyanksmsu; 08-08-2013 at 04:51 PM.
jyanksmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
ELDoro
All Star Reserve

What do you mean there is no league file?

As in no file yet?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
jyanksmsu
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro View Post
What do you mean there is no league file?

As in no file yet?
I don't bother putting one out there. I do all the changes for you. You make your lineups, FA offers... etc... on the forums and I input them into the game.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
ELDoro
All Star Reserve

hmm, well it is a lot easier on both sides to put one out there.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

I mean I can't even begin to wrap my head around the reasons for no league file....Or even why someone would want to be involved in a no league file league????
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

yeah I was excited about it until I saw that ... I like tinkering with my lineups and minors too much to not have a league file

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
jyanksmsu
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKomrska15 View Post
I mean I can't even begin to wrap my head around the reasons for no league file....Or even why someone would want to be involved in a no league file league????
People who don't buy the game?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
Jyankee2
Bat Boy

Excellent and active commish with good teams still available. Highly recommend joining!
Jyankee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Seems like those last 2 posts come from the same person....Just different sign ons.
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
Jyankee2
Bat Boy

Quote:
Seems like those last 2 posts come from the same person....Just different sign ons.
Wrong. Nice try though.
Jyankee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
jyanksmsu
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yeah no... You can have any mod here confirm that from an IP.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
hyde4us11
Major Leagues

I must say that I've been watching this thread. The idea of playing an online league without actually playing the game is of little appeal to the group that frequents the forum. At least thats what I think I guess. My opinion is worth exactly.....

FCB- Washington D.C. Freedom
FOD- Washington D.C. Freedom
HRBL- Hartford Riverhawks
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
jyanksmsu
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
I must say that I've been watching this thread. The idea of playing an online league without actually playing the game is of little appeal to the group that frequents the forum. At least thats what I think I guess. My opinion is worth exactly.....
I agree. This thread is mainly for people that don't have the game that still check these forums every now and then. I've gotten like 10 GM's from different threads like this and every GM helps. More of a throwback league.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

SO, you won't bother to put out a league file but you bothered to set your league up online so people could get the reports and tell you what to do with their team. When in actuality putting out a league file and having the people who DO OWN the game do their own changes would save you astronomical amounts of time. You do realize that adding league files to your upload is as simple as checking a few more boxes in the Commish portal?

Basically this league is aimed at people who don't have the game, Yet you felt compelled to post on the OOTP Forums where people have the game for the most part, not realizing the people who actually do have the game wouldn't bother to join a league that didn't bother to put out a league file because the whole "Immersion Factor" is based on actually owning the game and following along.

I wish you the best in this league, you obviously have a new and exciting "concept" for an online league...I'm sure this format will be sweeping the OOTP Nation soon enough!

Enjoy your league!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
Jyankee2
Bat Boy

[snipped]

Last edited by kq76; 08-12-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: snipped swearing insult
Jyankee2 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 08-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #16
jyanksmsu
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
SO, you won't bother to put out a league file but you bothered to set your league up online so people could get the reports and tell you what to do with their team. When in actuality putting out a league file and having the people who DO OWN the game do their own changes would save you astronomical amounts of time. You do realize that adding league files to your upload is as simple as checking a few more boxes in the Commish portal?

Basically this league is aimed at people who don't have the game, Yet you felt compelled to post on the OOTP Forums where people have the game for the most part, not realizing the people who actually do have the game wouldn't bother to join a league that didn't bother to put out a league file because the whole "Immersion Factor" is based on actually owning the game and following along.

I wish you the best in this league, you obviously have a new and exciting "concept" for an online league...I'm sure this format will be sweeping the OOTP Nation soon enough!

Enjoy your league!
I'm aware of the league file. Posting this thread took about a minute of my time. I'm not sure why everyone here is taking this so serious and feel complied to write a huge reply telling me I am wrong. If the league doesn't interest you, you don't need to write out telling me everything that is wrong about it. Of the 22 GM's in my league so far, maybe three to five of them actually have the game. I think I know what I am doing.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #17
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I never said you were wrong. I'm just wondering why on earth you would exclude people who actually own the game and would prefer to make their own changes, seems like your eliminating a very large portion of your prospective participation group. But the beauty of OOTP is you get to play your game ,your way...

Now let me try this one more time cause last time one of your little Yankee cronies was mean to me.

Enjoy Your League!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote