Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Best time to buy at the Auction House?

Has anyone spent enough time in the AH to know the best time to buy? Has anyone done tracking analysis, beyond anecdotal evidence?

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #2
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Has anyone spent enough time in the AH to know the best time to buy? Has anyone done tracking analysis, beyond anecdotal evidence?
When most people are asleep.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #3
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I like to buy around the All-Star Break on Thursday and sell on Saturday/Sunday. Although I'm always happy to make a good deal no matter what day, this is what tends to happen.

I know you weren't looking for anecdotes but that's all I brought to the party.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:51 PM   #4
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Non scientific......

Just looking at some of the 100 level pitchers, and upper 90's elites over the past month they were significantly higher on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, which made some sense to me, as sellers trying to capitalize on people wanting to pick up an extra arm for a playoff run. As such, when I loading up, I usually ended up finding, and buying pitchers mid-week, when there were a few more bargain's available.

I didn't look as hard at bats, but since the last round of Diamond Cards, I've definitely had a harder time selling, and I see far more reasonably priced cards. Top tier though, same thing, harder to find value headed to the weekend.

Just my 2 cents, and certainly not scientific, I was just looking at the top tier, and that's probably not indicative of the market as a whole.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #5
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

during a diamond pack sale

otherwise its just a matter of putting the most time in. really good deals come from getting lucky and refreshing at the right moment since the overall activity is microscopic compared to ultimate team
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:38 AM   #6
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

just before someone pitches a no hitter...

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #7
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
just before someone pitches a no hitter...
Definitely not after...

It's okay, my boy got his Verlander for 7,499 last week.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Prices are likely to be higher during the weekend, but some people still price them fairly or cheaper than average, especially if they're trying to undercut other sellers to get theirs moved first. And if you're searching for a rarer card, there is also a better chance of it being offered for sale over the weekend. Tough to buy cards that can't be found...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #9
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Seems like many people post good cards at 10-50% above last 7 on Saturday and Sunday - trying to get those desperate playoff teams to bite. Doesn't seem to me like it works but who knows.

During the workweek is a better time to buy but like many others here, I scan the AH frequently and whenever I see a good price on a card I want, I snap it up. There are very few cards I'd pay more than 'last 7' for.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote