Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #4661
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
been tracking the players I get from packs on the Waffletown club since day 1, and the stats just go to show why I don't spend any points on packs with this team (all packs from CM games or missions should I have the players to fulfill them):

59 total packs (includes starter pack players), 354 cards received:

-300 cards Live 2019 (84.7%)
-26 cards Historical all star (7.3%)
-4 cards One hit wonder (1.1%)
-5 cards Record breaker (1.4%)
-4 cards Hardware heroes (1.1%)
-10 cards Unsung heroes (2.8%)
-5 cards Rookie sensation (1.4%)
-0 cards Future legends / All time legends

that's some craptacular luck if the live-to-historical split is supposed to be closer to 70/30
Only bronze and higher is 70/30. Irons are overwhelmingly live.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:42 AM   #4662
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Redmond Rests Nestled Firmly in First in OL S314

The Birds remain roosted comfortably atop the standings, with only Las Vegas, 4-2, and Mudville, also 4-2, making modest gains. Seattle ripped off a 9-1 month, but still has a long climb ahead.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:31 AM   #4663
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Bold Strategy takes the lead as we head into August.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:17 AM   #4664
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D355 Update

Pandas Claw Their Way To Top In Diamond

The Pablo Pandas had a sizzling 9-3 OL record in July, which catapulted them into the top of the standings. Annandale and Transylvania are close behind, though, so don't count them out!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:10 AM   #4665
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Only bronze and higher is 70/30. Irons are overwhelmingly live.

seriously? Bah! Don't think I ever read the 70/30 split was restricted to bronze+ (but makes sense when I looked at the breakdown in my list of cards pulled from packs.... 210 iron cards... 204 of those are Live 2019)

just makes it all the more soul crushing to realize the 70/30 split only applies to 28% of the cards I've pulled (as 72% have been iron)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:19 AM   #4666
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

G307 - Sanguine cruising

Sanguine increases their hold on G307 OL season, going 9-4 in their last big OL month. They have one OL series left, they can probably get the champagne ready.

The teams on their heels have a good amount of OL games left, but the gap may be too large. Philly may have the best chance with their low amount of games played.

Other news, my Tiny Bonham threw another perfect game. That's two in back to back seasons.

I am unavailable for the standings on Saturday & Sunday, someone else will have to grab the Gold standings.

Name:  gold 2040.PNG
Views: 134
Size:  15.3 KB

Name:  gold 2040v2.PNG
Views: 135
Size:  43.4 KB

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #4667
Magus978
All Star Starter

Boppers & Cowboys played their 4 game series in July over in P414, with Green Lake taking 3 out of 4. Green Lake wins the season series 4-3.

I think I'm the only one among OL managers that is seriously just going through the motions right now. Teams are middling performance-wise and so susceptible to the big losing streak that will knock them into irrelevance, stuff ain't selling on the AH, and honestly there's no real incentive for me to be logging in and making any kind of serious efforts.

Hopefully it picks up soon, but right now I'm feeling like I'm running on fumes.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #4668
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Boppers & Cowboys played their 4 game series in July over in P414, with Green Lake taking 3 out of 4. Green Lake wins the season series 4-3.

I think I'm the only one among OL managers that is seriously just going through the motions right now. Teams are middling performance-wise and so susceptible to the big losing streak that will knock them into irrelevance, stuff ain't selling on the AH, and honestly there's no real incentive for me to be logging in and making any kind of serious efforts.

Hopefully it picks up soon, but right now I'm feeling like I'm running on fumes.
Finding +EV collections has really been a kickstarter for me. Each week I try to find a collection I can turn a profit on (easy since there are lots available). Then I put in the points, wait, finish, sell during postseason chase, rinse and repeat. It leads to a lot of PP churn which is quite fun.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:02 PM   #4669
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
You can't seriously be saying this after one of your teams just won a World Series at every level?

New content unveiled: PEAK Magus!
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:07 PM   #4670
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
You can't seriously be saying this after one of your teams just won a World Series at every level?

New content unveiled: PEAK Magus!
Last week was last week. It's all about the "what have you done for me this week" baby.

I was feeling burnout before then as well, it's just more magnified when team performance isn't as good as you think it should be. The buyer apathy towards things I'm trying to sell doesn't help either.

Also, I'm using PEAK Magus as a discord name for awhile. Thanks for that

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 08-30-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:21 PM   #4671
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Saw a Eddie Plank selling for 2000 below 7-day average and quickly snapped him up for the Gold Sox.

Redlegs have had a funny old season: 5th after Monday, 1st after Tuesday, 5th after Wednesday, and now 3rd after Thursday. I'll settle for finishing in 3rd and not getting insta-relegated from Perfect this time.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:13 PM   #4672
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

I feel this way a bit. I have a few different collections about 75% complete, but not aiming to turn them for profit. The players aren't up or I'm not sitting on the computer when I get outbid so the cycle repeats for multiple days/weeks.

