Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Cumulative Feedback

With two other releases coming up this week I don’t know when I’m going to play FHM3 next. I was up late last night so I spent a total of about 5 hours going through FHM3, messing around briefly with a historical league, and then with “Path to Glory” mode. I had a separate thread started, but I felt like I was starting to type a bit much there, so I thought that I would summarize some things that I noticed here in hopes that it helps the development of the game. Note that the game definitely has its positives, but the purpose of any BETA test I’ve been a part of is to run the game through its paces and find things that could/need to be improved. So here we go..

Errors:

1. Gretzky's Office player role description is cut off.

2. First click on a column seems to sort is from "lowest to highest." Wouldnt it make more sense to have that first click sort "highest to lowest?"

3. A tooltip is needed for player status. John Merrill is at Albany because I needed to cut my preseason roster and is listed there as UNF. I dont know what that is.

4. Taylor Hall was on my injured list. I got a message stating that he could come back any time now, but no message informing me that he was 100% ready to be activated. I had this occur twice with two separate players on the Injured List. So, I was basically able to leave healthy players on the injury list with no retribution or prompting. While its a single player game this is a definite exploit.

5. In the "Post game" report, if you try to click on a player who assisted on a goal it opens up the player report for the player who scored the goal.

6. The following players have stats listed for Albany in 2015/16 but have NO NHL stats listed on their "Career Stats" tab: Zacha, Blandisi, Boucher, and Hegleson. Also, Wedgewood has NHL only stats and no AHL stats. It appears that players who played in both leagues in 2015/16 don’t have both league stats displayed.

7. In "Player Stats" there is no way to sort so that you can look at leading rookies.

8. I just got a mail that said "Joel Quenneville improves at playing Centre." The message, however, outlines how he is improving at right wing. Now, I dont want him to play right wing, and there does not seem to be an option where i can "force" my AHL coach to play him at center or adjust my AHL lineup. He is not being developed by my developmental team the way that I would like him to.

9. On occasion, after mousing over a player’s name and getting their “tooltip” report, that report will stay on the screen behind whatever I do next.

Would Be Nice Stuff:

1. The jersey numbers in the historical play are no where near accurate. Setup here takes a ton of work. A way to clear all jersey numbers would be useful as I doubt this will be anywhere near a priority for the dev team.

2. There is only an option to have your assistant fill lines. It'd be nice if there was a way to have him fill empty spots on your lines, so if you set your top 6, he'd take care of the bottom 6. Or, more simply, if I scratch a player and add another, I should be able to use a “fill lines” option to have my assistant plug that hole. Right now, asking them to fill lines will overwrite anything you've done.

3. It would be nice to have a way to "sort by league" in a player's statistics screen much like they do in OOTP, so if I just wanted to see a player's AHL career, for example, it will take everything else out leaving that behind.

4. Immediate trade offer feedback from the other team would be great. I get my guy's opinion, but then I have to wait a day or two until I hear from the other team no matter how lopsided the trade is in either direction.

5. Also, when I DO get feedback, if the trade is turned down all I get is "Its close." With no feedback on what they would want in addition. The trade reaction seems similar to OOTP but neither of these features seem to be included.

6. A "shop around" and “make this work now” options would be great too.

7. Come to think of it, with all of the empty space on the trade offer screen, why not include other items that might be useful, like the count of players that each team has in their system and on their NHL team, or the players that they currently have on their trade block? Having all of those references in one place would be ridiculously helpful.

8. In order to make sure that players at the AHL level and ECHL levels are being developed properly, the “LOCK” feature from OOTP is needed. My start prospect right winger should not be played at left wing on the second or third line by my AHL coach. In Path to Glory you cant edit AHL lineups from the NHL, but you should have some input on what happens to your ‘spects.

9. Waivers need to be reworked. Players need to stay with NHL rosters, timing needs to be redone, and in the preseason we need a way to know who is waiver eligible prior to a couple of days before the deadline.

10. It would be great to have a way to multi-select players. For example, I should not have to handle 35 separate half star players individually to move them to my “RESERVE” list to get myself down to the required roster size in a historical game.

Also, one big question: I have not checked this myself, but is there any effect on player morale in the preseason when sending players down and calling them up to put them into games and scratch them since the preseason roster size cannot be expanded?

If I'm wrong about ANY of these please feel free to correct me. I was up pretty late messing around so I'm sure its possible that I overlooked or misinterpreted some stuff.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

Lots of good stuff here. I like the "fill empty line-up spots" idea
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote