Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-12-2019, 03:29 AM   #1
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

So Grateful if Someone Could Make this One

I know this is super specific, but it's exactly what I want and if I only could figure out how to do it myself i would but... here it goes.

16 total teams. 2 leagues, 2 divisions each, 4 teams in each division.

Each team plays a 3 game series home and a 3 game series away (3H3A total 6 games) against the 8 teams in the other league. 8X6=48 games.

Each team plays TWO 3 game series home and TWO 3 game series away (6H6A total 12 games) against the the 4 teams in the other division in their league. 4X12=48 games.

Each team plays THREE 3 game series AND ONE 2 game series at home and THREE 3 game series AND ONE 2 game series away (11H11A total 22 games) against the other 3 teams in their division. 3X22=66 games.

48 games against other league plus 48 games against the other division plus 66 games in the division = 162 games.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

When I see 162 games and things not otherwise specified, I assume something MLB-like - starting around Apr1 or a bit before, ending around Oct1 or a bit after, All-Star Game in early/mid-July. Is that correct here?

I also want to suggest a slight tweak to your plan, specifically the series breakdown for the division games. As described it works out to 56 series. Rather than all 2/3/3/3 for the 11 games, if it is 3/4/4 for the 11 games against two of the division opponents (and still 2/3/3/3 against the other one) then that adds up to 52 series. With 52 series and playing 2 series per week that is the same as how MLB does it right now. Not a requirement that it be that way, but it makes it an easier build.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
When I see 162 games and things not otherwise specified, I assume something MLB-like - starting around Apr1 or a bit before, ending around Oct1 or a bit after, All-Star Game in early/mid-July. Is that correct here?

I also want to suggest a slight tweak to your plan, specifically the series breakdown for the division games. As described it works out to 56 series. Rather than all 2/3/3/3 for the 11 games, if it is 3/4/4 for the 11 games against two of the division opponents (and still 2/3/3/3 against the other one) then that adds up to 52 series. With 52 series and playing 2 series per week that is the same as how MLB does it right now. Not a requirement that it be that way, but it makes it an easier build.

Oh, yeah, okay. You know I totally forgot to consider number of series but you're right, that would make it too many series. I like your idea a lot if it can be implemented that way. And yes, this is a MLB like universe... or will be anyway when I get done setting it up.

I so wish I knew how to do it myself. Do I just need a spreadsheet or does one need a database manager to do these things?

ADDED: Wow, I read that stuff at your link above "making baseball schedules" and what a great source of info. Man you know what you're doing. I just opened up one with my spreadsheet and it worked... or at least it opened up and is letting me edit the cells in there. Don't know if I have to save it in a certain format or not but I'm guessing just saving it over itself would suffice. I still don't know enough to make a schedule, but I'm going to play around with this thing just to see if I can learn, especially after reading all of that stuff at the link above. Almost made me feel smart!!

Ugh, I thought it was a spreadsheet I was working in, instead it's a daggone word processing document treating everything as text. Don't thin that's going to work lol. I must be losing my mind thinking that was a spreadsheet but I sure did play around with it a few minutes and thought it was.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 06-13-2019 at 05:25 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:34 AM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Code:
#
# 16 team schedule, 162 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues, each with 2 division of 4 teams
#
#
# 22 games against 3 other teams in division (11H/11A)
# 12 games against 4 teams in other division in subleague (6H/6A)
# 6 games against 8 teams in other subleague (3H/3A)
#
# 
# Teams play no more than 20 consecutive days without offday
#
# Homestands and roadtrips as long as 13 games
# All-Star break counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# Team play 13-14 home weekend series
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins Friday before first Monday of April
# Season ends late-September/early-October
# Season spans 185 days
#
# All-Star Game in early/mid-July (season day number 103)
#
# Built 2019-06-13
#
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 16team162_224u_g_gmo.lsdl (64.7 KB, 124 views)
Old 06-14-2019, 02:02 AM   #5
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
snip..

THANK YOU. THAT IS PERFECT!

What do you think of OOTP20? Liking it?
Old 08-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

So I just finished my first season with this schedule (I play out all of my games..even spring training, so time goes slow in my universe.)

I must say it's absolutely perfect. The matchups were exactly what I was looking for and I just love it. Can't thank you enough man. You guys that mod are so kind.