Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:03 AM   #41
Arinelle
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
My first thought is no more than 2 perfects and no more than 4 or 5 diamonds. Golds, silvers, etc. are still fair game. What do you think about that?
That's fine with me, especially since I picked the White Sox...

And since I picked the White Sox, it's not a question likely to be relevant to me, but what happens when someone has live gold cards that turn into diamonds, or whatever? If they end up with too many do they have to jettison them for golds?

Edit: also, just want to say - I am loving this so far. My CWS-only team is far more interesting and compelling than my main team. Just wish we could all be in the same league together! Iron 220 has the most for now...

PT 21:

PT 20:

Last edited by Arinelle; 04-09-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Arinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:12 AM   #42
giventofly
Bat Boy

Few other options would be to have a salary cap based system. Few examples being using the cards all time selling value or the cards overall value. Once a cap number is determined you can add and subtract players of the team you chose as you wish as long as you are at or under the cap number. I actually think this would be fun. I mean you could have 5 100 cards (Yankees) but pretty much sacrifice the rest of the team. Your choice. just a few ideas. Overall value would be best way of the two I think be super easy to police. And be a bit of a challenge.Don't have to worry about how many golds and diamonds you have after each update. Be pretty easy to worry with the one cap number I think.

Last edited by giventofly; 04-09-2019 at 05:20 AM.
giventofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #43
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

We could follow the cap system that Orcin had used for his friends cappped leagues in Perfect and Diamond in OOTP 19. Worked great.

That system used 50 pts. total as the cap for the active roster, with the individual player tiers given cap values as follows: Perfect = 5, Diamond = 3, Gold = 1, Silvers and below = 0
Policing was on the honor system. Sure we could setup a download that would enable a quick check.

Teams had a mix of 2-3 perfects, plus some diamond and golds plus silvers and bronze to teams with no perfects but rest diamonds and golds. A few teams tried going gold/silver only. Some teams were right at 50, some at 20. Any answer led to division champions. Really challenging to “allocate” where you spent your points.

Won’t work if you go up to 60 or down to 40, based on some mock roster analysis I had done. Either the lower minimum really restricts using a Perfect or the higher maximum makes it too easy to fit players in. Use of 50 was a “perfect” (pardon the pun) balance point.

Last edited by daveh2018; 04-09-2019 at 07:46 AM.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:43 AM   #44
giventofly
Bat Boy

The more I think about this idea I love it. Example say the cap is 1200 points. You have 3 perfect players that gives you 900 points to complete you're roster.

Players you add are up to you as long as you are 1200 point cap compliant

Say no new players can be added to you're roster after then end of Fridays games.This helps with stacking for the playoffs. Off course this is also based on the fact we have good owners and they can follow rules,otherwise I have no clue how it would be enforced.

If you are over on the cap say tuesday you have till the start of wed games to be compliant. Off course this is also based on the fact we have good owners and they can follow rules,otherwise I have no clue how it would be enforced.

If everyone can honor the rules it should I mean should be a competitive league.

Very simple and effective rules.And the cap number can be discussed to make it that you really need to carry a non elite players to have a complete roster. IDK just running stuff in my head. LOL

I just want a competitive fun league for everyone.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:11 AM   #45
giventofly
Bat Boy

I can't sleep cause I got my Honus Wagner from a pack last night lol So I am wide awake. Maybe someone is willing to make a free forum/message board so we cant chat,vote and discuss things. I mean if we are gonna do this lets do it right.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #46
giventofly
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post
We could follow the cap system that Orcin had used for his friends cappped leagues in Perfect and Diamond in OOTP 19. Worked great.

That system used 50 pts. total as the cap for the active roster, with the individual player tiers given cap values as follows: Perfect = 5, Diamond = 3, Gold = 1, Silvers and below = 0
Policing was on the honor system. Sure we could setup a download that would enable a quick check.

Teams had a mix of 2-3 perfects, plus some diamond and golds plus silvers and bronze to teams with no perfects but rest diamonds and golds. A few teams tried going gold/silver only. Some teams were right at 50, some at 20. Any answer led to division champions. Really challenging to “allocate” where you spent your points.

Won’t work if you go up to 60 or down to 40, based on some mock roster analysis I had done. Either the lower minimum really restricts using a Perfect or the higher maximum makes it too easy to fit players in. Use of 50 was a “perfect” (pardon the pun) balance point.
We are thinking along the same lines.Just getting there a different way. I am all for whatever everyone wants. We just need something.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:56 AM   #47
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I think we should use the 50-point system for this league, like dave suggested. I think that'd be fun to see what we come up with. In fact, I will implement it as part of the rules for the league. I think that'd help with competitive balance.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #48
atabakin
All Star Reserve

I've been following the discussion here because I think it's really interesting, and I hope it works out for you guys, but I just want to outline some key points.

