Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #21
CRPerry13
Bat Boy

I sent you a PM.

Thanks.
CRPerry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #22
PDHitman
Major Leagues

starting spring training for 2031...two teams available, BOS and STL

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -Yogi
PDHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #23
kencoda
Bat Boy

Paul runs a great league. Very competitive with daily spirited conversations on Slack.
Highly recommend.

20CC - Boston Red Sox -1920, 1930, 1931, 1933, 1934
AHIBA - Atlanta Braves - 1999, 2000, 2005
AHIBA 3 - Thunder Bay Bombers - 2013
BOY - New York Giants - 1954
CDL - Chicago White Sox - 2025
eMLB - Detroit Tigers - 1998
NABL - Thunder Bay Bombers 2033
RDBL - Cincinnati Reds - 2030
SHOW - Texas Rangers - 2014

Last edited by kencoda; 09-13-2016 at 12:51 PM.
kencoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #24
da commish
All Star Reserve

I've been in this league for 10 in-game seasons and have enjoyed them all, even when I was losing. Extremely well run league, very reliable commish. Great group of active GMs on Slack. The random debut feature makes this league very interesting, especially around draft time.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #25
Groovercat
Bat Boy

I'm about to start my 4th season in RDBL and can vouch for it as a fun, active, and competitive league.
Groovercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:58 PM   #26
PDHitman
Major Leagues

Need 2 GMs for our league!!

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

Old 12-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #27
TwinsGM
Bat Boy

Really fun, fast-paced league with a lot of smart GMs and a great Commish. I've been in for five seasons and it's easily my favorite league.
TwinsGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:35 AM   #28
LordKilborn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Excellent league

RDBL was my first foray into playing OOTP against live competition. I had purchased the program once every three years or so since 2002 or 2003, so I was a long-term user. And now I can say I never hardly bother playing vs. the AI because the online competition and camaraderie is so strong in RDBL.

The random debut of historical players makes this a lot of fun. The commissioner sims almost daily (he's missed a total of 7 days in the last two years, and 4 of those were when he was on a cruise with no internet). We use slack.com as our chat/discussion forum, and after we switched there away from the more ancient "message boards", our participation (and trade negotiations) became WAY easier!

I took over the White Sox at the end of the 2017 season; I switched to my hometown Rangers at the end of 2027 (required a rebuild due to aging roster), and as of my writing now, we are in the midst of 2033. A year takes, in general, 6-10 weeks to complete (most in-season sims are 5 days). This means if you are working on rebuilding a team, you don't have to be mired in mediocrity very long.

While there are managers who consistently make good choices when it comes to contracts and drafting (and therefore are always in contention), there is a steady rise and fall of teams. Just a three seasons ago, the Reds came out of nowhere, it seemed, to win it all; two seasons ago, our biggest wheeler-dealer, Miami, made all the right moves and won the World Series (in his 4th trip! And then in typical Miami fashion, he blew up that team!); and last season, Tampa Bay got hot at the end of the season, snatched up one of the two AL wild card spots, and bulldozed their way to the championship. I personally took the White Sox to the World Series once and to the AL championship series once; the Rangers took 4 seasons to rebuild, but made the playoffs for the first time since 2026 last season (2032). A young core - several locked up in reasonable contracts for the next several seasons - has me hoping to contend for many seasons to come!

If you are looking for a fun league, I suggest checking out RDBL. You just might be glad you did!
LordKilborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #29
PDHitman
Major Leagues

White Sox are available now.

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website