Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
cbbl
All Star Starter

I thought I might try again...

But no...another OOTP issue I can't get over.

I haven't played OOTP in a while ... I had an issue with expansion that prompted me to abandon my last league, but after a number of months with no OOTP, I decided to play again by setting up a new league.

I'm running a Mac, and moved all OOTP files and folders, except my former league folder, to the trash. I redownloaded, reinstalled, and relicensed OOTP.

I started it up, loaded my old league and looked around.

I set up a new league, saved templates, did research, spent time, and got everything ready. I started the league and began to customize teams. When loading a team's logo I got a "Cannot save file. Perhaps file is in use or write protected?" error and could not load the file -- or any other. They were the same files from my former league (cephasjames'). I even loaded my old league and noted the logos were there -- in that league I could load the new picture files!

Not having any idea why this would be, I erased my new league and tried again -- started a new league, entered a team, selected a logo -- ERROR.

HUH?

I am so ready to quit ... quit ... quit. This program is too complex for its own good.

Please assist.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

Hi cbbl -
Where do all your OOTP folders currently sit on your drive?

*"Out of the Park Developments" folder with "OOTP Baseball 9" folder inside that contains "data" and the app.

*"OOTP9" folder (usually empty)

*A second "Out of the Park Developments" folder with a second "OOTP Baseball 9" folder inside that contains "addons, ballcaps, etc.

And have you patched over the original OOTP9 or did you redownload the most up todate version?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that error message is a bear. I fought it quite a bit customizing mine. Don't take my word for it, but IIRC, the problem I kept running into was that the filename already existed. Something on that order. I think what I did was make sure I renamed the files, or if I was bringing them over pre-made or from Photoshop, made sure the new name was different that the game-created so I could select it with confidence from the menu you're referring to in your OP. Remember though, if you select that file from that menu, you can't make changes in the color schemes from that screen any longer. At least w/o changing everything on that uni back to its original form.

Somebody with more skills than I possess will chime in, but rest assured it's nothing that you can't overcome with a little trial and error. Yes, it's probably harder than it has to be, but the game's worth it. You know it is.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
cbbl
All Star Starter

Hey guys ... I did a reinstall after moving everything to the trash. Perhaps to be on the safe side, I should do a full uninstall of OOTP. Of course on a Mac, uninstalling is as simple as moving to the trash, but I do know OOTP creates that hidden folder too. Do I need to erase that also?

Endgame, I don't think it was quite that simple as it wouldn't load any picture file -- even if I called it 1234fs43.png.

I think the best avenue is to eradicate OOTP from the system and start fresh one more time -- clean install.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 AM   #5
Tony M
Global Moderator

As there hasn't been an update to this in over a month it will be closed for housekeeping purposes.