I'm also being frugal with my PP bank, scared to see what a large pitching upgrade does.

Edit: Found a guy going for a bit less than normal so bought him.

F2P Packs

Last edited by Diezwraths; 08-30-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: got a dude
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:44 PM   #4673
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:

I felt the same as you until I read Quantacondor's post. Now my excitement in the game has been renewed.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:47 PM   #4674
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Finding +EV collections has really been a kickstarter for me. Each week I try to find a collection I can turn a profit on (easy since there are lots available). Then I put in the points, wait, finish, sell during postseason chase, rinse and repeat. It leads to a lot of PP churn which is quite fun.
What is a +EV collection?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #4675
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
What is a +EV collection?
Sometimes, the rewards for a collection sells for more PP than the PP you'd spend to complete the collection. For example, SE George Sisler sells for 50k, but the collection costs like 25k to complete. So, you'd make +25kPP profit by just completing the collection and immediately selling the reward.

"EV" stands for "Expected Value". It's a term borrowed from statistics, basically meaning "If you average over all the costs and benefits, how much is taking this action worth on average?"

For collections, we don't know what the exact cost it will take to complete; it'll depend on what cards are listed for what prices, etc. But if you just buy everything for close to the 7 day average, lots of collections are profitable. So, I call these +EV collections.

EDIT: Also, the reason some collections generally remain profitable is that demand for Special Edition cards far outstrips the supply for them, but there isn't enough volume in the market for sellers to know that they should be increasing prices on collections set cards. Also, there are sometimes several options for e.g. which gold card or which diamond card you want to buy to finish the collection. Sellers basically are inefficient since everyone just lists based on the 7day price. Over the long run, we might expect the sets to become not profitable. But at least right now, lots (but not all) of them are definitely profitable.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 08-30-2019 at 06:57 PM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:53 PM   #4676
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Add another OL team for 2042

The Clyde Truckers will motor their way into OL play next season.

The Truckers boast stellar starting pitching...and that's about it. Having advanced to Perfect League play by virtue of their pitching and solid hitting, the Truckers suffered a mediocre 2040, and were in the midst of a 7-game losing streak in May 2041 when Clyde's ownership decided to pull the plug and divest their roster of all LIVE players in preparation for the move to OL.

Unfortunately, this meant deactivating 9 gold/diamond players, as well as 100 OVR Christian Yelich. All ten players have been locked to the club by virtue of Missions, and therefore have entered early retirement. (The "Trucker Ten" are currently discussing establishing a charity to benefit other needy players caught in Mission Deactivation Limbo.)

Many other LIVE players were also sent into retirement or sold in the Auction House. The resulting Trucker 40-man roster is not nearly Perfect-caliber.

Despite their weakened lineup, Clyde has managed to glide through 2041, thus far avoiding the threat of relegation. However, ownership recognizes that the higher level of play in OL will probably result in demotion for 2043 while Clyde is in rebuilding mode.

Perfect owners, please add Clyde and owner "ziphbarrett" to your friends list.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:31 AM   #4677
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Birds Continue to Cruise in OL S314

After a month-long roost on the OL sidelines, Redmond left the nest to an 11-7 effect and maintained the top spot heading into the final month on the schedule. Steelport, 10-2, Terra Incognita, 13-6, Everett, 11-4, Las Vegas, 9-4, and Tacoma, also 9-4, all posted solid months, but the crown seems like the Birds' to lose at this point.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:17 AM   #4678
Edster007
All Star Starter

Going into the last day it looks like my San Pedro and Everett teams can be heading to a playoff showdown or just as easily an early tee time. The NC East In Silver is up for grabs with 4 of the 5 teams having a shot at winning the division and it looks like a five team race for the wild card spots If Everett follows their form they should dip in the final month. Its odd they always start slow, heat up and then fade in September. San Pedro has always been unpredictable.

Everett helped its older brother San Pedro yesterday by hitting into a fly ball triple play. Grabbed 2K pp that SP can use.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #4679
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Clyde Truckers were added to the friends list for Perfect next year.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:27 AM   #4680
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D355 Update

Annandale Edges To The Top As Race Tightens

The Atom Smashers got hot in August, going 9-4 in OL play to take the smallest of leads in the Diamond race. Can they keep it up?

Non OL News
  • All three AC divisions are led by OL teams with solid leads: Motown in the East, Annandale in Central, and Roncali in the West
  • Boogie and Chippewa have the AC wildcard spots, but Aukland is right behind.
  • Hampton Roads and Roncali are the top wildcard teams in the NC, but Pablo is just out of contention. Any of those three teams could get hot and win a division though.
So it appears right now we will have 7 of the 10 playoff spots.

CliffMarkle is tickling the relegation line but is safe so far.
Attached Images
Image Image