Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #41
tward13
All Star Starter

Good luck on your hospital stay (not knowing the reason for the stay)
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #42
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Good luck with the treatment Matt. Hope you are well soon and we can meet up at a Clan game again soon. Take care and god bless.
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #43
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
I'm going into hospital on Monday...
Hope it goes well. Best wishes to you.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #44
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
Hope it goes well. Best wishes to you.
Second that.. Good luck

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #45
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
The Dev team should you're right. But Cole is part of PR and marketing and is part of the Beta test. What's to stop him from sharing posts like the one he started today or screen shotting his way through a career so that people can know whats going on? What's to stop him from pulling up a BETA for the FHM 14 patch and sharing that with us?

Hopefully nothing. He's doing a good job here at the forums of keeping things calm, I just wish his leash was a little looser.
I am under the same NDA as all other beta testers and while I do have a pretty direct line of communication to the developers and can normally get stuff approved easily, I don't have carte blanche to simply post whatever I want, whenever. You are right there should be more posted and there will be more posted, but I've explained a couple times here before while this hasn't really been the typical release hype/promo cycle you would normally see (and will see for future games).

I will use the below point to expand on it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
Don't forget Cole is also text writer for OOTP, and that's much more important.
This. The way this development cycle has worked out, there is A LOT of text needing to be written for FHM 2 at the moment. This has to do with the reworking of the game engine and also how the game flows (I will post a thread on this topic later, for the information of people) ... In a regular development/release cycle I of course would be doing some text writing too, but would be able to focus more on the PR/marketing part of things as well.

As it stands, there are only 'X' amount of hours in a day/week I can devote to FHM 2 and I can assure you that in the end improving the text will be much more valuable to the game than spending lots of times simming/releasing screenshots, etc.

It's hard for me not to take things slightly personally when I read that the PR/marketing has been lacking for this game - but I know it's true to a degree and it's just the nature of the release for this game. I can assure you all I'm a pretty competent guy and for future releases, when we have the solid base of FHM 2 under us (and will thus have more defined release schedules going forward), the PR/marketing will continue to improve. I'm happy to read some people think the communication is starting to improve. I endeavour to keep that going for all of you.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #46
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I would like too make Fictional League plans but I need more information(expansion,schedules,divisional set-up,etc).
What specifically would you like to know?

Also, hope all turns out well Penfold, good luck.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #47
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
It's hard for me not to take things slightly personally when I read that the PR/marketing has been lacking for this game - but I know it's true to a degree and it's just the nature of the release for this game. I can assure you all I'm a pretty competent guy and for future releases, when we have the solid base of FHM 2 under us (and will thus have more defined release schedules going forward), the PR/marketing will continue to improve. I'm happy to read some people think the communication is starting to improve. I endeavour to keep that going for all of you.
And I commend you. You've handled your self MUCH better than some others have. Bravo. I fully believe in you because ultimately, I trust Markus and the franchise that HE has built.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:20 PM   #48
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What specifically would you like to know?

Also, hope all turns out well Penfold, good luck.
Playable leagues?

Can the minor league of the fictional major league have fewer or more teams than its fictional major league?

How many different schedule options will there be per fictional league?

How many different choices of number of teams(plus divisions) per fictional league?

How much with a league that starts with 30 teams be able to expand until it meets it limit?

Can smaller fictional leagues keep on expanding(2 teams at a time) until it meets the limit that the 30 team league meets.

Can the age of historical players be changed so they can continue too play indefinitely?

Can teams in the minor league play as an independent?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-25-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #49
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Playable leagues?

Can the minor league of the fictional major league have fewer or more teams than its fictional major league?

How many different choices of number of teams(plus divisions) per fictional league?

How much with a league that starts with 30 teams be able to expand until it meets it limit?

Can smaller fictional leagues keep on expanding(2 teams at a time) until it meets the limit that the 30 team league meets.

Can the age of historical players be changed so they can continue too play indefinitely?

