Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #341
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

So who here is ready for the September call ups to be added to the live team missions?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #342
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Damn, you must have got the good McGraw. Mine is awful with an ~8.00 ERA. I think my Carlton has been a replacement-level Perfect player, but I didn't expect too much from him. Is this on your Perfect team or one of the Silver ones?
Bronze

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #343
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
So who here is ready for the September call ups to be added to the live team missions?
I'm ready for that not to be an issue next year when the rosters only expand to 28 players

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 09-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #344
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I've always found 15 extra players to be bizarre. I mean, up to 5 or so? Sure
Old 09-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #345
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Did you watch the Cardinals when Tony was the manager? He'd use 13 pitchers a game in September if he could with damn near every at-bat from the 7th on as a match up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #346
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Never really understood it either. I think I'd rather see teams simply designate 20 "active" players for each game, whether you have 5 guys or 20 guys on the taxi squad, like they do in the NHL. At least then everyone is playing on equal footing, instead of one team with 28 guys playing against another with 36.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:30 PM   #347
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

White Sox done
Braves done
Mariners done
Live Phillies done
Live Tigers done

Rangers in progress
Expos in progress

I expect the last two are just break-even, but the feeling when you see that one card you need after days of constant refreshing finally show up is like an orgasm while on heroin.

I didn't track card by card, but I'm down roughly 170K since last Thursday when I started all this from scratch. I sold most of the SE cards plus an All-Star Chapman from a diamond pack reward but still have 130K worth of reward cards on auction, so after those clear that's a mere 50K total for Walsh, Smoltz, and Schooler that I've kept plus I have everything except for the A-Rod/Cordero and a CJ wilson in the Rangers mission. Great value but definitely required a lot of time and I might have given myself carpal tunnel.

A fun side benefit was seeing some of the smaller missions that I just happened to finish along the way. Most were just a standard pack, but I was able to finish the First Overall Pick collection for 89 Strawberry worth about 6K just by filling in a few cheap holes.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:59 PM   #348
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Yeah that'll be a disaster. Have fun collecting 75 cards. The Oakland live mission has already been made uneconomic by the puzzling debut of AJ Puk as an 88 card.

I hope OOTPD changes the LIVE missions next year. It shouldn't be that players have a vastly different number of cards to collect based on when they complete it.

Should be opening day rosters for the LIVE missions, then periodic MLB-wide call-up missions for new players.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:09 AM   #349
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

So? Complete them early - needs less cards. I don't see the issue here.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:40 AM   #350
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
So? Complete them early - needs less cards. I don't see the issue here.
And honestly, most September callups have already been up this year, or were already on the 40-man roster and carded. It shouldn't add more than a couple guys to most teams.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:12 AM   #351
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI if anyone wants to help a dev out, and wants to post any of these cards to help me finish off missions, that'd be greatly appreciated. Ideally make the auction end at like 6AM Eastern time as I'm in Europe right now and usually log in in the morning here I'll pay a little above their averages to finish these missions.

KC Royals: Greinke or Holland (seriously, I've been one card away from completing the missions since like day 3 after the mission was posted)
Chicago White Sox: the Diamonds from the Appling mission (Appling, Lyons, Faber, Rigney). Fisk (from the 70s/80s), Grebeck (from the Ordonez one). Or if Fisk/Grebeck are super expensive, let me know and I'll just buy one of the other cards to finish them off.

Minny Twins: Morneau/Buxton (from the modern mission). Travis or the DIamonds on the Goslin mission.

Those are my most pressing concerns. I'll eventually finish the Rangers missions too because I really want that I-Rod, but I'm a lot further away from those, so I'd rather focus on those others above that I'm a lot closer to. If you do sell one of these to me, eternal gratitude and one feature of your choice is your reward.*

*feature of choice may be substituted for a feature of my choice if what you want is too hard
Old 09-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #352
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Fisk and Grebeck weren't crazy, several thousand less than getting an extra diamond. I've seen just one grebeck in the past week though, he was the last card I got before the appling/lyons/faber/rigney hunt.

Not exaggerating when I say it took about 30 hours of active refreshing to find two of them at normal prices.

Now I'm doing the same for 95 A-Rod or 90 Cordero then taking a break for a while

Last edited by dkgo; 09-07-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #353
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Completed another 2 missions right at the end of the post-season into the off-season. Finding collection missions that are good value for money is fun, and also a necessity for me.

Completed SE George Sisler for 26k as opposed to paying 41k for him on the AH. Also completed SE Lefty Gomez for 16k as opposed to paying 30k on the AH. Lastly completed SE Kuo for 4.5k as opposed to 9k on the AH. All three cards slot straight into the Topeka Defenders and should help us as we continue our push back to Perfect.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #354
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Everett Aquasox just finished off the "Baseball in the Northwest" mission. I had earmarked 89 Ken Griffey Jr as the last card but was tossing up whether to spend 12K on it as that represented a 20% premium on 7-day average.

