Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Depth chart separate from lineup subs

Currently, the depth charts and lineup substitutions are joined together on one screen (lineups and depth charts).

This is sufficient for most cases.

The place where it is drastically deficient, are cases where I need to indicate defensive position changes during (automatic AI substitutions).

The typical example is a player with multiple defensive positions.
For example:
I have a SS with a 99 defense rating at SS.
I have a 2B with a 85 defense rating at 2B and 90 defense rating at SS.
I have a 1B starting batter with an 84 rating at 2B.

On the day my starting SS (with 99 defense rating) is tired, I need a way to tell the OOTP AI to move my starting 2B to SS (where he is rated 90) and have my player with an 84 rating to move to 2B.

Currently, there is no way to indicate such instructions to the OOTP AI when it is automatically filling out lineups.

To any human, such changes would be obvious. But the AI does not make wise decisions on its own.

Furthermore, the game screens will not even let me list my starting 2B as a backup (utility 1) shortstop because he is already listed in the lineup at 2B.

The way to get around this, would be the way real life MLB teams approach defensive position depth charts. Have two tables, charts, or screens. One for defensive position decisions. A second for lineup batting order decisions.

By listing defensive positions completely separate from batting order lineups. And have batting order lineup substitutions regardless of defensive positional placement in the field.

For example:
SS position: player rated 99, player rated 90, ...
2B position: player rated 85, player rated 84, ...

Batting order:
1B with OPS of .900 (2b rating 84)
2B with OPS of .850 (ss rating 90, 2b rating 85)
SS with OPS of .700 (ss rating 99)

Here is a real life example of a positional depth chart. Note that batting order is irrelevant.
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/depth_chart/index.jsp?c_id=ana

And here are some lineups (probably don't need to give an example):
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...s-all-30-teams

I understand this would necessarily lead to complication of the algorithm used by the AI in setting starting lineups and positions automatically.

If OOTP would consider improving this feature, I would be happy to put together an algorithm and source code.

This is the feature I find most lacking with OOTP 18.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 11-18-2017 at 08:50 PM.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote