Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM5 Hotfix, Version 5.5.55, Now Available

A new hotfix update for Franchise Hockey Manager 5, version 5.5.55, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

The main purpose of the hotfix is to fix a crash bug that had the potential to affect a lot of people, particularly in long-running games; we didn't want to leave that one around over the holidays. A few other things we'd worked on since the 5.5.54 release also made it in.

Changes:

-fixed a potential crash-causing bug that could make a game impossible to continue if certain teams were promoted to playable leagues (fix will apply to existing games and prevent future crashes like that as well, no need to restart)
-fixed crash when saving an online league after the commissioner makes a contract offer to a player on behalf of a human GM
-expansion teams will now hire staff properly in all game types
-cleaned up the CSV standings file so each league doesn't repeate the team data for every team in the database
-when highlights mode is set to many/average/few, the popup rink location will now be displayed at the bottom-left instead of the centre of the screen, as it is for other modes

Last edited by JeffR; 12-21-2018 at 09:20 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Something I'm noticing in games is when selecting penalty kill units the game will override your selection and choose the forward and defence pair on it's own. This is with the latest update.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Something I'm noticing in games is when selecting penalty kill units the game will override your selection and choose the forward and defence pair on it's own. This is with the latest update.
I'll check it out. The game will have to make substitutions at times if e.g. the designated penalty killers are all too fatigued to take a shift, but it shouldn't be happening to the point where your selected guys are getting less PK time than other players.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Looking around different leagues in my save I notice that the AHL is going by % not points for Division, Conferences & overall Leagues standings
Name:  screenshot_42.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  165.4 KB
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Looking around different leagues in my save I notice that the AHL is going by % not points for Division, Conferences & overall Leagues standings
it's correct as the Californian teams play less games. Have a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E...319_AHL_season
Alessandro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Contract issues
Luongo is making $4.5M but when I offer him a new contract states he's only making $850,000. Something is not right.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Contract issues
Luongo is making $4.5M but when I offer him a new contract states he's only making $850,000. Something is not right.

Are cap hit and actual salary the same?

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #8
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Is salary is $850,000.00 but his cap hit is $4.5M
Name:  Luongo Contact 1.PNG
Views: 456
Size:  194.9 KB
Old 12-28-2018, 04:17 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

That's as it should be, his contract was heavily front-loaded - $10 million in salary in the first year, $6.7m a year for the next 7. Now he's in the later stages where his salary is lower than the averaged annual value that's used to calculate the cap hit.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:50 AM   #10
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's as it should be, his contract was heavily front-loaded - $10 million in salary in the first year, $6.7m a year for the next 7. Now he's in the later stages where his salary is lower than the averaged annual value that's used to calculate the cap hit.
Related to that, do teams with lower budget would take that into consideration during trades proposals? This way they can reach minimum cap and the player cost them less in reality. We’ve seen a couple of trades like that in the past couple of years.
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:06 AM   #11
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'll check it out. The game will have to make substitutions at times if e.g. the designated penalty killers are all too fatigued to take a shift, but it shouldn't be happening to the point where your selected guys are getting less PK time than other players.
From my experience it's doing the opposite, and choosing two heavily fatigued PKers lol

Coach is a hard ass.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
From my experience it's doing the opposite, and choosing two heavily fatigued PKers lol

Coach is a hard ass.
OK, I'll check it out. I remember us fixing a problem with special teams usage deviating from the plan, but that was quite a while back and we've made other changes to the line AI since then, could be that something broke the fix or found a new way to cause problems.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
Related to that, do teams with lower budget would take that into consideration during trades proposals? This way they can reach minimum cap and the player cost them less in reality. We’ve seen a couple of trades like that in the past couple of years.
One of the emergency measures the AI will use if it's below the floor will look for guys like that, but in other situations the only way it'll come into play in a negotiation is if one side needs to take on a big cap hit so the deal will keep the other team under the cap.