Then...a 93 Junior came up at 14K, right on 7-day average. Only problem was that I had just 12.3K in the bank. Thankfully, I had a gold Starling Marte (from the starter packs) that I could quick sell for 1,000 and silver Vada Pinson and Wilbur Wood that are prized for collections. Listed them both with BINs of 668 (7-day average on both was around 750) and they sold within 20 minutes. 93 Junior is now a Froggie, and so are Mike Schooler and 100 Kaz Sasaki!

All three Mariners-related missions are complete.

SPTT team

Old 09-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #355
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Latest mission finished: Hit Parade for SUPER ICHIRO

62 Alou - already had it/pack
68 Ichiro - already had it/pack
72 Medwick - 1000
73 Rose - 5000
74 Ichiro - 7500
75 One Dog - 1300
78 Terry - 850
79 Mattingly - 4444
80 Ashburn - already had it, bought many moons ago so not counting toward total
80 Musial - 8800
80 Davis - 2000
84 Klein - 8000
84 Erstad - 8001
85 Torre - 7500
87 Puckett - 7000
87 Boggs - already had it/pack

Total PP spent: 61,395

Biggest Overpay(s): Musial, Klein, Rose, Ichiro

Probably should've only spent about 50K for this one, but I splurged last night on the final 3-4 cards, wanting to use SUPER ICHIRO this week. Definitely beats the 125K price point in the AH right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
Completed another 2 missions right at the end of the post-season into the off-season. Finding collection missions that are good value for money is fun, and also a necessity for me.

Completed SE George Sisler for 26k as opposed to paying 41k for him on the AH. Also completed SE Lefty Gomez for 16k as opposed to paying 30k on the AH. Lastly completed SE Kuo for 4.5k as opposed to 9k on the AH. All three cards slot straight into the Topeka Defenders and should help us as we continue our push back to Perfect.
I think you'll enjoy that Sisler. I sure have. His first season in my lineup (mind you this is at the Perfect league level) he had a 30/30 season and won league MVP. I'd say it was a success. Not sure if it's the high contact + high speed + high avoid K ratings, but the SE Sisler is one of the most consistent cards I've had. Well worth the 20-30K PP you'd spend doing that mission. Doesn't slump. Doesn't get sick. Doesn't go on vacation. Always remembers to put the toilet seat down for the ladies. Just a good guy.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 09-09-2019 at 11:39 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:21 AM   #356
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
The Everett Aquasox just finished off the "Baseball in the Northwest" mission. I had earmarked 89 Ken Griffey Jr as the last card but was tossing up whether to spend 12K on it as that represented a 20% premium on 7-day average.

Then...a 93 Junior came up at 14K, right on 7-day average. Only problem was that I had just 12.3K in the bank. Thankfully, I had a gold Starling Marte (from the starter packs) that I could quick sell for 1,000 and silver Vada Pinson and Wilbur Wood that are prized for collections. Listed them both with BINs of 668 (7-day average on both was around 750) and they sold within 20 minutes. 93 Junior is now a Froggie, and so are Mike Schooler and 100 Kaz Sasaki!

Plus EV?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:58 AM   #357
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post

How much did the (C) Dan Wilson 70 card cost you? That one is the biggest stumbling block for me. It's up for 15k right now (fat chance), and I saw it sell fast for 7k the other day. But even that seems steep.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:44 AM   #358
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

The diamond card choices for completing the Schooler collection make the SEA missions unreasonable to finish if you're just reselling the cards. It's not worth the effort involved unless you get all of the typically more expensive cards in both missions at rock bottom prices. A quick look at it, and appears it would typically cost around 70k total.

Last 7 for Cano is around 8k and Sasaki is around 50k. Dunno about Schooler but I'd guess it's 20k or so?

I started this mission but found the higher end golds and lower end diamonds for completing this mission are priced too high to make it worth the time/effort involved to reasonably flip.

Last edited by pappyzan; 09-10-2019 at 01:45 AM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #359
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How much did the (C) Dan Wilson 70 card cost you? That one is the biggest stumbling block for me. It's up for 15k right now (fat chance), and I saw it sell fast for 7k the other day. But even that seems steep.
Doing it two weeks ago I grimaced as I paid 6500 for it.

I feel like missions are "hot" right now since it's been over the message boards that a good number are profitable. There is a lot of competition for key cards in ones like the white sox, mariners, rangers, braves, etc.

I also can't decide if doing them now is best. Have prices peaked? It seems like it, but as the game goes on the casual people who open packs and throw those needed cards on the market stop playing. But also as people finish the mission the demand for the cards goes down. Unless they get put into another mission which could skyrocket some of them back up.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #360
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How much did the (C) Dan Wilson 70 card cost you?...I saw it sell fast for 7k the other day.
That was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies
Plus EV?
Don't know, didn't track because I have no plans to sell any of the rewards. I didn't really go above 7-day average, though, even for the Dan Wilson.

SPTT team