Now I regret asking Bear with me, much of this stuff isn't stuff I know off the top of my head. I'll pop the game open soon, do some digging and get back to you ASAP with as many answers as I can.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #50
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Playable leagues?
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, Tipsport Extraliga, Elite Ice Hockey League, English Premier Ice Hockey League, NIHL North D1 - Moralee, NIHL South D1, Liiga, Mestis, Suomi-Sarja, Ligue Magnus, Deutsche Liga, Asia League Ice Hockey, GET-Ligaen, Kontinental Hockey League, Swedish Hockey League, Allsvenskan, Nationallia A, National Hockey League, American Hockey League, ECHL, Federal Hockey League.

Quote:
No, it's the same amount of teams in the creation wizard.

Quote:
It depends on how many teams you want and how many games. There are just a set number of templates. For example for 30 teams you can either have 2 conferences, 6 divisions, 82 games or 2 conferences, 4 divisions, 82 games, or 2 conferences, 4 divisions, 76 games.

There are more options for certain numbers of teams, less for others.

Quote:
In total there are 35 different fictional league configurations with different schedule lengths, number of teams, number of divisions/conferences, etc.

Quote:
I know one of our beta testers said he had expanded by 10 teams before with no problem ... That being said, I know it's an issue of the schedule length and which ones are loaded and I've also heard that 36 might be the limit. This is something I just simply don't have the time to actually test myself at this point and it might actually be unsure at this point (adding in schedules would be a final detail type thing, so may still be up in the air)

Quote:
In theory I don't see why this would be a problem, but once again, I'm sure obviously you can understand I don't have the time to test this.

Quote:
Yes, you could go into the editor and change age and this would work if you have the setting to retire them in their actual final season turned off.

Quote:
There is an option to turn "NONE" for parent team.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:50 AM   #51
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yesterday was going to be my last post but I couldn't sleep (mixture of pain and dreading the hospital) and I logged in. Cole my posts were never meant as a personal dig at you but working in IT myself I know it is hard not to take some criticism personally. I apologise if any of my posts have caused any offence.

My hope by posting what I did was that maybe it would push up a level the promotion of the game. I was a huge fan of EHM when it came out in its freeware days and then when it was released by SI games. The issues with communication and FHM are historical dating back to the first version and a lot of my frustration certainly comes from that time. What I see in FHM is a game that has the potential to eclipse whatever may become of EHM in the future. I think that FHM will be the frontrunner of Hockey simulations in time. Guys like Sebastian and the rest of the Dev team will make that happen and I wish them all the luck in the world.

It has been good to see your posts recently and I never thought that there was any issue with you being incompetent. I think you will be an asset to OOTP as you are clearly trying to change things as much as you can and information allows.

A lot of crap has, i think unfairly, come my way recently through my own work as the last project my team were working on has been delayed and despite officially being off sick I have been trying to work on it at home. I bet they are wishing they had hired or chosen someone to shadow me now. I think if the communication with the forum continues to improve it will save the whole OOTP team from a lot of future flack.

So Cole good luck and all the best with FHM2.

Last edited by Penfold75; 06-26-2015 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Grammatical mayhem :-)
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #52
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I want to turn the AHL into an independent major league.

It shouldn't be a problem moving entire teams from the NHL or ECHL to the AHL(moving players manually one at a time)?

I want to move Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings to the AHL(or newly formed Super-AHL). I would replace Toronto and Detroit NHL teams with replacement teams(Toronto Toros and Detroit Cougars). I will disband Lake Erie Monsters(move all players to other AHL teams) and let Detroit Red Wings take over for Lake Erie and Toronto would replace another AHL team.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-26-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #53
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I want to turn the AHL into an independent major league.

It shouldn't be a problem moving entire teams from the NHL or ECHL to the AHL(moving players manually one at a time)?