You're looking for 30 different teams to represent the 30 major league teams.
You're hoping for everyone to be at the same league level.
You're hoping to institute some kind of cap.
You don't seem to be accounting for the inevitable promotion and relegation after the first season, which would force the best and worst teams from the league.

Absolute best-case scenario is you magically have 30 teams at the same level for one season. Then you hope that the promoted teams get relegated the next season back down to your level and the relegated teams get promoted back up to your level, while the teams who stayed at the same level don't get promoted or relegated.

It's a fun idea, and I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but it seems like a *lot* of effort for maybe one season if everything works out perfectly.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #49
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I've been following the discussion here because I think it's really interesting, and I hope it works out for you guys, but I just want to outline some key points.

You're looking for 30 different teams to represent the 30 major league teams.
You're hoping for everyone to be at the same league level.
You're hoping to institute some kind of cap.
You don't seem to be accounting for the inevitable promotion and relegation after the first season, which would force the best and worst teams from the league.

Absolute best-case scenario is you magically have 30 teams at the same level for one season. Then you hope that the promoted teams get relegated the next season back down to your level and the relegated teams get promoted back up to your level, while the teams who stayed at the same level don't get promoted or relegated.

It's a fun idea, and I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but it seems like a *lot* of effort for maybe one season if everything works out perfectly.
I totally get where you're coming from, and I agree it is a bit of a challenge, especially with pro/rel and things like that. I admit that I should've planned this out a bit earlier than I did, but I feel we can get one, two, maybe three cycles of this league in PT20 if things go well. I do think this will eventually work, and it will take some time. I appreciate the feedback, though (I've already got the message about pro/rel earlier, lol), and I'll keep it in mind if we do this again in the future.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Old 04-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #50
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I totally get where you're coming from, and I agree it is a bit of a challenge, especially with pro/rel and things like that. I admit that I should've planned this out a bit earlier than I did, but I feel we can get one, two, maybe three cycles of this league in PT20 if things go well. I do think this will eventually work, and it will take some time. I appreciate the feedback, though (I've already got the message about pro/rel earlier, lol), and I'll keep it in mind if we do this again in the future.
Even if it is just for one or two cycles, the payoff will be tremendous. I honestly don't think there's anything more that you could do to prepare. I'm rooting for you guys.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #51
Arinelle
Bat Boy

I really like the 50 point rule, but my team only adds up to 11, so it's no big deal for me. As-is, just following this theme has been fun - my league has four players from this thread, and I'm fairly sure I'll meet one of them if I make it to the playoffs.

PT 21:

PT 20:
Arinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #52
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Once perfect leagues get filled out this will be much easier because things will normalize and go to 4 promoted/4 relegated
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #53
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

My Yankees team is only at 30 points with this system already
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #54
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I think we should use the 50-point system for this league, like dave suggested. I think that'd be fun to see what we come up with. In fact, I will implement it as part of the rules for the league. I think that'd help with competitive balance.
Just had a thought...Any chance we can ask the devs for a permanent 30-team “tournament” to house this?

This way, the league can stay intact for multiple seasons and not be subject to promotion/relegation.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #55
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just had a thought...Any chance we can ask the devs for a permanent 30-team “tournament” to house this?

This way, the league can stay intact for multiple seasons and not be subject to promotion/relegation.
Nah, I don't think that'd be possible. I don't think they'd cater that much to one single project. It would be cool, but I don't see that happening.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #56
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Finally got the game! Yeah! Username is jeffstified_atl. Starter packs only yielded 1 Brave (Bob Buhl), so pretty big rebuild ahead.

I like the sound of a cap. But, is 50 too high? That number was for a perfect whale league. To be competitive, we don't want any whales, right? From the original card list, there are 11 teams that can't reach that number at all. And, Boston could still have all 9 of its perfects.

I also like the idea of freezing rosters for playoffs. Probably freeze at 10am Saturday. I wish PT had this rule anyway.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #57
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
I like the sound of a cap. But, is 50 too high? That number was for a perfect whale league. To be competitive, we don't want any whales, right? From the original card list, there are 11 teams that can't reach that number at all. And, Boston could still have all 9 of its perfects.
So, what do you think? Should we lower it to 40?

Old 04-12-2019, 08:38 PM   #58
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
So, what do you think? Should we lower it to 40?
Sure. I’m Kool-Mo-Dee with it.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #59
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Exclamation

Yep, I'm going to change the max of 50 points down to 40. Hopefully that'll be alright for everyone, and I'll change the rules to reflect as such.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #60
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Dish, can you post the current friends list? I'll make sure to add them for my Phillies theme username before the new leagues start on Monday.

I'm using daveh2018_3 for the Philadelphia Phillies