Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List Let us know what you would like to see in future versions of OOTP! OOTPBM 2006 is in development, and there is still time left to get your suggestions into the game.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
deh34
Minors (Double A)

General Ideas

Just started playing the demo...

I like having a scrollbar instead of the "Pages" on player lists.... the scrollbar is a lot quicker to navigate.

I miss the star system. Can't we have an option to turn it on?

Is there a main prospect development screen?

I miss being able to set minor league lineups and rotations... I couldn't figure out where to do it..

On the lineups/rotation screens for the active roster, there just is not enough focus on the rotation and lineups... there is too much else going on.

I didn't like that if I clicked onto a player during a draft or whatnot, I had to press the "Back" button to get back to the main list. The buttons aren't even labeled back or forward... Having an "X" at the top right of a player screen just makes more sense.

I miss the 6.5 ability of while searching another team's roster to be able to set up a trade for a player from the roster screen directly with the Trade for Player button.

I coudln't figure out how much control the Manager I had in my employ had over the team. I wish that if I were a GM, one of the Game Options would be to have no Manager control over the team. Sometimes roster moves wouldn't be made, I think? I dunno really... It just seems weird to allow me to edit lineups and rotations if I'm the GM.

Play by Play problems... like the a-hole I am, I had my pitcher hit like 10 batters in a row and he never got thrown out, no one charged the mound or anything. Also, I had him intentionally walk in a run with the bases loaded, and the play by play guys didn't even make fun of him or the team.

It would be SO MUCH FUN to be able to pick the pitch the pitcher will throw instead of just saying Pitch.

Also, I couldn't find HBP stats for my pitcher...

I miss being able to change the position of my players or relivers to starters and vice versa...

I miss sim options, being able to shut off all notifications during simming.. couldn't figure out where to do that.

All in all, I like the vastness of the universe the game creates.

Last edited by deh34; 09-18-2006 at 12:57 AM.
deh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #2
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deh34
I miss the star system. Can't we have an option to turn it on?

Is there a main prospect development screen?

I miss being able to set minor league lineups and rotations... I couldn't figure out where to do it..

I miss being able to change the position of my players or relivers to starters and vice versa...
I'm sure Yankees 98 will be along shortly to straighten out most of your problems, but my main suggestion would be to read the manual.

For setting lineups and rotations in the minors, go to your affiliated teams list in the lower right of your lineup or pitching screen. Select which team you want to mess with, and you're there. Meddle to your heart's delight (I do.)

You can change players' positions slowly by simply assigning them to new positions in the depth chart. Over time (faster during spring training, I'm told) they'll accumulate experience at their new position . If you want to change it quickly, go into the players' files while in commissioner mode and reset their experience numbers at each position to something that better appeals to you.

There is no main prospect development screen. It sounds like a good idea, but who determines who is a 'main' prospect and who isn't?

I am SO tired of hearing about 'stars'. No one ever explains what they mean. What ARE stars, and why do you miss them? My current team has four stars — two starting pitchers, a shortstop and a third baseman — and everyone else deserves to be in the minors. The 'good' news is that I get first pick in the amateur draft, so maybe I can pick up another.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote