Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
sjgmoney
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any Statslab draft experts in the house?

Trying to set up draft in StatsLab16, imported draft class but for some reason only pitchers are showing up in the team Warroom, no batters, The imported file contains batters, and I know Statslab sees them because I tested it with some auto picks and it chose some batters. Just can't figure out what's wrong, any help would be appreciated.
sjgmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

have u the filter in the warroom on pitchers?
Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
sjgmoney
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lol, no I am looking for batters. I actually tried just about ever configuration of the filters, nothing. Even had another experienced GM in our league try and see what showed for him, only pitchers.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
threesportgeek
Minors (Double A)

You need to narrow your filter to batters or pitchers then export results to get either exported in the respective .csv file. For example, the batters.csv would be batters only and pitchers.csv for pitchers. However, if you want to in the upper left hand corner you can do a full export of the draft pool (selected and unselected picks). Then you can pretty much filter any category in excel after export.

Last edited by threesportgeek; 02-21-2016 at 03:48 PM.
threesportgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #5
sjgmoney
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't think you understand what I am trying to do or the problem. We are trying to do draft inside Statslab, I already exported draft eligible players from the game and imported them into Statslab. Pitchers show up inside Statslab, batters do not for some reason.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)

Try explaining step by step what you did to import into statslab, because there may have been an issue there. Im assuming you went to the draft screen > Import / Export draft eligble players to CSV file then from there you will have 2 files, Draft (order) & Draft eligible players. In Statslab, you import the draft pool > Regenerate Draft Pool > Generate Auto Draft List.

Maybe check how many players it says are imported into the auto draft list / generated draft pool? If its a low number, then you know only the pitchers were exported. Could be a filter you had in OOTP when exporting the files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgmoney View Post
I don't think you understand what I am trying to do or the problem. We are trying to do draft inside Statslab, I already exported draft eligible players from the game and imported them into Statslab. Pitchers show up inside Statslab, batters do not for some reason.
BrandonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #7
sjgmoney
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonS View Post
Try explaining step by step what you did to import into statslab, because there may have been an issue there. Im assuming you went to the draft screen > Import / Export draft eligble players to CSV file then from there you will have 2 files, Draft (order) & Draft eligible players. In Statslab, you import the draft pool > Regenerate Draft Pool > Generate Auto Draft List.

Maybe check how many players it says are imported into the auto draft list / generated draft pool? If its a low number, then you know only the pitchers were exported. Could be a filter you had in OOTP when exporting the files?
Exactly that:
1. Import/export draft eligible player list and draft order. (In the game this shows a total of 844 players, all positions)
2. In statslab imported both files. With players I imported draft pool>Generate auto draft list. Shows a total of 844 players are imported, sounds perfect
(you said above regenerate draft pool, I don't believe this is correct, you either do this OR import draft pool, one or the other)

3. Go to warroom and all pitchers show up, but no batters.

To clarify a point above, I tried regerate draft pool, Statslab actually shows a draft pool of 877 players (so it adds in 33 more for some reason) but when I go to draft warroom again only pitchers are seen, no batters. And yes I know how to see batters vs pitchers.

I also tried exporting the draft pool from within staslab (after importing) and the export looks fine, all positions.

To further test things, I ran a mock draft and had statslab auto pick players, and they did choose other positions besides pitcher, so I know it sees them. No GMs can in the warroom though.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #8
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)

put up a screenshot of what your filters look like? for example

Quote:
Exactly that:
1. Import/export draft eligible player list and draft order. (In the game this shows a total of 844 players, all positions)
2. In statslab imported both files. With players I imported draft pool>Generate auto draft list. Shows a total of 844 players are imported, sounds perfect
(you said above regenerate draft pool, I don't believe this is correct, you either do this OR import draft pool, one or the other)

3. Go to warroom and all pitchers show up, but no batters.

To clarify a point above, I tried regerate draft pool, Statslab actually shows a draft pool of 877 players (so it adds in 33 more for some reason) but when I go to draft warroom again only pitchers are seen, no batters. And yes I know how to see batters vs pitchers.

I also tried exporting the draft pool from within staslab (after importing) and the export looks fine, all positions.

To further test things, I ran a mock draft and had statslab auto pick players, and they did choose other positions besides pitcher, so I know it sees them. No GMs can in the warroom though.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:06 PM   #9
sjgmoney
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here's batters and then pitchers
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
BrandonS
Minors (Double A)

Ah, theres the issue. You'll have to go to your cpanel and ftp file manager to fix that error. Try reinstalling Statslab or atleast double checking that you're on the latest version (which can be found here: StatsLab Wiki ) there was a patch for 16 this summer, not sure if that will fix your situation however if you reinstall statslab then your issue will likely be fixed.

I cant guarantee that will fix it, but i THINK it will. Fhomess would have to give you more assistance if reinstalling doesnt work.

Edit: When reinstalling, make sure you delete all previous instances of Statslab, starting fresh.

Quote:
Here's batters and then pitchers
Old 02-21-2016, 07:15 PM   #11
sjgmoney
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Got the latest version of statslab installed, actually did a clean install a couple of days ago, not really excited about re-doing it, I think I'll wait for Fhomess to get back to me, I sent him a pm (don't have his email)

Last edited by sjgmoney; 02-21-2016 at 07:18 PM.