Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Player Creation Modifiers

If I want to lower the offense in my league without changing the league total modifiers, can I do this through player creation modifiers? Let's say I lower the batting power, contact, etc. for one draft. Will there be any adverse effects or effects that I am not thinking of? Of course it probably wont change much if I only do this for one draft and I will have to wait many years to see effects (if there are any).

The AL ERA just jumped from 4.84 to 5.14! Crazy. Also the NL's is just hovering around 4.40. Does having a DH make that much of a difference?

Last edited by Tyler87898; 04-08-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

What's the FIP instead of ERA? You may be looking at a defensive collapse more than an offensive surge. Would be best to narrow down the cause before taking the hatchet to the settings. Know which ones need to be tweaked.

Last edited by Silent_Thunder; 04-08-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #3
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Oh that makes sense.

Also, I don't see league FIP in the league history anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction?
Old 04-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Using PCM would be like throwing darts blindfolded. Biggest problem is it would take years to have any effect and if you go to far it would take years to correct. LTM are specifically designed to make changes by season. That alone makes them far better suited.

May I ask why you don't want to use them?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #5
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Using PCM would be like throwing darts blindfolded. Biggest problem is it would take years to have any effect and if you go to far it would take years to correct. LTM are specifically designed to make changes by season. That alone makes them far better suited.

Ok you might not like this answer but I really don't want to mess them up. At one point I kind of tried to run some tests in a test league but it was hard to replicate the conditions of my league. I just gave up after a couple test years (cause it took so long to sim).

So basically, I don't want to mess things up because changing them is kind of confusing.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:50 AM   #6
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post

The reason I wouldn't want to change LTMs is because the player rating should dictate the output, not the other way around. NoOne, I believe presented a very good argument against them if I remember correctly.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote