Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #81
clamel
All Star Starter

I just started a dynasty in 1987.
In July the following players has been FA all of 1988 seasons.
Wade Boggs
Frank Viola
Kirby Puckett
Andre Dawson
Mike Greenwell
Bobby Bonilla
Alan Trammel
Darryl Strawberry
Danny Tartabull
Steve Sax
Tom Henke
Andres Gallaraga
Kal Daniels
Tom Henke
Dwayne Murphy
Jack Clark
Lee Smith
George Bell
Lloyd Moseby
Rickey Henderson
shall I go on.

Oh I forgot Cal Ripken he-he

They are demanding about 1 million plus to be signed so that can´t be to much, or

I find it strange that soooo many top players haven´t been signed. I play with finacials for the the year, coaches

What could be the trouble ????
I haven´t seen this outburst of FA in earlier version...

Last edited by clamel; 10-18-2009 at 09:31 AM.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #82
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
I find it strange that soooo many top players haven´t been signed. I play with financials for the the year, coaches

What could be the trouble ????
I haven´t seen this outburst of FA in earlier version...
My guess this isn't a bug. All I can imagine is that nobody has any money to sign players. If you changed something in the financials that messed with all the team budgets (like prices or media contracts or something else), it might be affecting team's ability to spend money. Sounds like you might have to monkey with the financials more.

My suggestion would be to start a separate thread and post a typical financial page for a team or two. Maybe you can get some suggestion on how to proceed from there.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #83
satchel
Hall Of Famer

The patch fixes BZ 3417, the missing "Other" ratings on html player reports in "Talent only" leagues. This was my (and the Jamaica League's) most important issue, and we are happy, and grateful, that Markus corrected this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabermetric Baseball View Post
-The very first time I ran the game after installing the patch, I got two different error messages about templates...
This happened to me, too. It seems that the newest update of the game adds two template files to the inventory, and uses them. Since the JL uses a custom set of templates, I have a modded set of the .tpl files in my league folder. My custom set was made up of modded versions of the old group of templates, and, therefore, lacked the two extra new templates which an up-to-date, patched version of the game requires. So, the error message popped up on me, just as it did you. I compared the old set of templates with the new set, and found the two missing from my custom set. I copied and edited them, and added them to my league's modded bunch.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #84
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
It doesn't work this way in OOTP. If they have options, they can be waived revocably. OOTP doesn't deliniate reason for waivers.
Not anymore! I personally verified this bug was squished. If you try to remove a player from the 40-man roster, it's irrevocable waivers...as it's supposed to be.

So, if mikev is claiming that the pullback option isn't working right when he tries to remove a player from the 40-man roster, then something is terribly amiss, because you shouldn't even HAVE a pullback option.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #85
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
Not anymore! I personally verified this bug was squished. If you try to remove a player from the 40-man roster, it's irrevocable waivers...as it's supposed to be.

So, if mikev is claiming that the pullback option isn't working right when he tries to remove a player from the 40-man roster, then something is terribly amiss, because you shouldn't even HAVE a pullback option.

I sent mikev a PM earlier asking him to verify that for us since he did not respond to my post asking him to clarify if he is still having this problem or if he was just asking if it was fixed.

I have been unable to find this bug since it was fixed myself, so am hoping that it is indeed squashed.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #86
Afino
Hall Of Famer

What he is failing to mention is that the GUBA hasn't even upgraded to the new patch yet.

It's funny that he can say something's still wrong when he hasn't used the upgraded version to verify it still IS wrong.

Last edited by Afino; 10-18-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #87
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Is anyone seeing things like this after the patch? I don't recall seeing this in the 6 seasons before I installed the patch

NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #88
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for adding the feedback on an issue like that, NYY, but do me a favor and cross post that one over in Tech Support, will you? I have an idea on that, but I'd rather we take up the space over there to sort it out. In addition, I don't want to lose track of that one.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #89
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Thanks for adding the feedback on an issue like that, NYY, but do me a favor and cross post that one over in Tech Support, will you? I have an idea on that, but I'd rather we take up the space over there to sort it out. In addition, I don't want to lose track of that one.
Thanks. It is posted over there now.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #90
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Cowboy View Post
I am disappointed the transaction log bug hasn't been fixed. The logs still erase at the end of the playoffs, even if you have "keep all" selected for them in the general options.
Version 10.4.30 will fix this
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #91
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
Good to know. Thanks for the correction.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #92
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
What he is failing to mention is that the GUBA hasn't even upgraded to the new patch yet.

It's funny that he can say something's still wrong when he hasn't used the upgraded version to verify it still IS wrong.
Maybe if when they released a patch they did so for all supported platforms, we would upgrade.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #93
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Thank you, Markus!

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #94
thehatfield
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Huzzah!

SBC - Western Suburbs Magpies

no pressure no problem

thehatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #95
Puckett guy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I have not noticed any difference in the in-game sound. I still get sudden spikes in volume, and the heavy metal music is still there.
Hmmm... well admittedly I had only played out one game post patch before making the comment that the sound was improved. I know the problems you are talking about, but for the game I played out the background sound was markedly better, no volume increases no heavy metal stuff. I have not had the time to return to OOTP since then.

Maybe the aluminum foil on my head brought in a different radio broadcast.

Last edited by Puckett guy; 10-19-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Puckett guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #96
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I have not noticed any difference in the in-game sound. I still get sudden spikes in volume, and the heavy metal music is still there.
I know Markus and PISD Paul fixed a couple of sound problems for Patch 4. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the audio is improved. I also would recommend using the "sound mod" on Padresfan's website. No more heavy metal music. Better crowd noise. More baseball sounds. (IMO, of course.)
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #97
Puckett guy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I know Markus and PISD Paul fixed a couple of sound problems for Patch 4. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the audio is improved. I also would recommend using the "sound mod" on Padresfan's website. No more heavy metal music. Better crowd noise. More baseball sounds. (IMO, of course.)
You know what, I think I installed that sound mod and then forgot I did. Senility may be setting in. In any event the sounds in the patched game seem to be improved.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #98
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

LOL -- here's the senility prayer (in case you haven't heard it before):

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #99
dangarion
All Star Reserve

I got some feedback. Don't release the patches until both the Windows and Mac versions are ready... People are trying to run multiplayer leagues here...
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #100
Stu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
I got some feedback. Don't release the patches until both the Windows and Mac versions are ready... People are trying to run multiplayer leagues here...
I don't see how this is an OOTP problem. It's up to the commish to decide when to upgrade their league.