Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #101
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
What about a Milwaukee Braves/Brewers team? I realize the Braves went to Atlanta and the Brewers came from Seattle, but I'm a Milwaukee guy.

I have a diamond Aaron Milwaukee Brave, a Yount, and future legend Hiura on one of my teams (my Bees, NOT my Milwaukee Brave team, ironically).

Would take a LOT of work to retool it to an all Milwaukee lineup though, but I'm curious...
My first thought is that there are plenty of players under the ML4 and MIL team tags to make a Brewers-only team, but I'm also thinking about what our Braves team has already on his team. I'm just a bit concerned with overlap, but I wonder what everyone else thinks.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #102
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
My first thought is that there are plenty of players under the ML4 and MIL team tags to make a Brewers-only team, but I'm also thinking about what our Braves team has already on his team. I'm just a bit concerned with overlap, but I wonder what everyone else thinks.

there are plenty of cards to make a Brewers team

here are all the Milwaukee Brewers 89 and under (i think)
Attached Images
Image Image 

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:30 PM   #103
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
there are plenty of cards to make a Brewers team

here are all the Milwaukee Brewers 89 and under (i think)

How did you do that search?

How hard is it to dismantle a team and rebuild it? I have another team with a diamond Braun and gold Moustakas I could start with.

I'm guessing I can't just dump most of my team on the auction house, no?
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #104
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:

How hard is it to dismantle a team and rebuild it? I have another team with a diamond Braun and gold Moustakas I could start with.

I'm guessing I can't just dump most of my team on the auction house, no?
I think HiDesert has most of the cards available in the game, mostly for the upcoming collections stuff, so he has plenty of the cards available.

It's not too hard, tbh, to dismantle a team and rebuild. If you have some cards that are semi-valuable, you could sell them on the AH, and then stock up with Brewers players. I did that with my all-Tigers team in 19, and I got a pretty good base with them.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Old 05-06-2019, 05:10 PM   #105
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:

dishnet is correct. those are all cards that I have on that account. I am trying to collect all cards below diamond on that account. so it is not a search you can do. however, you can put "brewer" in the search box in the auction house and it will bring up the brewers players.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #106
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

current status this week of theme teams

if you are this league please make sure you have all these ppl set as "friends". as well as my account: BHBomber
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2019, 06:47 PM   #107
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Sounds like a lot of fun. Include me next year! I decided to rebuild one of my teams as a Negro League theme team based around that card set...
Old 05-07-2019, 08:15 AM   #108
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
What about a Milwaukee Braves/Brewers team? I realize the Braves went to Atlanta and the Brewers came from Seattle, but I'm a Milwaukee guy.

I have a diamond Aaron Milwaukee Brave, a Yount, and future legend Hiura on one of my teams (my Bees, NOT my Milwaukee Brave team, ironically).

Would take a LOT of work to retool it to an all Milwaukee lineup though, but I'm curious...

An all-city team is not what this league is about. This league is about building teams around each current franchise. An All-Milwaukee team would open the door to an All-New York team, or an All-Boston team. Good concept, just not for this league.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #109
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
An all-city team is not what this league is about. This league is about building teams around each current franchise. An All-Milwaukee team would open the door to an All-New York team, or an All-Boston team. Good concept, just not for this league.
When you actually get a league running, then you can say "this league." Until then, many of us with theme teams, like their All-Milwaukee or my All-Defunct-Mascots, will be watching and waiting for you to realize that you need more friends than this to have a viable league.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #110
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
When you actually get a league running, then you can say "this league." Until then, many of us with theme teams, like their All-Milwaukee or my All-Defunct-Mascots, will be watching and waiting for you to realize that you need more friends than this to have a viable league.

Yeah, I'm taking a pass mainly because I'm retooling one of my teams around the Negro League card set.

I like the concept of this league, but it would be hard to compete as a Brewer team against franchises like the Yankees, Dodgers, Reds, Cardinals, etc., that go back over 100 years. Much deeper card pool to build from, and likely many more that are better cards...
Old 05-08-2019, 07:35 AM   #111
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Hey Cheesehead, the Brewers ain't got nothing to complain about when you look at the Texas Rangers franchise's cards!

It seems like a lot of people are not using the friends list, so I see a lot of teams spread into different leagues, especially at the lower levels. I know it's not ideal that we're split through Iron-Bronze-Silver, etc, but I encourage people to add other league members to their friends list and change that setting (whatever it's called) to use friends list when placing you in a league. I've found it's a lot more fun to be grouped with people you know rather than randos.

Besides, it appears to me that Texas will be in Iron for a while, so I'd like some company!!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #112
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

I have everyone friended and placement setting set to use friends list, but I haven't been in a league with anyone else yet. Looks like there are 5 Iron level teams and each one is a different league.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:06 AM   #113
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Yeah, situations like that are why I relaxed the rule for specific teams, like the Rays, Marlins, etc. The card list does have some historical Rays cards (Rocco Baldelli, 09 Zobrist, 2010 Longoria to name a few), but the lack of good Rays cards outside of some of those made me re-think the rule for those teams.
All-State Teams? I know if I did this, I might want to include Yankees, Mets, NYGiants, NYDodgers. Florida could include Rays & Marlins. Or, some other areas of the country... whatever fits, bend the region and time a little for localized favorite/personal teams.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:54 PM   #114
deep-thot
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
current status this week of theme teams

if you are this league please make sure you have all these ppl set as "friends". as well as my account: BHBomber
It seems you left me out, eruenion

deep-thot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #115
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Everyone be sure to check your settings to make sure your league placement option is "Friends" (or whatever it's called for real). Especially you jokers in Iron... let's try to make it into the same league tomorrow!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #116
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yeah, I'm taking a pass mainly because I'm retooling one of my teams around the Negro League card set.

I like the concept of this league, but it would be hard to compete as a Brewer team against franchises like the Yankees, Dodgers, Reds, Cardinals, etc., that go back over 100 years. Much deeper card pool to build from, and likely many more that are better cards...
It's not too hard to compete against my Yankees team cause I am not a whale so you're in luck

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #117
Arinelle
Bat Boy

Currently, neither the Red Sox team nor the Dodgers team are playing by the "rules" outlined in this thread. The former is a mish-mash team including historical/live diamonds from other teams, whilst the latter is an all-silver team (outperforming my crappy White Sox team in gold, at that!)

It kinda takes away the enjoyment of this knowing that there are teams on the roster that aren't actually following the spirit of this group of players. I feel like if those spots aren't going to be played by the rules, they should be vacated so other players can step up to take their place - lord knows one can create quite a scary team with just Red Sox cards, even within the 40 point limit.

As-is, I'm inclined to just pick "random" rather than "use friends list" at the end of this season, unless there are plans to loosen the rules a bit. It would be nice to be able to pick, for example, players who have played for the White Sox but who have better cards for different teams.

PT 21:

PT 20:
Arinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #118
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

as soon as there are more than half of a league of MLB theme teams in a given league I will switch to Dodgers. The Red Sox owner has stated something similar on discord.

if dishnet wants me to bail out now, I will.

i would have never joined league if I had known in advance that there was going to be a cap on diamond players etc. anyway.

And as i have state many times, it is going to be difficult to get everyone in the same league due to how many teams were promoted.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #119
Arinelle
Bat Boy

I guess my thing is, I rather strongly feel like if one isn't going to participate by the rules, one shouldn't be in the pool of players that one can end up with via the friends list feature when choosing where a team ends up at the start of a new season. I got quite excited to see seven (!) of us in G303, but in reality there's only five of us.

If a team is "non-practicing" as it were, I think they shouldn't be on the list until they are. It cheapens the experience for those of us who have patiently settled for the mediocre cards produced by our franchise, especially when there are better cards for those players - or just better cards entirely that have never played for our teams. He might not be doing great IRL, but boy, I wish I could play diamond Chris Sale instead of the 2013 CWS rookie card!

I imagine there are people who would love to take part as an actual Red Sox-only team, or actual Dodgers-only team. Why not just give them that chance? My feeling is that we might not *ever* end up with more than half of the teams in the same league (especially with both of us flirting with relegation here and there, and the various teams stuck in higher/lower leagues.) But when a decent number end up together, especially in the same division, it's a real treat.

PT 21:

PT 20:
Arinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:34 AM   #120
dishnet34
All Star Starter

We have our Marlins team, goats4dayz! Make sure you have him in your list, which now consists of these teams, plus mine, DishTwitch.

(SEE NEXT PAGE FOR UPDATED LIST)

Last edited by dishnet34; 05-26-2019 at 09:55 AM.