I want to move Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings to the AHL(or newly formed Super-AHL). I would replace Toronto and Detroit NHL teams with replacement teams(Toronto Toros and Detroit Cougars). I will disband Lake Erie Monsters(move all players to other AHL teams) and let Detroit Red Wings take over for Lake Erie and Toronto would replace another AHL team.
Yes, you are able to move players to different teams through commissioner mode/editor. I won't go on record as saying what you want to do will work exactly as you want it, because obviously that's quite a specific plan (and the "Super AHL" would still be viewed as the minor league for the NHL, plus the NHL would no longer have a minor league) ... But.. it's definitely possible it might work, so give it a shot once the game drops.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #54
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I would want the ECHL as top minor league for the NHL.

If an NHL team doesn't have a minor league team in the AHL(per FHM) players get sent to the ECHL instead?

Getting back to the real world(per FHM) if an NHL team has two teams in the AHL(per FHM) do players get sent to both teams or does one team receive the majority of players?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-26-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #55
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would want the ECHL as top minor league for the NHL.

If an NHL team doesn't have a minor league team in the AHL(per FHM) players get sent to the ECHL instead?

Getting back to the real world(per FHM) if an NHL team has two teams in the AHL(per FHM) do players get sent to both teams or does one team receive the majority of players?
Hi,

I spent a not insignificant amount of time finding answers to your first set of questions because you asked politely and I felt obliged. However, your queries are incredibly specific and are things that do take a fair bit of time for me to figure out (as thus far in my playing of the game I haven't created a league with some of these unique sets of rules and setups) ...

I do have a laundry list of other FHM-related tasks I need to be digging into though going forward, so I will have to leave you to discover the answer to these on your own once you get the game. I don't want to false promise anything and your very specific scenarios take a bit of figuring to see if/how they would work, so respectfully, I am going to leave this question be.

I will reiterate however that complete customization of every single aspect of the fictional game is not something that is a goal or something being promised for FHM 2.

The idea is to create something that is stable, works well and has some form of customization, which is what we have (and of course to focus on getting the real life game as solid as possible too).

All that being said, you are speaking with a mainly fictional player myself, so without a doubt I will be urging us wherever possible in the future to make improvements to enhance the fictional game.

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #56
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Cole, if I may ask a question?
Is the staff of FHM currently in an online league with one another for testing purposes?
Are you part of that process?

If so, I'm just looking for any 'cool' or interesting stories that may have occurred throughout this online league.

Thanks!
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #57
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Hi,

I know there was some sort of work going on with the online league stuff in order to test it, but I'm not entirely sure what it entailed and no, I wasn't a part of it and thus I haven't really heard any interesting tales for you, unfortunately. Sorry!
Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #58
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hi,

I know there was some sort of work going on with the online league stuff in order to test it, but I'm not entirely sure what it entailed and no, I wasn't a part of it and thus I haven't really heard any interesting tales for you, unfortunately. Sorry!
No problem. Thanks for the quick reply!
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #59
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hi,

I spent a not insignificant amount of time finding answers to your first set of questions because you asked politely and I felt obliged. However, your queries are incredibly specific and are things that do take a fair bit of time for me to figure out (as thus far in my playing of the game I haven't created a league with some of these unique sets of rules and setups) ...

I do have a laundry list of other FHM-related tasks I need to be digging into though going forward, so I will have to leave you to discover the answer to these on your own once you get the game. I don't want to false promise anything and your very specific scenarios take a bit of figuring to see if/how they would work, so respectfully, I am going to leave this question be.

I will reiterate however that complete customization of every single aspect of the fictional game is not something that is a goal or something being promised for FHM 2.

The idea is to create something that is stable, works well and has some form of customization, which is what we have (and of course to focus on getting the real life game as solid as possible too).

All that being said, you are speaking with a mainly fictional player myself, so without a doubt I will be urging us wherever possible in the future to make improvements to enhance the fictional game.

Thanks.

As long as I can edit at anytime(during the season or off-season) that's all that matter's as how I play the game.

My idea's should work(either modern or fictional).

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-27-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #60
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
As long as I can edit at anytime(during the season or off-season) that's all that matter's as how I play the game.

My idea's should work(either modern or fictional).
Based on what I've heard in other threads, you can edit players whenever you want, and I imagine teams can be done so as well. So that shouldn't really be a problem. But I'm sure someone else can answer easier, too.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote