Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #41
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
I have yet to decide what I want to do with these points. I had been considering doing some collections. But now, I'm thinking about buying 7 Diamond packs, even with my horrible Diamond pack luck.

What does everything think? Jump in or keep my powder dry?
Go for those collections that yield a Diamond Pack. And maybe buy one or two Diamond Packs.

I generally only buy standard packs with my packs only squad but I did dip into one Diamond Pack and yielded ... Live Brandon Woodruff (90).

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #42
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Best of luck with your divorce.
Given the results, it's safe to assume I won't be doing it again. I guess the devs were just looking out for my marriage when they gave me such garbage packs. So thoughtful
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #43
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
So the Game Theories (my point generating team) have 104K. They have been pretty good at generating at least 10K a week. They should have 105K by the end of today's gameplay.

I have yet to decide what I want to do with these points. I had been considering doing some collections. But now, I'm thinking about buying 7 Diamond packs, even with my horrible Diamond pack luck.

At the very least, in two months I should be back around 100K again.

What does everything think? Jump in or keep my powder dry?
If you're still playing PT to compete as well as you can, I don't think the packs will be worthwhile. I bought a bunch because I'm not as bothered at this point in the season lol

(Edit: For example, I didn't know I finally won a league until my signature popped up under this post WOO )
Old 10-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #44
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
If you're still playing PT to compete as well as you can, I don't think the packs will be worthwhile. I bought a bunch because I'm not as bothered at this point in the season lol

(Edit: For example, I didn't know I finally won a league until my signature popped up under this post WOO )
To be honest, the reason I'm thinking about doing it is that I know it's my only chance (slim though it is) to get an historical butt-kicker.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #45
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

I bought two with PP stashed from duplicate card sales and pulled a Mike Scott which I was pleased with then followed it up with a Gallo. So pretty much broke even and will not be testing my luck past these two attempts at greatness.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #46
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
To be honest, the reason I'm thinking about doing it is that I know it's my only chance (slim though it is) to get an historical butt-kicker.
That's true
Old 10-10-2019, 08:22 AM   #47
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Does 93 Dewey Evans count as a historical butt-kicker? Cause that’s what I got....

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #48
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Turned 30k into a Scherzer and a Syndergaard, which I deserved for being so ****ing stupid.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #49
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Well, Mr Cy Young has won 12 straight since I got him.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #50
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Ever since the diamond pack special started, I haven't pulled anything higher than cheap live golds in my standard packs. I've been ripping at least 10 packs a day, so something is off kilter. I'll be pausing from opening any more packs until this ridiculous diamond sale is over. Something has screwed up the algorithm.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:46 AM   #51
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
Ever since the diamond pack special started, I haven't pulled anything higher than cheap live golds in my standard packs. I've been ripping at least 10 packs a day, so something is off kilter. I'll be pausing from opening any more packs until this ridiculous diamond sale is over. Something has screwed up the algorithm.

I only open standard packs and my gut feeling is the same as you. Maybe all those diamond packs are screwing the overall drop rate.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:06 AM   #52
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
While I personally don't believe this to be true, let us assume for a moment that the special diamond packs are screwing up the algorithm and affecting drops from other types of packs. Is there any way that this could be related to the failure of the Last 7 algorithm? At a bare minimum, both being noticed independently yet concurrently is quite a coincidence...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #53
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
For what it's worth, I've pulled a way above average diamond rate (roughly 1 in 10) in standard packs since the special began. And the guy who ripped 1000 packs also pulled an above average rate of diamonds. I think you're just unlucky.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:27 AM   #54
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
For what it's worth, I've pulled a way above average diamond rate (roughly 1 in 10) in standard packs since the special began. And the guy who ripped 1000 packs also pulled an above average rate of diamonds. I think you're just unlucky.
The overall rates are accurate, so someone has to be unlucky to balance things out for the people who are lucky.

Like, I went on a run where for about 2 weeks, I literally pulled as many diamond cards as I had pulled Gold cards (I think I was like 1 gold card more than the number of diamonds, and this was over the span of like 250+ packs so not an insignificant sample size). I was actually drawing at a high enough rate that I literally made Chris pull my stats to confirm what I was seeing

But yeah, I was lucky there, and you were lucky, and anyone who caught Rich's stream from Thursday night saw that he was crazy lucky that night, but it means that someone else is going to rip 50 packs without a diamond, or rip 100 packs and only end up with a Bogaerts and a Clevinger. It really sucks when that's you, and you feel that the world is out to get you, but it's just math. I mean, in 100 packs, the odds of drawing 0 diamond cards is something like 3.5%, which means that if everyone who's posted in this thread rips 100 packs, there's a pretty good chance that one of us will go diamond-less in that time. And also about the same chance that someone will draw 7-8 diamonds in that span.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:41 AM   #55
Argonaut
All Star Starter

You mentioned Clevinger.. he's been showing up everywhere for me. Mission Diamond Packs, Challenge Mode Packs, you name it. At least I've been able to sell him for more than quicksell value.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #56
willat0660
Minors (Double A)

2 Packs

I only had enough to buy two diamond packs, but got a Mike Mussina and Hal Newhouser, worth 35k and 40k, or more. So, spent 30k, got players worth at least 75k back. Good deal, and I really needed them.
willat0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:56 PM   #57
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Foolishly cashed in a $50 Visa gift card to get 5 packs and pulled 5 straight LIVE quicksells. Thought for sure I'd get at least one Non Live...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #58
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
Foolishly cashed in a $50 Visa gift card to get 5 packs and pulled 5 straight LIVE quicksells. Thought for sure I'd get at least one Non Live...
If your are interested... I have this bridge in Brooklyn....
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote