Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:52 AM   #81
JimboGM
Minors (Single A)

This is a fantastic, well-run league with a passionate group of committed GMs. The community on Slack is vibrant with daily chatter and frequent trades.

If you like rebuilding, Miami is a great opportunity. They have the #7 minor league system, including the #2 prospect overall who is making his debut this season.

You won't regret joining the TBC if you like amazing online leagues.

http://happybandits.com/ootp/online_leagues/sbc_main/- Geelong Cats

http://statsplus.net/cba/- Detroit Motors
JimboGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #82
Scharbach
Bat Boy

Looking to join

Hey guys seen where you've had some openings with existing/expansion teams. I would definitely be interested in joining in on the fun. I have never been in an online league before but looks like loads of fun with the way you guys do things. I have pre ordered OOTP 18 have played a few previous versions but not 17 as I don't have it. But I'd like to be on a waiting list perhaps for when you transfer over to 18. I know you may not have openings at that time but I could wait until you did. Hope to join in on the fun.
Scharbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:00 AM   #83
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Stay Tuned for openings. Once we completely convert, We will open our European league, The CEB, to the public as a Pro/Rel league

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #84
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Will be interested in joining that. Please keep me informed.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #85
kidcoffeyblack
Bat Boy

same, signed up on the application excited to say the least
kidcoffeyblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #86
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

A lot of interest! 4 spots remaining.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #87
okcyankee
Minors (Triple A)

Filled out form and I am very interested in joining this league.

okcyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:00 AM   #88
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

2 teams available here

Old 04-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #89
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Good thing to be aware of: if you don't believe in God the Almighty as creator of heaven and earth then this isn't the league for you.

Expect daily bible quotes in the Slack channel and if you present a counterpoint to religion or post a quote challenging organized religion, even after being told by the commissioner that it's ok to have open discussion, expect to be shunned and told you're a troublemaker for doing so.

Wasn't kicked out and left on my own accord because I can't be in an environment that eschews logic and science for blind devotion to some ancient fairy tale, but just something to be aware of here. I always find it interesting when the religious ones do the ostracizing.
TanzKommandant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #90
ClownQuestions
Bat Boy

Wow! Sounds like your every day life must be very tough if you aren't able to be around people who have different opinions than your own.
ClownQuestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #91
RightBack2
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzKommandant View Post
Good thing to be aware of: if you don't believe in God the Almighty as creator of heaven and earth then this isn't the league for you.

Expect daily bible quotes in the Slack channel and if you present a counterpoint to religion or post a quote challenging organized religion, even after being told by the commissioner that it's ok to have open discussion, expect to be shunned and told you're a troublemaker for doing so.

Wasn't kicked out and left on my own accord because I can't be in an environment that eschews logic and science for blind devotion to some ancient fairy tale, but just something to be aware of here. I always find it interesting when the religious ones do the ostracizing.
I'm in this league and I'm not a religious guy but I love this league. I'm came here for a good competitive baseball league, not to discuss religion.
RightBack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:04 AM   #92
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Well I won't get into an arguing match here. I will say that we are not a league that accepts hatred of others for their age, sex, race, or religion.

We have one member that has been posting a peaceful bible quote every morning for the last year not to push his religion to others, but as a ritual of inner fortitude. The above former member is not accepting of other people's beliefs and continued to attack this member under the guise of a scientific cause. From the moment he joined the league, he posted passive aggressive messages towards this person and continued to do so after he was kindly asked not to.

If one man's daily ritual for himself makes you sick to your stomach, then no, this is not the league for you. If you're accepting of people the way they are, you will always be welcome here.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #93
Scharbach
Bat Boy

If you want to play the game and get into sports discussions often then this is the league for you. We have a lot of great members that are mature adults that enjoy sports and especially OOTP.

The Baseball Classic - Altanta Pilots
Scharbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #94
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

I am going to say this as a member of this league.

"Each of us has our own beliefs...and it is acceptance, not criticism, of what makes each of us who we are that makes us better."

If one cannot accept one of us as we are, on our own merits and gifts, perhaps it is that one needs to leave.

Joseph Hoffman

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #95
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

Funny, I don't believe in god the almighty and I've been in the league for 2 years.

What we don't believe in is rudeness and immaturity. Well... most of us are rude and immature, just not in a prick way like you. Nobody cares about your dislike for Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or Spaghetti Monsterism- it's the prickishness that's a problem.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #96
MJOzz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is a great league. A great group of guys. We give each other hell and get bent out of shape when someone trades with St. Paul. But it's all in good fun. Don't let one dude influence an opportunity to play with a great group of guys in a SUPER competitive league.
MJOzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #97
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus

Look at how rude and immature that quotation is. What a prick someone must be for posing such a question. Evil. Hate filled man.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 AM   #98
mavericktango
Major Leagues

I've just rejoined the league here after quite a while away but have always got on with Joe as a commissioner. He runs a good ship and you certainly get an active Slack chat. The secret to enjoying it is to not take yourself or the conversation seriously, if you do that you'll find you have a great set of GM's here
Old 04-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #99
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

I don't have a problem with another point of view on things, as long as there is tolerance, in which constitutes acceptance of others, regardless of what is said.

Bashing a point of view one may disagree with is not tolerance, but rather selfishness.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #100
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Some guy who is struggling with inner demons feels the urge to announce to others a passage from a fairy tale each morning in order to make himself feel better about whatever he's dealing with.

So like if someone runs up to you on the street and starts babbling about some bible passage then I guess you're totally cool with that? I doubt you would be. Same thing here.

People who are religious are so touchy about someone challenging something that supposedly is infallible. If it's so infallible, what difference does it make if someone else criticises it? Let me go to hell and you'll be just fine.